The Student Room Group

Angles

Angles.JPG

Also please provide a reason.
Original post by zed963
Angles.JPG

Also please provide a reason.

Can you find an F in there (upside down, rotated, it doesn't matter)? Remember that the 'bars' of the F need to be parallel.
Reply 2
Original post by Topmanfaz
Can you find an F in there (upside down, rotated, it doesn't matter)? Remember that the 'bars' of the F need to be parallel.

Yeah so are you saying that parallel lines have to be the same so whatever angle is at the top it also has to be the same angle at the bottom.
Original post by zed963
Yeah so are you saying that parallel lines have to be the same so whatever angle is at the top it also has to be the same angle at the bottom.

Yeah but only if they are enclosed within the F. Draw an F over the triangle, spot the angle it encloses and then get the other angle (which will be equal). From there, you can work out x.
Original post by zed963

Yes :smile:
Reply 5
You should know about angles that are

Corresponding
Alternate
Vertically Opposite
Supplementary
Reply 6
So x = 43
In the new GCSE specifications, stating F angle and Z angle will attract no marks.
Reply 8
Original post by Mr M
In the new GCSE specifications, stating F angle and Z angle will attract no marks.

So what if you said parallel line corresponding angles.
Original post by zed963
So what if you said parallel line corresponding angles.

That's the language they are after.
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M
That's the language they are after.

So x=43 right
Ah yeah good point Mr M.

Note zed;

F - angles: corresponding angles
Z - angles: alternate angles
C - angles: supplementary angles.
... and X - vertically opposite angles.
Original post by zed963
So x=43 right

yes
No new topics but a few have been taken out. You don't need to know dimensions theory or time series and moving averages.

Specification is here:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE2010/Content_Exemplification_A.pdf
Original post by Mr M

By "New Specification", do you mean for courses starting September 2011 or September 2012 onwards?

So I started the GCSE course in sep 2011, so will the "new specification" apply to me?
Original post by ThatPerson
By "New Specification", do you mean for courses starting September 2011 or September 2012 onwards?

So I started the GCSE course in sep 2011, so will the "new specification" apply to me?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest