The Student Room Group

Best Universities in London for Dentistry?

^Title says it all
Reply 1
Well there are only two to choose from for undergraduates, King's and Barts/QMUL.
I really want to get into Kings. But which one is easier to get in to?
Reply 3
Original post by hopingtobeadentist
I really want to get into Kings. But which one is easier to get in to?

You're in year 10, concentrate on your GCSEs first. :smile: The admissions policy could change in 2 years time.
The 'easier' one to get into depends on how you fit their criteria i.e. if you have a high UCAS tariff score and UKCAT 600+ then you have a good chance of getting invited to Barts, whereas if you have both high GCSEs and UKCAT then you have a high chance of getting invited for an interview at KCL.
At this moment in time, I think you should just focus on getting good GCSEs and maybe start doing some voluntary work and/or work experience. There isn't an easier dental school to get into, neither is there a 'best' one.
Getting into dental school isn't just about the grades as you'll sool come to realise whilst reading the stats in here as well as admissions policies of universities, now is the time for you to start working on the voluntary work and extra-curriculcar aspect of the application. During your AS, organise some dental related work experience. Good luck and all the best. :smile:
Yeh that's the thing, I get what you're trying to say but I know Kings look at GCSE's aswell, that's why I want to know from know so I can try extra hard in GCSE's.
Reply 5
Yeh that's the thing, I get what you're trying to say but I know Kings look at GCSE's aswell, that's why I want to know from know so I can try extra hard in GCSE's.

You should be trying your best anyway regardless of knowing whether or not KCL or other universities place a huge emphasis on GCSE grades. Sit your GCSEs first and see what you get, it's hard when AS students post these types of questions since we don't know their predicted grades for A2, most haven't done work experience yet, and won't have the sat the UKCAT ... so you can imagine how difficult it is to give you in particular advice because you haven't even sat your GCSEs yet. Concentrate on doing the best you can, the minimum entry requirements for entry are on the university webpages, A2 expected/obtained grades are more important. You will need to do Chemistry, Biology and any 3rd A2 subject (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking). Like I said, concentrate on your GCSEs for now, try your best and see what you get at the end ... then you can start posting threads like this on TSR. :smile:
Thanks :smile: what are the a2 subjects I can choose for the 3rd?
Reply 7
Thanks :smile: what are the a2 subjects I can choose for the 3rd?

ANYTHING that you think you will enjoy (excluding general studies and critical thinking) and feel you can easily get an A in.
And no, Maths is not compulsory and neither will you be at an disadvantage if you don't take it. :smile:
ahhhhh THANK GOD! thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest