The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone predict what topics will come up on the May one? :smile:
Original post by ApolloJordie
Can anyone predict what topics will come up on the May one? :smile:

The only paper I have done so far is the Jan 2012 one, but the heart stuff wasn't in that so could come up?
Original post by Cyber123
Can someone help me with a question on the January 2009 paper
1)a)iii) Calculate the actual length of structure C. Show your working and give your answer in micrometers. The answer is 3.75 but don't understand why.
If someone can explain this it'll be very helpful, thanks. :smile:

Your answer might be different to the actual answer if you printed the paper A5 size....

Measure the line which says 20 micrometres with your ruler
find out how many mm it is and convert to micrometres

so you know that the image size is what you worked out = x micrometres

divide this by the actual size which is 20micrometres

so x/20

to get the magnification...

Have you done that first?
Reply 43
Original post by Lalaa
Heard Jan 12 paper was killer! hope our paper is better! Biology unit1 is harder then A2!

Got to agree lool!
Reply 44
can someone give me some tips onto how to at least get a D in this exam? i got a U in my f212 unit and i do revise alot but i just dont know where im going wrong? help ive got a week left x
Original post by aisha302
can someone give me some tips onto how to at least get a D in this exam? i got a U in my f212 unit and i do revise alot but i just dont know where im going wrong? help ive got a week left x

Did you do all the past papers for F212?
Make notes? get someone to test you on every section, revising with a friend always helps :smile:
Reply 46
Thank you. & i did do all the past papers but i have no idea where i went wrong.
Reply 47
EDIT: Oh Looks like someone explained it
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by itsmehello
Your answer might be different to the actual answer if you printed the paper A5 size....

Measure the line which says 20 micrometres with your ruler
find out how many mm it is and convert to micrometres

so you know that the image size is what you worked out = x micrometres

divide this by the actual size which is 20micrometres

so x/20

to get the magnification...

Have you done that first?

Thank you so much I understand it now, my mistake was printing it out in A5 :biggrin:
Reply 49
Not looking forward to this exam!
It's on the first day of my study leave which is a bummer too..

How do others do their revision for this type of subject? Is it just rote notes/mindmaps/papers?

Currently trying the Jan 2012 paper; our sixth form decided not to do it then for some reason so I have F211 and F212 to do...
Reply 50
Original post by sherace
:eek: I'm in super panic mode. I thought I was ready for the January 12 exam, but ended up with a C grade. I just don't want my life to be a mediocre faaaiiill :unimpressed: :stupido:

heya same here D:
so stressful nowwwww!!!!
i cant really finish all the revision until the exam date ><
Original post by itsmehello
The only paper I have done so far is the Jan 2012 one, but the heart stuff wasn't in that so could come up?

Ahh okay thanks :smile: i really hope the heamoglobin stuff doesnt come up, i hate it! :frown:
Reply 52
Original post by ApolloJordie
Ahh okay thanks :smile: i really hope the heamoglobin stuff doesnt come up, i hate it! :frown:

By that you mean the partial pressure with affinity and loading etc?

I thought that was quite easy, just a matter of learning it? :confused:
Reply 53
Original post by sumsum123
Got to agree lool!

U retakingg?

i think loads of heart stuff, cellular , transpiration and red blood cells/neutrophils/spermcell will come up... bigg topics!
Reply 54
Original post by Lalaa
U retakingg?

i think loads of heart stuff, cellular , transpiration and red blood cells/neutrophils/spermcell will come up... bigg topics!

Yup I am retaking :tongue: , took this exam back in jan 2011. I really hope a lot of heart stuff comes up and transpiration seems good too. Just hope it is not going to be too hard "/ .
Reply 55
i am retaking this exam. I got one mark off an A, silly to retake i know, but i really need the grades to get into uni. The january exam was evil!!!

Hope this ones better! Would be hard to be worse :/

Good luck to everyone!!

:smile:
Reply 56
Hey guys, I was wondering if revising using the cgp book only would be enough, what do you think?
Reply 57
I use the cgp guide. It is really useful, although i wouldnt recommend using it as lone revision.
Reply 58
Oh okay thanks, it's just that I am resitting and so only have the cgp book, I guess I should ask my school if I can borrow a textbook.
Reply 59
Yeah. Im resitting too. The revision guide is very useful :smile: I would recommend a text book though. Every little helps :smile:

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending