The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by MadzieMoo
It was really good- there were a few taster sessions which reminded me why I wanted to do the course! I got a bit frustrated at the beginning with 'why you should choose MMU' but once we actually got down to it it was great :smile:

Cool, did anything specific stand out as good or bad?

Can't wait to start now, really looking forward to it.
Reply 4241
Original post by HollyBear
I did try this initially at first as felt the tutors may be able to understand my unfortunate position but recognise my exp and want to do the degree but found I was getting through to people at say admission central who weren't interested and would just explain they were full... After this I emailed all UNis, explaining my situation etc with the hope it may get to the right person .. I had two useful replies ( Cardiff and Manc ) others didn't reply and the rest were again a person at admissions...

I agree with what ur saying tho ucas doesn allow for 'real person ' to shine thru. what u think ? Ring all again ? After ppl advice think going to contact them all again anyway and see if they have waiting lists ... Kinda like you saud cutting out middle man . Thank u for ur reply :smile: xxx

Why don't you call the unis and ask to speak to the SLT course administrator/office - I'm sure they would give you the contact details for the SLT in charge of admissions for the course. I am sure they would be more helpful than the unis general admissions department.
Reply 4242
Firmed DMU !! is anyonelse here firmed DMU ?
Anyone at/been/going to city Uni in London? Xx
Reply 4244
Has anyone else firmed Strathclyde? or still only 3 of us haha? X
Original post by dapto1
Cool, did anything specific stand out as good or bad?

Can't wait to start now, really looking forward to it.

The phonetic alphabet session was interesting. The only bad thing was the building is quite run down. I can't wait to start too as long as I get the grades!
Reply 4246
Original post by Fi90
Has anyone else firmed Strathclyde? or still only 3 of us haha? X

Haha I've still not found anyone else! One of the girls from the info session added me on Facebook though, so that's 4 ! What did you think of the info day? Were you sitting next to (who I think was!) Adam?
Reply 4247
Original post by Rhonaa
Haha I've still not found anyone else! One of the girls from the info session added me on Facebook though, so that's 4 ! What did you think of the info day? Were you sitting next to (who I think was!) Adam?

Haha cool, I thought it was allright yeah, i kinda knee everything he was talking about though so it was probably better for school leavers! How did you find it? Yeah! Didnt realise til afterwords it was him that had been on here chatting, where abouts were you sitting?
Reply 4248
Original post by Fi90
Haha cool, I thought it was allright yeah, i kinda knee everything he was talking about though so it was probably better for school leavers! How did you find it? Yeah! Didnt realise til afterwords it was him that had been on here chatting, where abouts were you sitting?

Yeah I think it was more geared to school leavers, or even people who aren't from Glasgow. Was nice to meet some people though, so there'll be a few familiar faces in September. I was sitting like directly opposite you! On the other side of the middle table, I came in with my Mum. Wish it would just hurry up and be Sept!
Reply 4249
Original post by Rhonaa
Yeah I think it was more geared to school leavers, or even people who aren't from Glasgow. Was nice to meet some people though, so there'll be a few familiar faces in September. I was sitting like directly opposite you! On the other side of the middle table, I came in with my Mum. Wish it would just hurry up and be Sept!

Yeah it was good to meet some people, especially as we'll be 'mature students' and won't know anyone from school! Ah cool! I know i can't wait, I wish would get more info and reading lists before august, the waiting is killing me haha! I won't be saying that once we've started though probably :tongue: x
Reply 4250
Original post by Fi90
Yeah it was good to meet some people, especially as we'll be 'mature students' and won't know anyone from school! Ah cool! I know i can't wait, I wish would get more info and reading lists before august, the waiting is killing me haha! I won't be saying that once we've started though probably :tongue: x

Haha can't believe I'm supposedly 'mature'! =( I know, I'd like the reading lists sooner than that, don't see why they can't give those that have accepted their offers them! I know, I think it's gonna be such hard work! Have you tried to apply for your SAAS yet? I got a letter from them saying they couldn't process my application because the uni hadn't sent them the term dates yet? I've emailed the SLT department but no reply!
Reply 4251
Original post by Rhonaa
Haha can't believe I'm supposedly 'mature'! =( I know, I'd like the reading lists sooner than that, don't see why they can't give those that have accepted their offers them! I know, I think it's gonna be such hard work! Have you tried to apply for your SAAS yet? I got a letter from them saying they couldn't process my application because the uni hadn't sent them the term dates yet? I've emailed the SLT department but no reply!

I know me too, I look younger than the school leavers haha! Me too, I wish we could just get them now. It really will be! Yeah I got the same letter from saas, I don't know how long it will take them to process them. I want to know what I'll getting! At the open day the lady didn't seem to realise that people had accepted the course already x
Reply 4252
Original post by Fi90
I know me too, I look younger than the school leavers haha! Me too, I wish we could just get them now. It really will be! Yeah I got the same letter from saas, I don't know how long it will take them to process them. I want to know what I'll getting! At the open day the lady didn't seem to realise that people had accepted the course already x

Haha I know! One of the men I work with at a stroke group told me last week he thought I was 15! At least we can just pretend we're not mature! Did you email the uni at all? I might just phone SAAS actually. I'm thinking of emailing that woman that took the info day and seeing if she could send me the reading list earlier, or even just a few suggestions.
Reply 4253
Original post by Rhonaa
Haha I know! One of the men I work with at a stroke group told me last week he thought I was 15! At least we can just pretend we're not mature! Did you email the uni at all? I might just phone SAAS actually. I'm thinking of emailing that woman that took the info day and seeing if she could send me the reading list earlier, or even just a few suggestions.

Haha! I haven't emailed the uni yet. Yeah thats a good idea, worth a try anyway!!
Reply 4254
Original post by Fi90
Haha! I haven't emailed the uni yet. Yeah thats a good idea, worth a try anyway!!

I'll let you know what she says =) Am I right in thinking we don't go out on placement til Easter of first year? I thought we went out one day a week in the autumn or have they changed it?
Reply 4255
Original post by HollyBear
Anyone at/been/going to city Uni in London? Xx

Hi, I've firmed City Uni, London. Still can't quite bring myself to believe I've got a place.
Reply 4256
Original post by Rhonaa
I'll let you know what she says =) Am I right in thinking we don't go out on placement til Easter of first year? I thought we went out one day a week in the autumn or have they changed it?

Thanks! Yeah in pretty sure thats what she said, im
sure she said it's a block placement? I thought we done that as well so maybe they have changed it x
Reply 4257
anyone going to DMU ?
Has anybody recieved anything from NHS bursaries yet? My friend doing physiotherapy elsewhere has been invited to apply, so we should be pretty soon hopefully :smile:
Reply 4259
Original post by juliewho
Has anybody recieved anything from NHS bursaries yet? My friend doing physiotherapy elsewhere has been invited to apply, so we should be pretty soon hopefully :smile:

OOh that's exciting! I haven't heard anything yet but I just wanna get it out the way!

Quick Reply

Latest