The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Exchange student accom contracts?

Hiya guys,
I'm from New Zealand and I'm considering coming home to the UK to Leeds Uni (I was born in Bradford) to do a business degree (well, I'll be second/third year by the time I get there!) All of the halls have rates for 41-50 weeks but I will only be coming for a semester so do they do shorter term contracts for people like me and are they just as cheap per week? I'm currently tossing up between applying for Henry Price and Ellerslie Hall so again any help would be awesome!! :smile:
Original post by laurajaye
Hiya guys,
I will only be coming for a semester so do they do shorter term contracts for people like me and are they just as cheap per week?

We do :smile: If you're coming for the first semester only, you will typically have a contract from the start until around 16(ish) January with the possibility of extending for a further week if you have exams in the second exam week. If you're coming for the second semester only, then your contract will be from the Wednesday before the second semester starts until the usual end date. It is the same price per week but those contract dates are fixed so even if, for example, you want to leave in early June, your contract will still be until 3 July or whatever the usual end date is.
I hope that makes sense!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
THANK YOU! You are amazing, our exchange co-ordinators didn't tell me anything so you are a massive help!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest