The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Does anyone know if it's first come first served cause them i'm screwed I recently just changed my choice to Liverpool
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 541
Original post by Soph(:
Does anyone know if it's first come first served cause them i'm screwed I recently just changed my choice to Liverpool

It is, but there's plenty of accomodation, so you'll get somewhere (don't forget your still ahead of those going through clearing)
Reply 542
Original post by DMed
It is, but there's plenty of accomodation, so you'll get somewhere (don't forget your still ahead of those going through clearing)

Oh damn! Ah yeah that's true! I just want to be with social people haha
Original post by Soph(:

Well last year they took the absolute piss with me. I ended up having to go to one of those other accomodations and nearly ended up homeless. Unless you're catered, you'll find it hard to get self catered from the uni halls, although I was lucky and got self catered ensuite for the same price.
Reply 544
Original post by jam277
Well last year they took the absolute piss with me. I ended up having to go to one of those other accomodations and nearly ended up homeless. Unless you're catered, you'll find it hard to get self catered from the uni halls, although I was lucky and got self catered ensuite for the same price.

Oh God that doesn't sound too great, I'll probably when I get round to finally doing it put down catered then if there's more chance of ending up in a good place.
Original post by TylerJamesYeah
Hopefully will be studying Tropical Disease Biology, starting in September, grades permitting.
Fingers crossed!
You're gonna be studying medicine right?

I've confirmed my place for Tropical Disease Biology!! You are actually the first person I come across on here that is on the same course as me :h:
Original post by IvetBelqta
I've confirmed my place for Tropical Disease Biology!! You are actually the first person I come across on here that is on the same course as me :h:

Same! haha, what accommodation have you applied for?
I was beginning to think I was the only one who had decided on that course haha.
What grades are they asking from you?
Original post by Soph(:
Oh God that doesn't sound too great, I'll probably when I get round to finally doing it put down catered then if there's more chance of ending up in a good place.

My tip is to not choose carnatic, choose greenbank if you go catered. I would say choose 1 catered and the rest self catered. It'll cost a hell of a lot of money and you don't have any places to cook food in catered, I think my friend only had a microwave at his place and a mini fridge. You'll need either a bike or a bus pass if you go catered as they're all at least 30-40 mins walk.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 548
Original post by jam277
My tip is to not choose carnatic, choose greenbank if you go catered. I would say choose 1 catered and the rest self catered. It'll cost a hell of a lot of money and you don't have any places to cook food in catered, I think my friend only had a microwave at his place and a mini fridge. You'll need either a bike or a bus pass if you go catered as they're all at least 30-40 mins walk.

why no go to carnatic?
Original post by sconter
why no go to carnatic?

It's renowned as the craphole. I haven't been there though, it's got so bad that I heard they have to redo some of the building apparently. Although I haven't been there so I don't know, but from people who have been there that's what they've said. I recommend visiting the place if you haven't already.
Reply 550
Original post by jam277

Ok thank you! 30-40 minutes I was thinking one of the great things about uni is waking up like 10 minutes before a lecture... clearly not
Kind of regretting my choice now haha
Original post by Soph(:
Ok thank you! 30-40 minutes I was thinking one of the great things about uni is waking up like 10 minutes before a lecture... clearly not
Kind of regretting my choice now haha

You'll get used to it. The waking 10 mins before a lecture thing doesn't even work for me, It only works if I have labs as I lose up to 20 percent of the whole module if I'm late but otherwise I just go to sleep. What course are you planning on doing btw?
Reply 552
Original post by jam277
You'll get used to it. The waking 10 mins before a lecture thing doesn't even work for me, It only works if I have labs as I lose up to 20 percent of the whole module if I'm late but otherwise I just go to sleep. What course are you planning on doing btw?

Oh ok fair enough. Spanish and French hopefully you?
Original post by Soph(:
Oh ok fair enough. Spanish and French hopefully you?

Biochemistry. You'll like liverpool though, if you get good accommodation, you'll like the place you're living in, there's lots of bars and stuff near the halls and it's much easier to socialize there. Plus the city's pretty good as well and you can just go out on a weekday without anyone wondering where you've gone. Making friends in uni is pretty easy tbh. I thought I wouldn't make many friends, but I have quite a lot of good mates who I talk to.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 554
Original post by jam277
Biochemistry. You'll like liverpool though, if you get good accommodation, you'll like the place you're living in, there's lots of bars and stuff near the halls and it's much easier to socialize there. Plus the city's pretty good as well and you can just go out on a weekday without anyone wondering where you've gone. Making friends in uni is pretty easy tbh. I thought I wouldn't make many friends, but I have quite a lot of good mates who I talk to.

Ah good! Thank you for all the info :smile:
Well, I was thinking private accomodation. I am really trying to avoid uni accomodation. I've found some great deals online from this Liverpool Student Houses, rent a room around £40 a week plus bills. Almost sounds too good to be true :smile: They want ABB, to include chem and bio. I think I can manage it.
Anyway, nice to meet you, potential "classmate". So, how about you- accomodation and offer?
Just firmed Liverpool for Law, finally! Bit worried about accommodation because it's first come, first served and I've not even applied yet? :s-smilie:
Reply 557
So I've just received an unconditional offer from Liverpool today which is good news however I'm kind of stuck on where to apply for accommodation.

If I want to be self-catered, en-suite, and in a location where people are fairly sociable is Derby and Rathbone a good one to choose?

I was thinking of applying for Prospect Point or Vine Court as well but I heard they're mainly aimed at postgraduates and international students which isn't bad but I don't want to go through the same experience I had this year.

If anyone can answer me that would be great :smile:
Reply 558
Original post by Fumi
So I've just received an unconditional offer from Liverpool today which is good news however I'm kind of stuck on where to apply for accommodation.

If I want to be self-catered, en-suite, and in a location where people are fairly sociable is Derby and Rathbone a good one to choose?

I was thinking of applying for Prospect Point or Vine Court as well but I heard they're mainly aimed at postgraduates and international students which isn't bad but I don't want to go through the same experience I had this year.

If anyone can answer me that would be great :smile:

if you want to be ensuite and uncatered, then yea d&r would prob be best.

but as it's 1st come 1st serve i really doubt u'll get it even though you are unconditional.
Reply 559
Original post by sshah210
Inoinoo like half an hour bus but il rather stay there after all the bad stuff i've heardd ahaa, its probably all lies i've heard but it put me off, it'll be worth it to have a better time i think :smile: prospect points still my third option thoo x

I think it was a good decision to swap to D&R. The bus is 15 mins, at peek times the bus queue at Greenbank can be bad but it's never extraordinarily long. And there are plans to have buses that start at Greenbank in the very near future to stop the problem altogether. (the issue is that the buses currently start at Carnatic and by the time they get to Greenbank they're mostly full). I really feel that the 15 minute bus journey is MORE than worth it for the student experience you get. There have been people in the last few months moving from on-campus halls (self-catered, en-suite) into Rankin where I live (catered and sharing bathrooms!), just because they couldn't hack staying on campus anymore. A guy in my practical skills group has just moved out of his room in prospect point and into his girlfriends flat because he was living with 4 Chinese girls who never left their rooms.

I don't doubt people do enjoy their time in on-campus halls, it depends what you want from your halls experience. But in my opinion you miss out on a lot by not being at either Greenbank or Carnatic.

If anyone has any qs about accomm or liverpool as a city then feel free to ask!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending