The Student Room Group

Ex Issues!!

Not too sure why I'm writing this post when I already know what I should/ shouldn't do but, just wanted abit of advice. Basically, me and my ex went out for over 2 years and we broke up last summer, he moved on quickly and I thought I'd moved on too. Currently seeing someone else, yet my ex has got in contact and told me how much he misses me and thinks our break up was the biggest mistake ever. He thinks we're 'meant to be' and that I should give him another shot.

Until I saw him again I thought all feelings had gone, but it seems that is not that case as there is definitely still something there, which I can't say I feel in this new relationship :frown: I know I shouldn't go back, but its so hard when part of me really wants to! Btw he can be such a **** though!

Anyone been in a similar situation?
Get rid. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Original post by Llamageddon
Get rid. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

This! Well said!

Exes are exes for a reason, why don't you tell us what that is?

Maybe you'll remind yourself of why you should be going forwards, not moving backwards.

But whatever you decide, end it with the new guy. No one wants to be that person.
Reply 3
Yeah I know this is the right answer, its just taking awhile to convince myself its the only sensible option. Urm there was a number of reasons really, it hadn't been working for awhile, the trust was gone when he pretty much cheated on me, but I thought we could work through it, we couldn't so eventually broke up. All the reasons, he'd turn up at my house drunk and then piss of all my flatmates, doesn't seem so many things now I'm writing it down. But the biggest issue was the trust thing and thats obviously such a huge thing on its own that I don't think we would work again now.

Yeah I know I should, I feel so bad on him as he's such a lovely guy but there isn't a spark so I guess thats never gonna work either!
Reply 4
Not worth the trouble i think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending