The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Extricated
Churchill, economics too :P

Yay! Look forward to meeting you. :smile: :five:
Original post by Marie-Camille
I am :biggrin: I'm doing History, where do you come from?

Hi! :hello: I'm from Birmingham. How about yourself?
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
Ooh, why hello there insomniacramblings. Which course will you be doing, i'm on the Economics course. :smile:

Economics sounds interesting, I'll be doing Sociology/Social Anthropology. I take it we'll be there on the same week!

Which A-levels do you currently study?
Original post by insomniacramblings
Economics sounds interesting, I'll be doing Sociology/Social Anthropology. I take it we'll be there on the same week!

Which A-levels do you currently study?

I think so...July 22 -26th?

Well, my A levels are a little complicated, but i'm doing Maths, Psychology, Economics and Business, ICT and RS.

How about you?
Reply 1184
Original post by chelseayj_
That's ok then :smile:. You've got quite a long way to travel from then! I'm from the West Midlands :smile:

Its not too bad recently i have been to liverpool to see my sister that took 6 hours in a car, not good. Your a fair distance too lol, but i'm sure my ferry will still make my journey longer lol :tongue:
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
I think so...July 22 -26th?

Well, my A levels are a little complicated, but i'm doing Maths, Psychology, Economics and Business, ICT and RS.

How about you?

Wow @ 6 A levels! I couldn't handle that many lol. A broad range, too. I just have essay subjects: History, Politics, English Lit, and Philosophy.
Original post by AshT153
Its not too bad recently i have been to liverpool to see my sister that took 6 hours in a car, not good. Your a fair distance too lol, but i'm sure my ferry will still make my journey longer lol :tongue:

Ouch, 6 hours to Liverpool couldn't have been nice! Only about an hour and a half for me... so not overly bad :smile:. What A levels are you taking??
Reply 1187
Original post by Marie-Camille
I am :biggrin: I'm doing History, where do you come from?

Hi :smile:
I'm at Churchill doing History too!
I applied for Bristol to do Humanities, and got in! So glad, especially considering I didn't get into the Oxford Summer School.
Wow @ 6 A levels! I couldn't handle that many lol. A broad range, too. I just have essay subjects: History, Politics, English Lit, and Philosophy.

Like I said, my A levels are a tad complicated. Plus, Economics and Business is a combined A level, so that counts as one.
Anyone going from London on the 22nd-26th (Cambridge)?

Hey. I'm travelling from London and I'll be studying economics :smile: yay!
Reply 1191
Anyone going from Shropshire on the 13th-17th? It looks like me and my friend will have be travelling for over 5 hours on the train, going to Crewe, then London Paddington, then tube to Kings Cross, then to Cambridge... so, if anyone is getting on the train pretty much anywhere in the country we'll probably see you :tongue:
I didn't get in although I was applying for Medicine so I knew it was coming. Plus, my tutor didn't fill out my details so my application was incomplete. :rant:

I did get bumped along to a FE Summer School for Biological Sciences, has anybody heard of this?
Reply 1193
Original post by TobyM
Anyone going from Shropshire on the 13th-17th? It looks like me and my friend will have be travelling for over 5 hours on the train, going to Crewe, then London Paddington, then tube to Kings Cross, then to Cambridge... so, if anyone is getting on the train pretty much anywhere in the country we'll probably see you :tongue:

Oh i am! I'm coming from Wellington train station.
Damn thats pretty far, none of my friends got in so it looks like i'll be on my own =.=
Got into Medicine at Cambridge! wooo!
Who else is going? I'd like to maybe know someone who'll be there! :smile:
Original post by TobyM

Haha I'm coming from Swindon for that date so may see you at Paddington / Kings cross - It's quite a nice train from Kings cross actually as it's a direct route and very scenic I took it for the open day.

Very exciting Cambridge is beautiful so so happy to be going back everyone with a place is very lucky! :smile:
Does anyone know if any of the Sutton Trust universities that offer Law accept applicants from Scotland? Because I want to do Law but I doubt that I would go to an English uni (tuition fees are a bit of a turnoff). Is it still worth applying (for 2013 entry)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1197
Original post by chelseayj_
Ouch, 6 hours to Liverpool couldn't have been nice! Only about an hour and a half for me... so not overly bad :smile:. What A levels are you taking??

Ahh that's not bad, i reckon it will at least take me 2 or 3 hours. I'm currently taking 3 AS's and 1 A2 as i took the AS last year. I'm taking AS: Physics, Maths and MEdia (my odd subject). And A2 systems and control (electronics). you ??
Woo got in for English!
Original post by AshT153
Ahh that's not bad, i reckon it will at least take me 2 or 3 hours. I'm currently taking 3 AS's and 1 A2 as i took the AS last year. I'm taking AS: Physics, Maths and MEdia (my odd subject). And A2 systems and control (electronics). you ??

Oh cool, sounds pretty good! :smile: I'm doing Maths, Physics, English Literature and Further Maths :smile:. Good luck with exams! See you in the summer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending