The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Goodsir
They way it normally works is that strong candidates will be given offer first... the rest will be on wait-list...

[sarcasm_mode] Pfieuw! That's a relief! ;-) [/sarcasm_mode]
my understanding is they send out mass acceptances on the 30th or so, right?
Reply 122
Original post by Chaaalieboy
my understanding is they send out mass acceptances on the 30th or so, right?

What makes you think that?
Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies.

Woot! Just came in today.

Has anyone ever heard of someone not being accepted after reaching this point? I'm seriously considering letting Imperial lapse for it

It looks like the board of graduate studies meets the 8th of May. Hopefully they'll approve my app by then. How long did it take for all of you to get to the final acceptance stage?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by findingsuede
Lol, we are in the exactly the same situation....

How long did it take for your offer to come through? What was the date, if you dont mind me asking.
Reply 125
I got into the BOGS stage as well... hoping to hear from them soon! I had written this one off quite a long time ago actually - it took them more than 5 months to get back to me. Oh well..
Reply 126
Still heard nothing here. Looks like I'll expect a rejection in the next few days. Bugger
Reply 127
Original post by Hanshen
Still heard nothing here. Looks like I'll expect a rejection in the next few days. Bugger

Same here. Really disappointed I didn't hear anything yesterday.
Reply 128
hey everyone,
same with me I have applied since late January! just to let you know I send and e-mail to ask about the status being stuck at" under consideration by the department" and they replyed that : "We have received an enormous number of applications for each of our
programmes. Generally, Admissions Committees do not meet to consider them
until February. Applications are then reviewed in the order in which they
were received. A significant number may then be put into a holding batch,
to be re-reviewed when all applications have been seen. As you will
appreciate, this means some applicants may be waiting for some time. Because
of this, you may not hear anything until April at the earliest, but please
bear in mind that it could be later." today is public holiday in the uk???
thanks
Reply 129
yeah, I've already been told I'm in the holding group. I suppose that means my odds are extremely low. I'm so disappointed.
Reply 130
what do you mean you have already been told? it might not be a bad thing ..i mean its noot a rejection after all
Reply 131
I received an email ages ago now telling me I was in a final holding group. Considering the total number of places given already on this forum alone, plus that clearly now the holding group itself has begun to receive offers, it is seeming increasingly unlikely I will be sent the offer I am looking for. Which is enormously disappointing, especially after an 8-9 month stressful wait.
Now with the BGS. Just updated.

Hopefully this will lead to an offer and not a rejection. Would be a bummer otherwise.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by Hanshen
I received an email ages ago now telling me I was in a final holding group. Considering the total number of places given already on this forum alone, plus that clearly now the holding group itself has begun to receive offers, it is seeming increasingly unlikely I will be sent the offer I am looking for. Which is enormously disappointing, especially after an 8-9 month stressful wait.

Try to think positively. The fact that you applied in the first place and also that you made it into the holding group probably means that you are extremely highly qualified. Even if it's not going to be Cambridge, you'll find that other universities offer quite similar courses of comparable quality at much lower cost (why not try Bath, St Andrews etc.?). Chin up! :-)
Reply 134
I don't suppose they look entirely at people's academic performance. Experiences you've made outside of your degree will count, as will the overall quality of your application.
Reply 135
Original post by Hanshen
Had a fair few of those too, from national level competitive sport to charity to... well a fair old bit really. Like I say, I really don't know what I could have done better. I have had scholarship offers for all my other offers, it's just frustrating that Cambridge seem to hate me.

At the end of the day it's their choice, it's just frustrating however, I really put a lot of heart into that application and was holding out on it.

Do you actually have a rejection yet, or are you just assuming that because you haven't heard back yet while others have?
Reply 136
Original post by sj27
Do you actually have a rejection yet, or are you just assuming that because you haven't heard back yet while others have?

bingo. :P

[to the assumption]
Original post by Chaaalieboy
How long did it take for your offer to come through? What was the date, if you dont mind me asking.

Sorry for the late reply. Was busy with exams and final year project...It took me 6 weeks to get an informal email from the program director to confirm place and another two weeks for a formal conditional offer. Don't worry, you are safe in this stage.
Original post by Hanshen
bingo. :P

[to the assumption]

Don't be upset man! School is just a symbol, keep the hard work and it will pay off one day. When you look back, the steps you took were more important than the places you have been to.

Cheer up, and you will achieve what you can achieve in Cambridge at another school!
Acceptance.

Quick Reply

Latest