The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Tremough/Cornwall Campus Firmer's FB group (UNOFFICIAL)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1020603993

For everyone heading to Cornwall/ Tremough Camous! There's a few of us who're first years now (Law, Zoology, CBE, English) and will be second years when you arrive - there to answer any questions!
We had a group like this last year which was really useful, so join up if you're a firmer because it's good to get to know everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
We've now opened it up to Falmouth students as well, since they found their own way there!

So if you're down for CC, join in! :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Chris-Freer

For everyone heading to Cornwall/ Tremough Camous! There's a few of us who're first years now (Law, Zoology, CBE, English) and will be second years when you arrive - there to answer any questions!
We had a group like this last year which was really useful, so join up if you're a firmer because it's good to get to know everyone! :biggrin:

Hi, it says o the website and they mentioned it at the applicant day that they don't really want people bringing cars, which is fair enough. but what is the parking situation really like as I'm sure they were just trying to put people off. After seriously saving up my pennies fro a long time i don't want to leave my little car at home, or at least until the insurance funs out in around feb. don't want to ask for a refund on the insurance so i will have the extra years NCD and feel like I should be using it since it has been paid for. However, if it really is going to be as much hassle as they made out it may have to stay home! And is there anywhere off campus close by that would be a possibility to park there for free? Thanks in advance, firmed the CC a few days ago although I think its going to be a miracle if I make the offer!
Reply 3
Original post by Acrylic
Hi, it says o the website and they mentioned it at the applicant day that they don't really want people bringing cars, which is fair enough. but what is the parking situation really like as I'm sure they were just trying to put people off. After seriously saving up my pennies fro a long time i don't want to leave my little car at home, or at least until the insurance funs out in around feb. don't want to ask for a refund on the insurance so i will have the extra years NCD and feel like I should be using it since it has been paid for. However, if it really is going to be as much hassle as they made out it may have to stay home! And is there anywhere off campus close by that would be a possibility to park there for free? Thanks in advance, firmed the CC a few days ago although I think its going to be a miracle if I make the offer!

Hey!
I'm sure you'll make the grade (they were quite lenient too, so long as you hit the mark for the main subject)!
I haven't got a car with me but one or two of my friends have brought theirs down and from what I gather it can be a bit of a hassle. There are two options - if you want to park in the main carpark at the top of campus you have to renew your tickets regularly and at an awkward early hour or they'll charge you (although it's questionable whether they enforce it). However there is a car parking area that you can use down in Falmouth - it's 30 minutes walk or so from campus I believe. I'm not quite sure what the deal is with that place (it may be free, or at least cheapish) but aside from the distance it seems to be the most popular option.
Reply 4
Hey!
I'm sure you'll make the grade (they were quite lenient too, so long as you hit the mark for the main subject)!
I haven't got a car with me but one or two of my friends have brought theirs down and from what I gather it can be a bit of a hassle. There are two options - if you want to park in the main carpark at the top of campus you have to renew your tickets regularly and at an awkward early hour or they'll charge you (although it's questionable whether they enforce it). However there is a car parking area that you can use down in Falmouth - it's 30 minutes walk or so from campus I believe. I'm not quite sure what the deal is with that place (it may be free, or at least cheapish) but aside from the distance it seems to be the most popular option.

I'm glad to hear they are lenient, checked on the ucas course search last night in desperation and the course is still open to applicants and extra so hopefully that means they'll take me on just to pay some fees, unless they just don't bother to update it. wow, really does sound like a bit of a pain in the arse. half an hour away to me just doesn't seem worth it, but at the same time once I'm there feeling stranded after having the car parked right outside for a year I may change my mind when it comes to wanting to explore all the beaches, tricky. I'll have to think about that one, who am I kidding though defiantly want to being it with me. Thanks for your advice!
Hey!

Take it from me, Ive lived in Falmouth and went to lectures at Tremough campus
One does not simply walk from Penryn to Falmouth.

One has to climb massive hills and narrow roads with small pavement.

(However there is a top up/quick break mcdonalds on the route this usually eases the journey.)

There are buses which run regularly til midnight which take you between the two towns, so i wouldnt say theres much need for a car.
The bus only cost 60p with student card.
Reply 6
Original post by natalieann1993
Take it from me, Ive lived in Falmouth and went to lectures at Tremough campus
One does not simply walk from Penryn to Falmouth.

One has to climb massive hills and narrow roads with small pavement.

(However there is a top up/quick break mcdonalds on the route this usually eases the journey.)

There are buses which run regularly til midnight which take you between the two towns, so i wouldnt say theres much need for a car.
The bus only cost 60p with student card.

I'm down here too! :tongue:

I've just spent the last 10 years in a place several times more hilly (Cumbria) so the walk is nothing more than a stroll in the park for me! Probably should've thought about eeeeeveryone else first.
Reply 7
60p?! in liverpool its almost £2 for a student but you can get a pass for around 320 for the year. what's worse is kids are paying 1.40ish (I think). I am going to LIVE on the busses! I think I'm going to bring the car anyway, even i it is a stupid idea...
Reply 8
Hi i start at Tremough in September, and im thinking of living in the accommodation. Could you let me know anything about the campus, what its like and the good and bad things about living on the campus?? It will help me out a lot!! Cheers :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ArtyMilly
Hi i start at Tremough in September, and im thinking of living in the accommodation. Could you let me know anything about the campus, what its like and the good and bad things about living on the campus?? It will help me out a lot!! Cheers :smile:

Hey, if you check this thread there's my opinion as well as a few others on there!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1864076

As for the negatives of living on campus, I can't think of many, it's great socially and is quite lively. It is some way from large amenities and the nightlife in Falmouth though.
I know it depends greatly on course and year of application, but does anyone know exactly how lenient they are?

I've already got the grade in my applied subjects, but I'm worried I'll drop a grade in the third, which, in my defence, bares no relevance whatsoever on the course.
Reply 11
Original post by jackcnichols
I know it depends greatly on course and year of application, but does anyone know exactly how lenient they are?

I've already got the grade in my applied subjects, but I'm worried I'll drop a grade in the third, which, in my defence, bares no relevance whatsoever on the course.

There's been a few people worried about that on the group, on the whole son long as the primary subject and secondary are nice and strong, you should be okay. I know they were quite lenient to a few of my friends, so hopefully you shouldn't be too badly off!
anyone unconditional?!
There's been a few people worried about that on the group, on the whole son long as the primary subject and secondary are nice and strong, you should be okay. I know they were quite lenient to a few of my friends, so hopefully you shouldn't be too badly off!

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed then, I suppose.
Reply 14

Just out of interest (and trying to work out my chances of a place when I miss my offer) how many zoology students are there each year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
Original post by jackcnichols

Which course are you applying for? I'm going into my third year doing English and didn't even get an A in English at A-level... unless something has drastically changed you should be fine. Dont panic.
Original post by km353
Which course are you applying for? I'm going into my third year doing English and didn't even get an A in English at A-level... unless something has drastically changed you should be fine. Dont panic.

I've also applied for English. Thanks, that's cheered me slightly from my pre-results blues. Here's to hoping that they're still as lenient today!
Reply 17
Hello everyone! I realise I'm a bit behind on this whole thread, but I've recently been accepted into Tremough and I was hoping to meet some others who were. I understand there's a fb group where everyone's been talking, but it appears to be closed, so hopefully not everyone's abandoned this thread and I'll find someone! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest