Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Would you rather earn your money or get handouts? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you rather earn your money or be given it with no effort?
    Earn money (Same amount)
    75.61%
    Get money with no effort (Same amount)
    24.39%

ReputationRep:
    Earn it. I enjoy the job I have, I'd get bored doing nothing, and I like to have something to work for. I would also feel somewhat guilty about getting handouts for nothing, I even feel guilty about scavving lifts off people at the moment, as I cannot drive yet!!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely earn it. I have to keep myself busy, and would rather get paid to do something that get paid for sitting around and doing nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I would much rather earn my money, it gives you a feeling of self worth

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much and what job it was. If I had to bust my balls for minimum wage I'd take the handouts

Also, I like earning money... But I also like handouts. Which one is better? Only one way to find out... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    Earn it damn it!

Someone has to fund it and I don't want to sponge off others any more than I possibly can.
    It is also much more satisfying to earn something than to just receive it.

<3 x
    So what would you do if you won the lottery?

ReputationRep:
    Earn. I'm not sure about others, but for me the satisfaction of buying something with money I've worked for beats getting something for free. I suppose it feels like somewhat of an achievement.

ReputationRep:
    When I played the Sims I got really bored when I cheated and gave myself lots of money, but I kept playing when I made them earn their wage and gradually improve the house.

I think that's what would happen with my life.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather earn it, but if there was only a choice between earning but not getting work, and getting money and not earning it. I would choose the latter. You have to eat; you do what you do to survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    So what would you do if you won the lottery?
    Winning the lottery has nothing to do with the OP's question.

<3 x

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.