The Student Room Group

IGCSE English First Languagee

hellloo~ can anyone please help me with the igcse exam?
i've registered as a private candidate and i don't have any tutor whatsoever.... :frown:
Dunno why are you doing an exam without any tutor....No student can pass an exam comfortably without a tutor..
Reply 2
there're not much igcse first language tutor in my area... but i go to an international school - but it follows the american curriculum so yeah. do you have any tips or anything that might help me boost up my grade? thxxx
Original post by apisara
there're not much igcse first language tutor in my area... but i go to an international school - but it follows the american curriculum so yeah. do you have any tips or anything that might help me boost up my grade? thxxx

Sorry I don't have.
Even with the best tutor that's supposed to be hard.
sure, i'm sitting that exam too. thursday right? ask questions away and i'll try my best to answer :smile:
Reply 5
yeppp. thank goddd!!!
how are you preparing for it anyway?
Original post by apisara
yeppp. thank goddd!!!
how are you preparing for it anyway?

i'm just going to go over past papers and go over my technique, ways to write different pieces of transformative writing etc.
Reply 7
lol, i guess there's not much to review for. well, i wish you the best of luckk tmr! :biggrin:
A* !!! (if i even stand a chance of getting an A) lmaoo.
What chance is there me getting above a c if i got a 19 marks in the speacking and listenig which is a high c. igcse is an extra in my school as i got a B in the aqa gcse english and if i do better in the igcse it will replace my aqa one but heared you can only get up to a c in both papees of the igcse
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
sure, i'm sitting that exam too. thursday right? ask questions away and i'll try my best to answer :smile:

What are "your" techniques in writing a newspaper article?
Reply 10
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What are "your" techniques in writing a newspaper article?

Discussion much?
Original post by Mazzini
Discussion much?

What does that suppose to mean?
Reply 12
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What does that suppose to mean?

Read this. You're not supposed to discuss exam papers until 24 hours after the exam because that paper is sat by many students across the world.
Original post by Mazzini
Read this. You're not supposed to discuss exam papers until 24 hours after the exam because that paper is sat by many students across the world.

What does this suppose to mean???
When is the exam???? Did i miss it?
Re: StUdEnTIGCSE
The exam was held today and supposing you read what Mazzini posted, everyone is NOT supposed to talk about anything related to the exam until 24 hours after the exam is taken.
Original post by anniechan514
Re: StUdEnTIGCSE
The exam was held today and supposing you read what Mazzini posted, everyone is NOT supposed to talk about anything related to the exam until 24 hours after the exam is taken.

I guess this is the wrong exam.. Sorry :redface:

Quick Reply