The Student Room Group

International Medical Students applying to UK for 2013 intake!

Wanna know the people who'll be applying alongside wid me for 2013 intake!

BTW i'm from Srilanka!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm here if anyone has questions about applying as an international student! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Me! :smile: Have you thought of the universities you are going to apply to yet?

:colone:
Reply 3
International here with deferred entry into St Georges in 2013

Good luck guys!
Reply 4
Like DoctorK2 and EKJM, I'm an international with an offer. I'll be here if anyone has any questions.
Reply 5
Likewise, feel free to ask me any questions about medical applications. :h:
Reply 6
Guys i'm thinking of applying 2 UCL,KCL,Queen Mary and Imperial.
Have u got any advice as to how to prepare so that i will have a better chance of being admitted?
And btw can u please share your own experience of applying to medical school?
The schools u chose?
Reply 7
Original post by doctork2
I'm here if anyone has questions about applying as an international student! :biggrin:

can i know the universities you applied to? and from where are you holding an offer?
Reply 8
Original post by Meltingice
Me! :smile: Have you thought of the universities you are going to apply to yet?

:colone:

up! UCL,KCL,Queen Mary and Imperial but not sure though!
They may change according to my UKCAT! what about you?
How's ur GCSE's lyk?
Reply 9
Original post by Glia
Like DoctorK2 and EKJM, I'm an international with an offer. I'll be here if anyone has any questions.

From where are you holding an offer?
Reply 10
Original post by EKJM
International here with deferred entry into St Georges in 2013

Good luck guys!

ow did you manage to get an offer from St.GEorges? Can u share you experience? What were ur GCSE's and predicted grades lyk?
How about extracurricular and workexperience?
Reply 11
Original post by Vulpes
Likewise, feel free to ask me any questions about medical applications. :h:

from where are you holding an offer?
Reply 12
Original post by sherazhar
ow did you manage to get an offer from St.GEorges? Can u share you experience? What were ur GCSE's and predicted grades lyk?

I'm holding an offer to St. Georges for 2012 and am an international student from Canada as well. I had 92% high school average, 5/5 on my AP test, 660 UKCAT (625 was cut off), had half a year of volunteering at dementia-only nursing home, 4 years of unrelated work experience and was part of couple of sports team.
Any international planning to apply, feel free to ask me questions as well.
Reply 13
Original post by AbuAK
I'm holding an offer to St. Georges for 2012 and am an international student from Canada as well. I had 92% high school average, 5/5 on my AP test, 660 UKCAT (625 was cut off), had half a year of volunteering at dementia-only nursing home, 4 years of unrelated work experience and was part of couple of sports team.
Any international planning to apply, feel free to ask me questions as well.

Hey i'm from Srilanka.Got 9A*s in GCSE and predicting 5A*s in A Levels and have shadowed 2 GP's for 4 weeks.Have volunteered a bit at orphanages.President of MUN and Literary association and doing athletics!
Wad ya think? I have a chance @ St.George's?
Reply 14
from where are you holding an offer?

I'm currently a first year medical student at Sheffield. But I had a couple of offers elsewhere too :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Vulpes
I'm currently a first year medical student at Sheffield. But I had a couple of offers elsewhere too :smile:

what was your experience lyk applying 2 sheffield? How did you prepare? Ur GCSE's and A Levels and extacurricular and workexperience?
Original post by doctork2

I'm an international student ¬¬ I did my IGCSEs and they were fine. At this instant Im doing my AS in the UK, got an ABCC in Jan Module and have been predicted an AAAA but I wonder if that's what my teachers are going to send in UCAS or they're going to change it according to whatever result I get in August for the summer papers?
I'm dying to go to St.george's. Help please!! :frown:
Original post by Vulpes

Woah! Sheffield :biggrin:
What did you get for your GCSEs and Alevels? Mind updating us, Please?
Reply 18
Original post by mollie.harris
Woah! Sheffield :biggrin:
What did you get for your GCSEs and Alevels? Mind updating us, Please?

yup it would be graet if you coud update 'em for us pls!
Reply 19

Well I think I was really lucky because the interview did not go as well as I planned it to be, heh! I don't have GCSEs, just something called the O levels, which were 5A1 2A2s and 1B4. I applied used achieved grades of AAB/aaad. UKCAT 697.5. I had volunteered at the Red Cross for 7 years so far, as a cadet as well as an instructor, spent 2 years in debates and oratory, went on an overseas community project in Indonesia for relief work, did a few fundraising stints here and there, and have worked 2 years as an Emergency Medical Technician. (Which explains why I have 2 gap years, unfortunately because my country has mandatory conscription for males).

If I am not mistaken, I think St George's takes work experience very seriously, so you might want to beef up on that. Go with an open attitude and learn!

And for the interview, try not to be nervous and just be yourself. Don't let the 5 minute intervals of MMI scare you, in my experience it all went by pretty fast. And do be prepared for rejections when you apply for Medicine. Most people pull of one or two acceptances, and even that's quite an achievement. You must not let setbacks affect your performance at interviews and applications.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending