The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by kitkat19
Rejected from Cambridge maths. Apparently there were 4000 applicant for 400 places. Thats 10 per place so its actually harder to get into the summer school than the uni. But i got a place on this 'cambridge new initiative' hingy. Its where you get set a task and you have to complete it in 3 weeks with a load of othe maths applicants and discuss via a website they'll giv and then you go to cambridge for one day to experience lectures and group sessions....kinda disappointed but at least i get to do something

Unlucky. I was hoping you were going to get in because I'm doing maths and it would be nice to know someone from here.
Reply 981
Original post by RosieInWonderland
Hello I got accepted at Durham too:smile: what were the other courses, I got accepted onto modern languages :smile: Well done on getting accepted!!!!:biggrin:

Heeey!! One girl got accepted for maths and the other got accepted for Anthrapology, I got accepted for English. Thank you! Well done to you getting accepted as well! :smile: Are you lookiong forward to it yet? :biggrin:
Reply 982
Didn't get in for Computer Science at Cambridge...
I'm on the reserve list for Architecture at Cambridge, it says there's only 4 to 6 for each course, anyone else a reserve?
Reply 984
Rejected for Chemistry, ah well! :rolleyes:
Original post by RosieInWonderland
Hello I'm doing Languages but still I am going to Durham, I'm so excited I never thought I'd get in!!!:biggrin: Slightly nervous though are you? :smile:

Okay so now I know someone doing languages, on top of others doing maths, English and history, but nobody else seems to be studying the same thing as I am! I'm nervous but god I'm excited to meet you all, its gonna be so fun :smile:
I got a place for the Biological Sciences at Cambridge :biggrin:

Genuinely didn't believe I would get in, matched only 4/6 criteria, well done to all others accepted and commiserations to those who didn't get a place on this occasion :-)
Reply 987
Rejected by Cambridge for Medicine, but I've been offered a place on their Experience Cambridge: Medicine event, with group working for 3 weeks and a day in Cambridge for sample lectures etc. so I'm not too annoyed xD
Rejected for philosophy
Haven't even heard from Cambridge in the post today! Did everyone else get letters? :L
Rejection for Cambridge Econ. Not that surprised, as both my parents went to Uni...
Reply 991
Accepted for English at Cambridge!
Reply 992
Original post by iCiaran
Didn't get in for Computer Science at Cambridge...

me neither... just gotta work hard for the real thing!! :biggrin:
Rejected for Medicine - not suprised as my school came third nationally for GCSEs :P
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Rejected for philosophy

me too :frown:

Rejected for philosophy by both Oxford and Cambridge :frown:

I had everything the Sutton trust asked for...
Rejected for Medicine @ Cambridge but offered a place on Experience Cambridge: Medicine...
Reply 996
Rejected too, anyone else get a place on the FE Summer School?
Original post by kitkat19
Rejected from Cambridge maths. Apparently there were 4000 applicant for 400 places. Thats 10 per place so its actually harder to get into the summer school than the uni. But i got a place on this 'cambridge new initiative' hingy. Its where you get set a task and you have to complete it in 3 weeks with a load of othe maths applicants and discuss via a website they'll giv and then you go to cambridge for one day to experience lectures and group sessions....kinda disappointed but at least i get to do something

Same... i met ALL 6 criteria as well including an A at 90% UMS at AS maths already done. Oh well i'm planning on applying for nat sciences instead next year... :P
Reply 998
Rejected for Economics at Cambridge haha, anyone else?! I did fit all the criteria, must have been really competitive!
Reply 999
Original post by Mouth
Rejected for Economics at Cambridge haha, anyone else?! I did fit all the criteria, must have been really competitive!

I did too, what else did they say on the letter to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending