The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel unit 3 - Contested planet - HOW TO REVISE?

I have the Edexcel A2 unit 3 Contested planet exam this januart(or febuary) and i am haveing a really hard time revising, How should i revise? While i am reading the textbook most of the things are common sense -

how do you do it?
Reply 1
dw found a way :smile:
Reply 2
hey im having the same troubles as you, have the exam on the 25th of january and i have absolutely no clue on what im suppose to be learning. I know that the pre release is on energy security, and there are 5 other topics, of which we need to answer 2 essays in 2 topics. But what the hell do i need to learn???
thanks
Reply 3
Hey :smile:
Well, I'm planning on making more notes on each chapter splitting them up into the 3 sections (keeping crucial info only)
And then summarising the case studies = half an a4 page on each/the ones I want to study and perhaps 4/5 in depth ones that apply to all the units you decide to study..
Then, reading through notes as much as possible and planning the past exam qs answers
For the Synoptic Paper, if you type it in to the student room there is a really good thread that might help..
Hope I've helped a little!
Good Luck!
how do we do this exam?!!?? I know there are like 6 topics, but do we revise for all of them, or just a few. I know we have the pre release and so we have to revise for that one??
Reply 5
Original post by no1premierXI
how do we do this exam?!!?? I know there are like 6 topics, but do we revise for all of them, or just a few. I know we have the pre release and so we have to revise for that one??

DEFINITELY revise the pre release chapter (water conflicts yeah?). Section B will definitely have questions about water conflicts, focusing on the pre release.

Section A gives you a choice between the 5 remaining topics, in which you answer one question (with two parts).

I think im gonna revise like 3 of the 5 others tbh, but ill see how it goes.

Good luck :smile:
do u have to know any case studies for the pre-release topic or do we just use the info on the pre release. For the other topics do we have to know case studies and stuff and like graphs and stuff??
Reply 7
do u have to know any case studies for the pre-release topic or do we just use the info on the pre release. For the other topics do we have to know case studies and stuff and like graphs and stuff??

By the way, this thread is over a year old lol!

You might be better posting questions etc. in this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37429661&highlight=geography%20edexcel%20contested%20planet

But no i would not just revise the prerelease for the water conflict chapter. You still need to learn the theory behind it and other case studies too, to show you know others and can show how these conflicts are happening all over the world, not just on Asia's great rivers.

For the other topics I reccomend learning case studies and theory strongly for at least 3 and then maybe quickly going over the other two so you can link them in if you need to, or maybe an easy question will pop up on them that you can answer really well.

The graphs - throughout the textbook? You don't need to learn particularly, just know some trends and maybe remember a few key statistics eg. North Sea gas production is declining.... UK uses gas for 38% of electricity production...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
x

HANG ON!!

Really sorry about this but I was wrong! :/

You answer 2 questions from section A... Check out some past papers anyway and read the instructions. You'll understand if you haven't already realized.

Sorry again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending