The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
I think it may just be HD Youtube that's iffy now.

Why will it be slow? :s-smilie:

I dunno, I just get the feeling talking to people about cheaper androids + my experiences with my hero
The only seriously slow app on my Hero is Facebook, and that's not my phone's fault!
Original post by G8D
Yeah Facebook is clunky as **** when it's refreshing.

Yes, it's like the devs didn't even try. It must take at least 20 seconds for it to load after I've opened it, I might as well just use the mobile site :nothing:
Took the plunge, updated to ICS on my SE Arc S, it's great! So quick and seamless, really enjoying it, beautiful interface, no major changes for me in terms of usability but I much prefer ICS to GB!
Reply 7484
Original post by longman240
Took the plunge, updated to ICS on my SE Arc S, it's great! So quick and seamless, really enjoying it, beautiful interface, no major changes for me in terms of usability but I much prefer ICS to GB!

Official update?
Original post by G8D
Yeah Facebook is clunky as **** when it's refreshing.

I've found that the more recent updates have sorted most of it's performance issues.
Is anyone having an issue with Go Locker?

All of a sudden mines freezing when I unlock, keeps going back to the standard lock screen, but won't let me do anything, and then within 5 seconds its fine again. Not a major problem, but damn annoying as its every time I unlock my phone.
Reply 7487
Hey, i posted about a week ago saying that the wifi wasn't working on my S2 after updating to 4.0. I did a factory reset and this worked - until now. I have the exact same issue again. My phone says it's connected to the wifi but nothing works! Any ideas :frown:? Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Anyone know when the update is coming to HTC Desire HD? :frown:
Saw the strangest thing after hearing everyone talking about factory resets during updates, my mate who's not a tech wiz just updated his S2 to ICS without any wipes at all and yet it seems to be working fine :s-smilie:
Reply 7490
My S2 switched over without a hitch. T-Mobile - if that makes any odds.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Anyone know when the update is coming to HTC Desire HD? :frown:

In the next couple of months I reckon.
Reply 7492
Original post by F_shakeey
Saw the strangest thing after hearing everyone talking about factory resets during updates, my mate who's not a tech wiz just updated his S2 to ICS without any wipes at all and yet it seems to be working fine :s-smilie:

I'm no tech wiz either! I updated it the normal way but it just seems to have messed up my wifi :/
Original post by Rainy
My S2 switched over without a hitch. T-Mobile - if that makes any odds.

I'll have to check his network might just be a coincidence. Did you use OTA or connect via pc?

Original post by loz876
I'm no tech wiz either! I updated it the normal way but it just seems to have messed up my wifi :/

You got off lucky, a lot of people have been reporting huge battery drains, the phone getting very hot in normal conditions and much more...

Should be a patch for it soon :smile:
I'll have to check his network might just be a coincidence. Did you use OTA or connect via pc?

You got off lucky, a lot of people have been reporting huge battery drains, the phone getting very hot in normal conditions and much more...

Should be a patch for it soon :smile:

Yeah, my mate said that but I haven't had any huge drains

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:
Reply 7495
OTA - using a fairly weak 3G signal.
Reply 7496
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Is anyone having an issue with Go Locker?

All of a sudden mines freezing when I unlock, keeps going back to the standard lock screen, but won't let me do anything, and then within 5 seconds its fine again. Not a major problem, but damn annoying as its every time I unlock my phone.

Had the same problem :frown: Uninstalled it and now using the standard lock screen.
Original post by lohoj
Official update?

Yup, has to be done via PC, after extensive use, I've noticed two major problems: 1) The battery is draining very quickly after the update
2) Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping

Aside from those 2 things, a very well-made update
Original post by wizard710
Yeah, my mate said that but I haven't had any huge drains

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:

Hmm maybe you guys got off lucky I honestly have no clue it seems most are having trouble and some aren't. Nice one though :smile:

Original post by Rainy
OTA - using a fairly weak 3G signal.

Wow that is quite extraordinary, one of the few exceptions :tongue:

Is the new ICS worth the wait?

Latest

Trending

Trending