The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by caraniel
Not serious at all, I know Inushinde pretty well, he's a funny fella and a really good writer :yes:

I love the comments from people thinking it was serious.:mmm:
Original post by Facticity
Its obviously not serious lol Hilarious, one of my favourite writers.

Original post by caraniel
Not serious at all, I know Inushinde pretty well, he's a funny fella and a really good writer :yes:

I looked as his other articles and it did manage to make me laugh but it seems the people who commented on it didn't find it funny :lol:
Reply 3222
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Have you considered the omnibus releases? Getting them that way will still take room and money, but you'd save a little of both compared with getting the single volumes. :p:

That's what making it difficult...I almost bought the first two as a Christmas present for myself last year :nyoron:

Using the right site it's 3 books for roughly the price of 2 :ahee:
Reply 3223
Original post by Truered
I think I'll probably try it, I managed to completely fall away from the anime- I watched the first two episodes and just forgot about it :nyoron:

It's nothing amazing, and admittedly I did find the second season somewhat lacking and repetitive, but it's worth a watch, definitely. :smile:

The main worry is I can't get rid of the urge that keeps saying "start collecting One Piece" :colondollar: It's been coming on and off for months. I only have so much room/money...

Ah, well, I'm not the right person to talk to concerning that (I recently threw away a large bulk of old manga magazines recently). :redface:
Reply 3224
Original post by Aiko
It's nothing amazing, and admittedly I did find the second season somewhat lacking and repetitive, but it's worth a watch, definitely. :smile:

Oh I'm going to try the manga, I'm unlikely to get around to the anime unless it gets a UK release, so I thought I'd try the anime :colondollar:

And last night I noticed Fushigi Yûgi is sold in "3 in 1" editions so I'm thinking of getting the first volume of that to try. I haven't bought manga for months, so suddenly the itch has caught up with me :ahee:
Reply 3225
Original post by Truered
Oh I'm going to try the manga, I'm unlikely to get around to the anime unless it gets a UK release, so I thought I'd try the anime :colondollar:

And last night I noticed Fushigi Yûgi is sold in "3 in 1" editions so I'm thinking of getting the first volume of that to try. I haven't bought manga for months, so suddenly the itch has caught up with me :ahee:

I enjoyed the Bakuman manga - it has some brilliant moments, the anime didn't really capture the spirit of the show well in it's 1st season - the 2nd season was an improvement, but still not brilliant.

Fushigi Yuugi is a pretty decent reverse harem shoujo series, I have all the manga volumes and still enjoy leafing though them occasionally
I've been looking into a few more manga series myself - Akamatsu's Ground Defence Mao-chan (because I have most of his other series), Takahashi Rumiko's One Pound Gospel (because I liked the OVA) and Caravan Kidd (because it's shorter and cheaper than Outlanders). I should probably stop looking into what else is available and focus on finishing the series I've already started... but there's so much out there. :sigh: Plus when Wish vol.3 arrives in the post and I finish the series, I'll have a valid excuse to start another. :p:
Currently deciding who to vote for in tonight's Aniblog tourney matchups... decided to read Nopy's thoughts on the spring season, and agreed with everything they said for about half a page. Was almost certainly going to vote for them until I reached their thoughts on Sakamichi no Apollon...

Everyone's entitled to their opinions obviously, but yaoi vibes? :wtf: From that point in the post my tastes and the blogger's seemed to split completely.

Erm. What? I guess if they only watched the first episode *maybe* i can see why they would think that but from the 2nd ep onwards it'd be kinda impossible to think that. Haha!

The first episode of Hanasaku Iroha didn't really grab me the was Sakamichi no Apollon did. I'm gonna give it a few more episodes and see if it sticks. Thanks for the suggestion though AJ :smile:
Thought I'd let people know there's currently 10% off everything at The Book Depository - the deal seems to have been going since April, but as I rarely check the site I was unaware of it until now.

I was only going to buy volume 34 of Negima (which I did still buy), but felt I should get something extra to make the most of the deal. At the same time, I didn't want to spend more than £10, or start any new series that'd cost a fortune in the long run... so I bought Heaven's Will. I've not bought a Shojo Beat title before, but it's one volume long, cheap, and the synopsis mentions 'a friendly cross dressing young exorcist' - I'm sold. :p: Plus it's on Anime-Planet, the one slightly OCD reason that I picked it over Zombie Fairy. :o:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3229
I think it's great that people are receptive to purchasing anime and manga, but I just can't. Oh, how I've been spoiled by the internet. :redface:
Original post by Aiko
I think it's great that people are receptive to purchasing anime and manga, but I just can't. Oh, how I've been spoiled by the internet. :redface:

I do sometimes wonder why I'm considering spending so much on a long out of print series like Caravan Kidd when I'm pretty sure the volumes have been scanned and posted online... I think I just like hoarding series, and the more obscure the better. :p: But also, I still much prefer reading manga in book form to reading it on screen.
Reply 3231
I do sometimes wonder why I'm considering spending so much on a long out of print series like Caravan Kidd when I'm pretty sure the volumes have been scanned and posted online... I think I just like hoarding series, and the more obscure the better. :p: But also, I still much prefer reading manga in book form to reading it on screen.

Ah, see, that's where we differ, I guess. I'm no hoarder. :tongue:

I definitely prefer reading a novel in book form and would have said the same for manga if it weren't for my iPad. It's probably the single greatest use for it, not that I'm reading much manga at the moment.
Finished reading Yotsubato and loved it !!

Enjoyed it so much that I bought the 1st volume just so that I can make my Non manga reading girlfriend read it :smile:
Original post by Spoiltteenbrat
Finished reading Yotsubato...

After reading this, I had to go and check a few sites just to make sure the series hadn't ended without me realizing. :o: Glad to know it's still ongoing. :p: But yeah, it is a fantastic series. :yes:
Reply 3234
But yeah, it is a fantastic series. :yes:

Very much so.
Reply 3235
I dont like the third.. or is it second.. Eureka seven OP. :hmmm: The one that starts at ep 27.:s-smilie:
no matter how bad a naruto OP gets, they always seem to grow on me eventually :pinch:

time for war :pierre:

ep 261

Spoiler

oh man oh man havent been so :nutcase: during a naruto ep for a while, some epic fighting :coma:
(edited 11 years ago)
Was in Aber today for the annual anime soc barbecue, which was great. But as my bus arrived early I had a look in a few shops, including the independent game store GamePark, which used to have a small manga section (they didn't order manga in new, but bought any second hand stuff that was bought in). I use the past tense not because they've stopped selling manga, but because their section could no longer be described as small. And the things they had... I had to pinch myself to check I wasn't dreaming! Their selection was made for me! :p:

My purchases (which cost me a grand total of £5):

Spoiler

Yes, those are single chapters, flipped to read like western comics. No, I'm not going to read the Outlanders epilogue before I've read the main series. But I'm glad I have them just for collector's value. :yes: I also like the adverts on the back, promoting shiny new series such as The Slayers on VHS. :excited:
Reply 3238
Yes, those are single chapters, flipped to read like western comics. No, I'm not going to read the Outlanders epilogue before I've read the main series. But I'm glad I have them just for collector's value. :yes: I also like the adverts on the back, promoting shiny new series such as The Slayers on VHS. :excited:

Nice bargain! It's nice to think that we might now be in a time when flipped manga with adverts for VHS anime attached is edging into the territory of collectability/nostalgia...
Original post by QHF
Nice bargain! It's nice to think that we might now be in a time when flipped manga with adverts for VHS anime attached is edging into the territory of collectability/nostalgia...

I have to admit I only found out manga was originally released this way in the USA quite recently - I knew they flipped it, but assumed it was still mainly sold in volumes. :o: It was only when I got all of Gunsmith Cats a month or two ago that I figured it out, as the first page of each volume gave a list of the individual issues it collected.

Latest