The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody else heard anything from Pannone yet?
Reply 3121
Original post by Gem04
Is anyone looking for accommodation for their vac scheme in London this summer?

I have 3 double bedrooms available in my place with easy access into the City. I am an Oxford postgrad and have completed a couple of vac schemes myself.

Message me for more details if you're interested.

Good to hear there's still some accommodation around :smile: its so hard to find any with the olympics and all!
Reply 3122
I'm still waiting on Pannone. I've been told that Clarion have not yet emailed successful candidates do ignore the 30th April deadline.
Reply 3123
Original post by stefwad75
Has anybody else heard anything from Pannone yet?

I know some people have had offers, some PFOs but I haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone heard back from Bristows yet?
Reply 3124
Original post by MJNeil
I'm still waiting on Pannone. I've been told that Clarion have not yet emailed successful candidates do ignore the 30th April deadline.

Oh how did you hear that about Clarion? It said on their receipt email that they'd let sucessful candidates know by April 30th... Booked a holiday in July now!
Reply 3125
I heard that they are yet to make their decisions from a Partner. He attended our final event for the marketplace business game yesterday. So you may still hear...
Reply 3126
Original post by MJNeil
I heard that they are yet to make their decisions from a Partner. He attended our final event for the marketplace business game yesterday. So you may still hear...

Sorry is that for Clarion or Pannone?
Reply 3127
That is for Clarion. Pannone replied to my email this morning saying that are currently considering applications for the June period and will then be moving on to consider the applications for the July period. She didn't give me any time scale though.
Reply 3128
Original post by MJNeil
That is for Clarion. Pannone replied to my email this morning saying that are currently considering applications for the June period and will then be moving on to consider the applications for the July period. She didn't give me any time scale though.

That is so odd! I spoke to the graduate rec partner a while ago & she said there were no interviews & they decided on applications!
Original post by MJNeil

Thanks for that info on Pannone. I applied for the July period so at least I can stop waiting on the edge of my seat for a reply for now!
Reply 3130
Original post by hello45
I know some people have had offers, some PFOs but I haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone heard back from Bristows yet?

I heard back from bristows yesterday ---> rejection :'(
Reply 3131
Original post by MJNeil

MJNeil, please can you elaborate on your Clarion interview? I just got an email from Grad Rec saying they wont be in touch with anyone till the end of May?????????
Reply 3132
I didn't say that I had been interviewed by Clarion. I said that I had met a partner at an unrelated event and he confirmed that they were yet to make any decisions. This was confirmed in their email this morning.
Original post by audria
I heard back from bristows yesterday ---> rejection :'(

sorry to hear about that. Im yet to hear back from them, but I will probably also be rejected too!
Reply 3134
Original post by MJNeil
I didn't say that I had been interviewed by Clarion. I said that I had met a partner at an unrelated event and he confirmed that they were yet to make any decisions. This was confirmed in their email this morning.

Oh sorry I interpreted 'marketplace business game' as an interview as lots of firms interview this way. Thanks!
Reply 3135
anyone heard from Blake Lapthorn yet?
Reply 3136
Original post by crimples
anyone heard from Blake Lapthorn yet?

I just got an offer. No idea how they do things though, a friend of mine got a TC with them last year. He applied for the VS, but they didn't even read his application until it was too late, so they gave him a TC interview in summer instead.
Reply 3137
Original post by Benny257
I just got an offer. No idea how they do things though, a friend of mine got a TC with them last year. He applied for the VS, but they didn't even read his application until it was too late, so they gave him a TC interview in summer instead.

congratulations!! can i ask which office?

yer i heard that from someone too. how odd..

did you have to go to an interview/ac?
Reply 3138
Original post by crimples
congratulations!! can i ask which office?

yer i heard that from someone too. how odd..

did you have to go to an interview/ac?

There was no interview or AC, just got an email giving me a place. To allocate which department/office, they listed all the possible placements in the email. For example, "Southampton Office, Property Litigation - 3 placements available over 21/22 June, 28/29 June, 5/6 July and 12/13 July"

They say that they give these out on a first come, first served basis. I couldn't have my first choice of department. Most were for Southampton, with a couple in London and Oxford.
Reply 3139
Original post by Benny257
There was no interview or AC, just got an email giving me a place. To allocate which department/office, they listed all the possible placements in the email. For example, "Southampton Office, Property Litigation - 3 placements available over 21/22 June, 28/29 June, 5/6 July and 12/13 July"

They say that they give these out on a first come, first served basis. I couldn't have my first choice of department. Most were for Southampton, with a couple in London and Oxford.

ohhh i see. well congrats anyway and thanks for the info :smile: i emailed them yesterday and they said that they would be reviewing remaining application over the next 2 weeks (for anyone else still waiting to hear). but if it's first come first served i doubt i'll get anything as i applied the day before deadline day! ooooops! lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending