The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Mephestic
the only questions that can be asked are in the spec. if you take a look at that from aqa website it will highlight all the areas they can ask.

I sat this paper last January.

my prediction for the sleep question will be on circadian rhythms, sleep disorders or lifespan changes in sleep.

you heard it here first :biggrin:

relationships il likely to be sexual selection or maintenance of relationships.

aggression is possibly genes and aggression ...this one is harder to predict.

will be interesting to see if I'm right,
:biggrin:

Jan 2012 the first question was: 'Outline one explanation for narcolepsy' then part 2 was 'Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations of sleep' - so they might steer away from sleep disorders seen as a sleep disorder was featured on the last exam?

The only 2 areas which have never come up in sleep are: - role of exogenus zeitgebers and the restoration theory of sleep. I agree, however, that lifespan changes in sleep is a very likely possibility.
Original post by 007dunlop
Jan 2012 the first question was: 'Outline one explanation for narcolepsy' then part 2 was 'Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations of sleep' - so they might steer away from sleep disorders seen as a sleep disorder was featured on the last exam?

The only 2 areas which have never come up in sleep are: - role of exogenus zeitgebers and the restoration theory of sleep. I agree, however, that lifespan changes in sleep is a very likely possibility.

Yes but also circadian rhythms or biological rhythms in general havnt been asked as a big question if I recall correctly? It has only been asked as a small question before and there is plenty of research into it.

"I can imagine it being something like outline and evaluate research into one or more types of biological rhythms"

Im not sitting this exam thankfully but I think bio-rhythms (mainly circadian) is a big likelyhood as is lifespan as mentioned.

:smile:
Reply 102
Circadian rhythms would be a dream :smile:

What are people predicting for eating behaviours?
Reply 103
What is everyone predicting for relationships, aggression, gender? Absolutely hate gender with a passion!
Anybody else doing Biological Rhythms & Sleep, Eating Behaviour and Aggression (which I haven't even started yet)?
Original post by imgreaat
What is everyone predicting for relationships, aggression, gender? Absolutely hate gender with a passion!

Original post by throwbacktothepast
Anybody else doing Biological Rhythms & Sleep, Eating Behaviour and Aggression (which I haven't even started yet)?

Does anyone have resources on warfare in the aggression section?
Reply 106

Yes I am doing all three of those and funny enough in your situation! Haven't even started aggression. My college is going sloooowww -.-
Reply 107
Is anyone doing cognitive development and intelligence? I havent come across anyone yet
Original post by :)J
Is anyone doing cognitive development and intelligence? I havent come across anyone yet

wudnt recomend doing em
Reply 109
Original post by y.yousef
wudnt recomend doing em

mmm thanks, but i was asking if anyone else is doing it
Reply 110
Hey guys :smile:

Im an external student and just looking for a bit of help/advice really.

Ive done all my notes for unit 3, and now im starting to look at writing and remembering essays for the exam.

I was wandering if anyone had some model questions for Aggression, Eating Behaviours and Intelligence?

Just feeling a bit lost about how i should be revising now! :/

If anyone could help that would be AMAZING. thankyou!
any predictions on what questions will come out for relationships, aggression and eating behaviour :smile:?
Original post by hhh123
Yes I am doing all three of those and funny enough in your situation! Haven't even started aggression. My college is going sloooowww -.-

Haha I finally started aggression today! It seems to be mainly social learning theory and conformity stuff we've done before so hopefully it should be fairly straight-forward :smile:
Reply 113
Has anyone got any tips on how to write effective evaluative points? I often find it difficult to answer the 'so what' question when I make a point.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Mmrawrr
Has anyone got any tips on how to write effective evaluative points? I often find it difficult to answer the 'so what' question when I make a point.

Thanks. :smile:

Make sure that you include synopticity (e.g. nature v nurture, individual differences, gender bias etc.) as well as evaluation of methodology (ethical issues, validity, reliability etc.), and contradictory evidence from other studies :smile:
Reply 115
Make sure that you include synopticity (e.g. nature v nurture, individual differences, gender bias etc.) as well as evaluation of methodology (ethical issues, validity, reliability etc.), and contradictory evidence from other studies :smile:

Yeah, I always try to do that but sometimes my AO2 points are considered weak because I haven't explained the point clearly enough. How can I improve that? I know it's a bit of a silly question, but I'm quite desperate. xD
Reply 116
Haha I finally started aggression today! It seems to be mainly social learning theory and conformity stuff we've done before so hopefully it should be fairly straight-forward :smile:

Yeah I started the other day too! Just finished the social bit. Glad it's stuff we have kind of done as AS!
Original post by Heyimdec
Thankyou for the mention in the first post Chelsey. :smile:

I am not ruling out a result for this unit! Hopefully I did well enough. I'll be doing Sleep, Eating and Relationships if I have to resit. If anybody has any questions about these topics or the exam itself, don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

I'm doing exactly the same units as you! :smile:

Also an external candidate wondering if anyone wouldn't mind letting me see model essays for those three topics? Sleep, Eating and Relationships to confirm hehe. :smile:

Trying not to panic now - there's so much to learn! :redface:
Reply 118
Original post by AwkwardPenguin
I'm doing exactly the same units as you! :smile:

Also an external candidate wondering if anyone wouldn't mind letting me see model essays for those three topics? Sleep, Eating and Relationships to confirm hehe. :smile:

Trying not to panic now - there's so much to learn! :redface:

Hey, I'm doing the same topics. What grade student are you? I'm looking for an A* candidate to share essays with :smile:
Original post by d3ano
Hey, I'm doing the same topics. What grade student are you? I'm looking for an A* candidate to share essays with :smile:

Why not just share with anybody? No need to be selfish tbh. I can understand notes, but essays?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending