The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

We need more people tbh :colonhash:
Reply 421
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15042012/2/athletics-bolt-blake-show-speed-jamaica.html

Very impressive and promising start to the season!

Racers Track Club: 37.82 in the mens 4x100 relay
Yohan Blake: 9.90 in the 100m
Original post by erniiee
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15042012/2/athletics-bolt-blake-show-speed-jamaica.html

Very impressive and promising start to the season!

Racers Track Club: 37.82 in the mens 4x100 relay
Yohan Blake: 9.90 in the 100m

I reckon Blake is going to beat Bolt in the Olympics!
Reply 423
Original post by dylantombides
I reckon Blake is going to beat Bolt in the Olympics!

Woooooiiiiiii. That would cause so much drama! I think they'll probably both go sub 9.58..dunno who will come out on top. Definitely want Bolt to win though - would be great to see him become a legend!

What about Gay? Everyone seems to have forgotten him :L
I can't see Blake or anyone beating Bolt this year in either event given he's trained well this winter. With Bolt about to edge into his prime along with it being Olympic year, plus the fact he knows he has competition I think he will have had his head in it over the off season! Last years bitter end to his 100m will have only added to it as well!

Not sure about Gay given his injury's and surgery, he's not even opening until June so It could be tough for him, I think he could be in the running for 3rd possibly
How's LeMaitre been running lately?
Reply 426
Original post by Glow in the dark
I can't see Blake or anyone beating Bolt this year in either event given he's trained well this winter. With Bolt about to edge into his prime along with it being Olympic year, plus the fact he knows he has competition I think he will have had his head in it over the off season! Last years bitter end to his 100m will have only added to it as well!

Not sure about Gay given his injury's and surgery, he's not even opening until June so It could be tough for him, I think he could be in the running for 3rd possibly

I agree to an extent, really wanna see Bolt come out on top. Blake worries me though aha. But yea, I think last year may have given Bolt his motivation over the winter. Can't wait for his opening 100m/200m! I also want to see him try the 300 again this year..he was so close to Johnson's record on his last attempt!

Yea, such a late opener certainly wont help him. I hope he makes it onto team USA, their trials are frickin tough!

Original post by marcusmerehay
How's LeMaitre been running lately?

Haven't heard much from after the indoor season..I'll do some research todaaay
Original post by erniiee
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

pretty happy for him :biggrin:

I agree with you on that! He did wrong but you can't fault his efforts and the shape he get's into year after year...

He'll probably pull his hamstring 2 weeks prior to it now after all that effort :tongue:

Nah I hope he can get to the Semi's and give it his best, then who knows! Good news for the relay team also :smile:
Reply 430
Original post by Glow in the dark
I agree with you on that! He did wrong but you can't fault his efforts and the shape he get's into year after year...

He'll probably pull his hamstring 2 weeks prior to it now after all that effort :tongue:

Nah I hope he can get to the Semi's and give it his best, then who knows! Good news for the relay team also :smile:

Yea, especially as he's so old now!

Ah, I hope not :frown: I hate the way athletes in general are plagued by injury.

Yea I wanna see him go under 10 seconds one more time!
BUCS this weekend. Just a short hop on the Central line to run on [currently] the most famous track in the world! Can't wait :excited:
Reply 432
Original post by rockrunride
BUCS this weekend. Just a short hop on the Central line to run on [currently] the most famous track in the world! Can't wait :excited:

Aha exciting :smile: and the Jamaican invitational is today :woo: Bolt and Blake..yay
One of my Basketball mates was competing in the Pole Vault at BUCS yesterday - got a picture of himself in the Guardian. :lol:
**** my life. Tactic: 75 even pace for 5000m (15:37.5). Managed it for five/six laps. Fell off like Mufasa in the canyon. Ended up getting 16:03.

Can't train on the track next week either because of exams. This stinks :frown:
Reply 435
9.82 season opener for Bolt? This is gonna be a great season :colone:
This thread needs to be bigger!
Ahh I can't wait for the Diamond League to begin :biggrin:
Reply 437
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
This thread needs to be bigger!
Ahh I can't wait for the Diamond League to begin :biggrin:

Exactly what I think :tongue: Really cannot wait for Doha! :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
Exactly what I think :tongue: Really cannot wait for Doha! :biggrin:

Only 5 days to go now!!:biggrin:
I do like watching a bit of world class athletics and will probably follow the DL, may even attend the London Grand Prix as it's likely to be the last at Crystal Palace. But, and this is a big but, running and actively competing in athletics share half of my spare time with watching football. Competitive athletics is my passion. As such, for me there's a melancholic side to being in the crowd, none more so than when my own training partner got selected for a UKA development race and I didn't: even though our training was more or less the same, he was just faster! I know I'm nowhere near good enough to be on the national let alone international stage, but the feeling of envy dies hard.

A few pictures I took at the Olympic Stadium yesterday:

Quick Reply

Latest