The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frey
:colondollar:

I will consult it with an offering of toast at sunrise :h:

Dude...I kicked my procrastination-monster in his metaphorical crotch today... I have finished translating 'Trojan Women' :pierre:

How was your day? :rolleyes:

I think that the oracle desires more than toast, but it's a start...:pierre:

Oh, wonderful to hear so. How long is 'Trojan Women'? Well done. :woo:

Mine was fine, I have to start work tomorrow so that's brought my bedtime forward by two hours. :colondollar: My books came from Amazon today...I watched a film, played some football and now I'm just making some notes on Matthew Arnold. Scintillating stuff. :tongue: Yourself?
Original post by Frey
yeah totally.. only for nerds... :cool:

(I have an unconditional offer :teehee:... I'm sitting an exam in my gap year though which is in like 2 weeks :ashamed: )

yayyyyyyyy! can't wait!
What have you been up to this year then? :smile:
It's so weird... for me it's just two weeks until our last day of school ever (and two weeks until my first exam haha but I'm trying to forget about that!). I guess it won't be long until this thread turns into angsting about results day :tongue: (unless you have an unconditional!)
Original post by emmaaa88
It's so weird... for me it's just two weeks until our last day of school ever (and two weeks until my first exam haha but I'm trying to forget about that!). I guess it won't be long until this thread turns into angsting about results day :tongue: (unless you have an unconditional!)

Agreed. I for one will be participating in said angst, especially the way school is going at the moment :s-smilie:. Can't decide whether it's more stressful now, with everyone going mental at school, or during the summer, when I'll have little to do but think about results all day...

My first exam is the morning after we get study leave, so I got virtually no study leave too :frown:

But then because of the week long holiday in June, my next exam is on the 12th :laugh: it's so weird...

...and then I have another exam on the 14th, which will not be fun :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1624
Original post by fluteflute
What have you been up to this year then? :smile:

traveling/archaeology work :h:
Reply 1625
Original post by emmaaa88
x

Original post by Niki_girl
x

I'm sure you girls will be absolutely fine :hugs:
Reply 1626
Original post by KingMessi
I think that the oracle desires more than toast, but it's a start...:pierre:

Oh, wonderful to hear so. How long is 'Trojan Women'? Well done. :woo:

Mine was fine, I have to start work tomorrow so that's brought my bedtime forward by two hours. :colondollar: My books came from Amazon today...I watched a film, played some football and now I'm just making some notes on Matthew Arnold. Scintillating stuff. :tongue: Yourself?

Toast with marmalade? :colondollar:

Too long......:s-smilie: (average play length?....maybe a bit longer.. I dunno haha)

I have work tomorrow morning so early bedtime tonight for me :rolleyes:
sounds all good!

Uhhhhh, did Greek stuff, went out for cake and coffee with one of my old teachers :colondollar: and had a lot hot soak... my muscles are all stiff already.. I'll soon have the body of an 89 year old....
Reply 1627
Original post by Niki_girl
Agreed. I for one will be participating in said angst, especially the way school is going at the moment :s-smilie:. Can't decide whether it's more stressful now, with everyone going mental at school, or during the summer, when I'll have little to do but think about results all day...

My first exam is the morning after we get study leave, so I got virtually no study leave too :frown:

But then because of the week long holiday in June, my next exam is on the 12th :laugh: it's so weird...

...and then I have another exam on the 14th, which will not be fun :frown::frown::frown:

We finished school the other week. :smile: It was mad. I painted ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE on the common room wall, with a picture of a petrified cat at the bottom...

I had to go in for books today tho, and someone had painted over it with white paint. :frown: What I don't get tho is they left the massive cartoon penis on the side of the room alone...

such is life!
Original post by Frey
Toast with marmalade? :colondollar:

Too long......:s-smilie: (average play length?....maybe a bit longer.. I dunno haha)

I have work tomorrow morning so early bedtime tonight for me :rolleyes:
sounds all good!

Uhhhhh, did Greek stuff, went out for cake and coffee with one of my old teachers :colondollar: and had a lot hot soak... my muscles are all stiff already.. I'll soon have the body of an 89 year old....

The Oracle doesn't care for marmalade. :pierre:

Oh, it's a play? I really should've known that...:ashamed: :getmecoat: That's not too bad, even if plays are generally (in my experience) a bit harder to deal with than novels.

Oh, well, likewise for me. I need to be soundly asleep by ten as they don't look kindly upon lateness. :erm: You've probably told me but I've forgotten - where are you working?

Sounds like a fairly quiet day...ahaha, you need to do Yoga or Pilates or something designed to improve agility, etc...:tongue:
My schools' end of year pranks has descended into slut-shaming, targeting and just plain bullying of the years below us.

Genuinely thought some people were better than that - it's not a bit of fun at all, it's got really nasty and horrible. I feel really awful about it because, predictably, the years below are taking it badly and are planning to target the night out we have planned & booked in a local bar.

Can't wait to leave this school and never look back. :colonhash:
Reply 1630
The Oracle doesn't care for marmalade. :pierre:

Oh, it's a play? I really should've known that...:ashamed: :getmecoat: That's not too bad, even if plays are generally (in my experience) a bit harder to deal with than novels.

Oh, well, likewise for me. I need to be soundly asleep by ten as they don't look kindly upon lateness. :erm: You've probably told me but I've forgotten - where are you working?

Sounds like a fairly quiet day...ahaha, you need to do Yoga or Pilates or something designed to improve agility, etc...:tongue:

strawberry jam? :colondollar:

well.. a play is meant to be seen/ heard... so being given neither of those is pretty hard going haha

I do some yoga already :biggrin:DD I dunno, think it's stress.. I seize up and tuck inside my shell like a tortoise when I'm nervous :'(

yeah, I'm off to bed in the next 15 mins :tongue: I work in a deli.. FREE NOMMY FOOD!
Reply 1631
Original post by medbh4805
My schools' end of year pranks has descended into slut-shaming, targeting and just plain bullying of the years below us.

Genuinely thought some people were better than that - it's not a bit of fun at all, it's got really nasty and horrible. I feel really awful about it because, predictably, the years below are taking it badly and are planning to target the night out we have planned & booked in a local bar.

Can't wait to leave this school and never look back. :colonhash:

oh dear. (don't take this the wrong way, but is it by any chance an all girls school? My friend had a similar experience with the end of term..)

just take it in your stride. x

(couldn't wait too, have I changed my mind since leaving? no)
Original post by Frey
oh dear. (don't take this the wrong way, but is it by any chance an all girls school? My friend had a similar experience with the end of term..)

just take it in your stride. x

(couldn't wait too, have I changed my mind since leaving? no)

Yes is it lol.

The worst thing is that no one seems to have any perspective, as in, why putting a poster up in the common room with someone's photo on it saying 'Have you seen this slut?' isn't something most people find funny unless they're about 13 years old and live in the Mean Girls universe.

I really find it hard to believe. These are educated, intelligent women, almost all of whom are going to university next year. I genuinely thought most people had grown out of this sort of crap.

everyone is getting ridiculously emotional about getting the leavers' hoodies/watching our formal DVD on the last day, etc. I was getting into it, but now I feel kinda repulsed after what I've seen some people writing on facebook, twitter etc. I almost don't want to go in at all :emo:

I genuinely feel ashamed of my school.
Original post by Frey
strawberry jam? :colondollar:

well.. a play is meant to be seen/ heard... so being given neither of those is pretty hard going haha

I do some yoga already :biggrin:DD I dunno, think it's stress.. I seize up and tuck inside my shell like a tortoise when I'm nervous :'(

yeah, I'm off to bed in the next 15 mins :tongue: I work in a deli.. FREE NOMMY FOOD!

No. It cares not for any type of jam, nor for strawberries. :tongue:

That's very true. I remember just reading some Shakespeare for my interviews; obviously it was interesting and very good from an analytical perspective, but it wasn't the easiest thing that I've ever read - which I suppose is partially the point.

Oh, you do? Is it any good? Perhaps - although what would be stressing you?

Fair enough; likewise. Oh, that's lucky...I envy you...:colondollar:
Yes is it lol.

The worst thing is that no one seems to have any perspective, as in, why putting a poster up in the common room with someone's photo on it saying 'Have you seen this slut?' isn't something most people find funny unless they're about 13 years old and live in the Mean Girls universe.

I really find it hard to believe. These are educated, intelligent women, almost all of whom are going to university next year. I genuinely thought most people had grown out of this sort of crap.

everyone is getting ridiculously emotional about getting the leavers' hoodies/watching our formal DVD on the last day, etc. I was getting into it, but now I feel kinda repulsed after what I've seen some people writing on facebook, twitter etc. I almost don't want to go in at all :emo:

Sorry to interject, but I can totally sympathise with what you think...one would have thought that by the age of fifteen, there's minimal comedic value in calling someone a 'slut' - most of the time, it's untrue, and if it is, it's hardly the sort of thing one wants to bandy about. Ah well - you'll be shot of it in a month or so, I guess.

How many more days do you have left?
Reply 1635
Yes is it lol.

Just, with my experience (a couple of friends that go to all girls schools), the bitchiness seems to be up to 10 times worse than mixed.. :dontknow:

Oh my god.. nothing that bad has happened with my school (or not so openly). Like of course girls have their little feuds, but that seems like Battle Royale.. :s-smilie: That sort of stuff shouldn't be funny, ever.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of people feel they have the right to really upset/bitch about others and a lot never grow out of it. I think in that environment as well, girls would just push each other on to behave like that.. Somehow with boys in the picture (with my experience) seems to put stuff in perspective a little and settle the bitchiness by around 5th year somehow (2 years before leaving age)?

your school shouldn't represent you as an individual, the best you can do is just stay clear of any nastiness. :hugs:
Sorry to interject, but I can totally sympathise with what you think...one would have thought that by the age of fifteen, there's minimal comedic value in calling someone a 'slut' - most of the time, it's untrue, and if it is, it's hardly the sort of thing one wants to bandy about. Ah well - you'll be shot of it in a month or so, I guess.

How many more days do you have left?

Yeah, it's also one reason I'm very private about my personal life when it comes to school. They made my life hell the first time (don't ask) I came out but that was when I was 13/4 so I thought the bitchiness was just a typical adolescent girl thing and they'd grown out of it. The last few days have been a revelation - they didn't grow out of it they just moved onto other people to pick on and bully. :s-smilie:

I just have tomorrow and Thursday morning, then any days when I have exams. Soon. :colonhash:
Original post by candide
We finished school the other week. :smile: It was mad. I painted ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE on the common room wall, with a picture of a petrified cat at the bottom...

I had to go in for books today tho, and someone had painted over it with white paint. :frown: What I don't get tho is they left the massive cartoon penis on the side of the room alone...

such is life!

My friend and I put the elements song and the pi song on repeat, and hid the speakers in the ceiling of the science corridor. But I'm not sure it counts as a prank if all the teachers come up to you and say what a lovely idea it was.
Reply 1638
No. It cares not for any type of jam, nor for strawberries. :tongue:

That's very true. I remember just reading some Shakespeare for my interviews; obviously it was interesting and very good from an analytical perspective, but it wasn't the easiest thing that I've ever read - which I suppose is partially the point.

Oh, you do? Is it any good? Perhaps - although what would be stressing you?

Fair enough; likewise. Oh, that's lucky...I envy you...:colondollar:

****...oysters?????

it's like trying to describe a great piece of art by just licking it...unless it was one of these weird modern, interactive pieces of **** 'art' that was made out of food or something....

It is, but you definitely have to make time for it (that and its good for learning about sanskrit/ yoga philosophy blah blah blah...). My exam.. even though it doesn't matter at all, I really do hate exams. Also I need to be traveling soon and have a lot to sort out before I go... (don't give any sympathy haha I'm just a nervous sensitive type :emo: :tongue:)
Yeah, it's also one reason I'm very private about my personal life when it comes to school. They made my life hell the first time (don't ask) I came out but that was when I was 13/4 so I thought the bitchiness was just a typical adolescent girl thing and they'd grown out of it. The last few days have been a revelation - they didn't grow out of it they just moved onto other people to pick on and bully. :s-smilie:

I just have tomorrow and Thursday morning, then any days when I have exams. Soon. :colonhash:

The poster idea's so horrible, is it worth telling the janitor/ a non-judgemental teacher and get them to take it down or stop it happening without punishing anyone or saying it was you?

Quick Reply

Latest