The Student Room Group

9/11 Terrorist's sentences - What would you do?

This poll is closed

What sentence would you chose out of the below?

Death 30%
Life In Prison 23%
Life in Prison in solitary confinement 40%
Other7%
Total votes: 149
Hey guys;

I was just thinking but, if you could decide on the sentence on the sentence of the 9/11 bombers, which sentence would you give and why? I know there will be many differing views but, I would now like to offer my opinion in what should happen to the people responsible for the deaths of over 3,000.

I personally say life in prison, the death sentence on people like these will simply turn them into martyrs and thereby push the cause of others to either promote such rogue and quite frankly, monstrous actions. Also, as to make sure they do not get murdered in prison, sentence them all to solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.
Also, TO HELL WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS CRAP the EU seems to just hand out. Even though they are being tried in the US.

What about you guys?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Let them actually get a fair trial in a proper Shariah court, than a court where they're likely going to get pinned.
Original post by Perseveranze
Let them actually get a fair trial in a proper Shariah court, than a court where they're likely going to get pinned.

What do you mean?
Solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.
Reply 4
Full life torture, daily anal probing with a cactus and extreme ball clampage

I'm deadly serious
Fair trial please.
If found guilty then Life imprisonment in solitary confiment...for life!
Also, I don't think they'd be able to sentence them life in solitary confinement. The longest sentence in solitary confinement so far is like 45 years (but he still has life in prison). If anything it'll be x years in solitary confinement then the rest is life.

No. That's completely unfair on the victims and their families.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey guys;

I was just thinking but, if you could decide on the sentence on the sentence of the 9/11 bombers, which sentence would you give any why? I know there will be many differing views but, I would now like to offer my opinion in what should happen to the people responsible for the deaths of over 3,000.

I personally say life in prison, the death sentence on people like these will simply turn them into martyrs and thereby push the cause of others to either promote such rogue and quite frankly, monstrous actions. Also, as to make sure they do not get murdered in prison, sentence them all to solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.
Also, TO HELL WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS CRAP the EU seems to just hand out. Even though they are being tried in the US.

What about you guys?

Let them go free. They were following their beliefs.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.

This.
If those monsters were willing to kill themselves then the death sentence would be an easy way out.
They should either be killed or they could be kept in solitary confinement as long as someone urinates on them daily.
Reply 11
looks like bush, blair, cia and the mossad boys are all up for solitary + life then.
Reply 12
Life in solitary makes the most sense.
Reply 13

How is trying Muslims in a Muslim court going to produce a fair result? I agree trying them in a military court is wrong but the answer is not trying them in a court which will be just as bias alibeit in a different way
Reply 14
A shariah court is just as bad as a military court. Any fool can see that.
The best would be to have them tried at the Hague, but somehow, that seems almost impossible because they are not war criminals, just terrorists no matter how bad their terrorism was.

It appears therefor that the only soloution is to have them tried in America, in a proper court, just like any other criminal. There will be so many witnesses and international observers that any slip up will be noticed. Besides, I'm pretty sure there is a stack of infomation against them, so why cheat?
Original post by Zyyz
Full life torture, daily anal probing with a cactus and extreme ball clampage

I'm deadly serious
How ironic.
I think the American Government should be punished with life imprisonment for 9/11.
Have you ever seen the movie 'law abiding citizen'?

I would let someone like Gerard Butler character have fun with them and repay a little of the pain the caused.
Reply 18
Give them 70 virgins.

fair trial? In a muslim court? Of a muslim man/coward/scumbag? about supposedly "holy actions"

Yeah lets see if they works

Original post by Transcendence
Let them go free. They were following their beliefs.

The people they killed didnt have those beliefs though.

Anyway life in solitary - a nice long slow descent into madness. Fairly fitting punishment. dont kill them, that gives them what they want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending