The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by sophieking
Okay so I got a B in my unit 1 which was 38/50 (ums) and I got an A in my unit 2 which was 31/40..Is it possible that I can still get an A* overall? Or should I just throw my dreams down the drain...
Unit 1 was multiple choice which is definiely not my thing!!

What was your UMS for Unit 2 out of 50?

I done the same course and it's all out of 200 UMS.

Basically I got 40 in Unit 1 and 45 in Unit 2 so I needed to get 95 UMS in Unit 3 which meant I could lose roughly 10 marks.

If you tell me your UMS in Unit 2 I could happily work it out for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Young
What was your UMS for Unit 2 out of 50?

I done the same course and it's all out of 200 UMS.

Basically I got 40 in Unit 1 and 45 in Unit 2 so I needed to get 95 UMS in Unit 3 which meant I could lose roughly 10 marks.

If you tell me your UMS in Unit 2 I could happily work it out for you :smile:

I think it was 43/50..it's impossible to get an A* :frown: sigh
Reply 3
I think it was 43/50..it's impossible to get an A* :frown: sigh

nope it IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. For Unit 1 and Unit 2 you have a total 81 UMS and so you will need 99/100 UMS on Unit 3.

if you really want that A* you will need to get full marks on Unit 3 which can be tough and hard going but people have done it before! Just make sure you know the facts inside out and your exam technique is perfect!

Go through old exam papers, look at mark schemes, look at examiners reports and see what they look for, for the 10 mark, 8 mark, 6 mark questions.

You can do it! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Young
nope it IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. For Unit 1 and Unit 2 you have a total 81 UMS and so you will need 99/100 UMS on Unit 3.

if you really want that A* you will need to get full marks on Unit 3 which can be tough and hard going but people have done it before! Just make sure you know the facts inside out and your exam technique is perfect!

Go through old exam papers, look at mark schemes, look at examiners reports and see what they look for, for the 10 mark, 8 mark, 6 mark questions.

You can do it! :smile:

Thank you! Wow 99/100...

I'm glad someone believes in me because I certainly don't LOL

I will definitely try my best though!
Reply 5
Thank you! Wow 99/100...

I'm glad someone believes in me because I certainly don't LOL

I will definitely try my best though!

you should believe in yourself! If you try hard you will succeed!
Reply 6
Hey, this is the unit 3 edexcel business right? I was just wondering how the 'it depends' rule work? Does anyone know how to do that for your 8 and 10 mark answers?
Reply 7
Original post by Wintabix
Hey, this is the unit 3 edexcel business right? I was just wondering how the 'it depends' rule work? Does anyone know how to do that for your 8 and 10 mark answers?

discuss and say the pros and cons about it :smile: hope i helped
Original post by No brainer1
discuss and say the pros and cons about it :smile: hope i helped

are you sitting the exam tomorrow?
Reply 9
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
are you sitting the exam tomorrow?

No my unit 3 exam is on the 30th may
Original post by No brainer1
No my unit 3 exam is on the 30th may

i meant the multiple choice paper, it's tomorrow.

Latest