Original post by Pandora.
Ah, is that a bad board?

It's horrible.
Original post by GreenLantern1
Very very bad!
Original post by Paparazzo
It's horrible.
:eek:

I'm going to take a look at some WJEC past papers to see the horror for myself. :holmes:
Reply 8323
Original post by Paparazzo
WJEC :frown:

My backup exam board was that for English, I managed to get an A, so you'll be alright :smile:
Reply 8324
Original post by Ptolemy001
Umm, i'm doing religion and life (Christianity), community cohesion, marriage and family and life after death on Tuesday-good luck! :biggrin:

Oh my god theres actually other people doing the same rs syllabus as our school!
Apparently hardly anyone does the christianity stuff. How are you finding revision, the book is really useful! Good luck to you too! :wink:
I swear if I dedicated the amount of time I spend on TSR to revision I'd be a lot less panicky.
[QUOTE="iJess;37457910"]Allusion - A literary, classical or contemporary reference to some other event or work

Ambiguous/Ambiguity - Having a double or unclear meaning

Appeals to the senses - Images/words that are intended to rouse sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch etc. e.g ''swell to the gourd''

Ballad - A very ancient poem telling a story.

Colloquial Everyday or informal language

Couplet - a pair of lines of verse usually of the same length

Double entendre - a double meaning

Enjambment - carrying a sentence beyond the end of a line, couplet or stanza

Extended metaphor - Giving a name or description to something to which it is not literally applicable and continuing it through stanza's or a whole poem.

Hyperbole - Exaggerating something so much that it cannot be taken literally

Octave - The first 8 lines in a sonnet

Onomatopoia - words that sound like their meaning e.g crash, twitter, bang, slam

Pathos - language producing feelings of pity or sorrow

Pentameter - a line of 10 syllables

personification - attributing a person or animals nature to a thing or idea

Quatrain - a stanza or group of 4 lines usually with alternate rhymes

Satire/Satirical - a form of entertainment e.g a novel or a play which uses ridicule or irony for effect

Sestet[/B The last 6 lines of a sonnet

Simile A comparison of one thing to another using ''as'' or ''like''

Sonnet A 14 line poem with length and rhyme according to one of the various schemes

Stanza 4 or more rhymed lines repeated as a unit

Hope this helps, sorry it took me longer :biggrin:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow thank you sooooo much I have never even used some of those before, seriously this is the most helpful post I have ever seen I will put it to good use.
Original post by g.k.galloway
yep! you too then?

I am really interested in doing paediatrics or becoming a brain surgeon..
atm though that's kind of irrelevant..need to get good gcse grades before I can even think about moving further lol!!

No not me, lol I just know people who are studying it. Focus on your GCSE's right now and it should be good.
Original post by c3ntury
I've got mine tomorrow as well! But I've got 2 exams to make up for no coursework.

What times your exam?

1.30 or 1.45...can't remember off the top of my head lol :biggrin:
Reply 8330
Oh, people with the English Language exam tomorrow - Have a look at this and good luck! :')

http://www.cambridgestudents.org.uk/subjectpages/english/folder.2008-06-13.8153747152/Examiner_Tips_for_IGCSE_FLE_0500_FINAL.pdf
What exam board is the exam tomorrow?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Top video!

Have you seen it before?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Have you seen it before?

No, that is the first time I have watched it. Inspirational video!
Reply 8334
Original post by Anisa xx
same,hw u guys revising for it?

Oh cool another person! I am looking through the book and flashcards i mean its
not too hard, im gonna revise on sunday and monday ive done a bit but not too much. I find the key words for community cohesion harder to learn than the others though :tongue: how about you?
Original post by Pandora.
Ah, is that a bad board?

Beyond bad.
Original post by Zigggyy.
Oh, people with the English Language exam tomorrow - Have a look at this and good luck! :')

http://www.cambridgestudents.org.uk/subjectpages/english/folder.2008-06-13.8153747152/Examiner_Tips_for_IGCSE_FLE_0500_FINAL.pdf

i've been looking at that a lot! i'm so nervous about tomorrow's exam!
Original post by g.k.galloway
1.30 or 1.45...can't remember off the top of my head lol :biggrin:

hahaha, it's 13:30 :smile: i'm sitting the exam too!
Reply 8338
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i've been looking at that a lot! i'm so nervous about tomorrow's exam!

Yeah, I found it pretty helpful. :') Once you learn the skills and just the general 'examiners tips' it gets easier and you sorta' know what to do to get the marks :') good luck! It'll all be over in less than 24 hours. :tongue:
Original post by Zigggyy.
Yeah, I found it pretty helpful. :') Once you learn the skills and just the general 'examiners tips' it gets easier and you sorta' know what to do to get the marks :') good luck! It'll all be over in less than 24 hours. :tongue:

are you sitting the exam too? it's my first ever GCSE exam (like it is for some) so i guess that makes me a bit extra nervous! thank you! :smile:

Latest