The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

My first appointment alone with my psychiatrist in less than an hour. I'm going to have to actually answer the questions myself instead of another CAMHS woman interjecting when I feel uncomfortable. :zomg:
Original post by Anonymous
My first appointment alone with my psychiatrist in less than an hour. I'm going to have to actually answer the questions myself instead of another CAMHS woman interjecting when I feel uncomfortable. :zomg:

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you.

Just be honest, don't worry about seeming nervous, psychiatrists are used to that.
I don't know anything for my exam on Saturday. I'm going to mess it all up because I haven't worked hard enough. I just can't find any motivation. My best friend keeps telling me to work but I can't - I haven't told her about the issues I'm having, and I think this total motivation loss is part of it. I know everyone gets demotivated but this is different, I think.

Stressstressstressstressstress.
Reply 703
Appt. with psych went well.

Support being put in place for when I'm back home, mood still doing well, meds don't seem to be causing any problems etc.

Although she did say I should probably speak to people more, and tried to push an ED book on me. :ninja:

So yeah, I'll work on that stuff.
Original post by Nut.
Appt. with psych went well.

Support being put in place for when I'm back home, mood still doing well, meds don't seem to be causing any problems etc.

Although she did say I should probably speak to people more, and tried to push an ED book on me. :ninja:

So yeah, I'll work on that stuff.

Glad to hear it went well :smile:

My professional team don't seem to like me only really talking to people on the internet, although I think it is healthy enough :tongue:

My psychologists secretary is really happy. It was scary talking to her :frown:
Reply 705
Original post by thatsthebadger93
I'm not so sure about that, but thanks :smile:

I don't believe you'd tell anyone else they don't deserve that, so don't tell yourself it either. It's equally as untrue.
I think the weather is getting to me, been tired a lot recently and sleep pattern is destroyed.

Got up at 10am today and half a hour ago could barely move and started dropping off.

Still haven't heard about therapist yet btw.
Reply 707
Original post by rmhumphries
Glad to hear it went well :smile:

My professional team don't seem to like me only really talking to people on the internet, although I think it is healthy enough :tongue:

Yeah mine seems to be the same.

Knowing all of you lot, sometimes it's safer to keep you at internet-length. :tongue:

Although I did mention camping to them, and they seemed happy with that. :h:
I ****ed up my life and now on course for a 2.2. I feel so ****. There is nothing I can do about it.
In a way, I knew I did **** cos I wanted to do ****. I wanted in a weird way ruin my life and rubber stamp that I am a good for nothing worthless piece of ****.
Now I know I am on course of a 2.2, this good little Muslim boy is thinking of going to some random pub and order a drink.

Where is God when you pray? :cry2:
Reply 709
Will do, thanks.
Its always been presumed that I'd go to college and do A-levels but I'm not sure if that's right for me.

Sorry to hear that :hugs:
Hope it goes well for you, good luck!
That's good then, I'm sure it will all work out.

How was it? :hugs:
You'll find what's right for you when you get there. :hugs:

Went pretty well, he said I looked a bit more lively today but that might have just been because I was shaking my leg out of anxiousness. :colondollar:
Wasted a lot of time after the appoinment though, but with my flask of tea by my side, hoping I will get some work done now.
Started raining as soon as I put my washing out. :colonhash:
Thought I had a bit more food in my room, apparently not. :sad: Don't want to go into kitchen or leave the house.
Original post by Webberino
How was it? :hugs:
You'll find what's right for you when you get there. :hugs:

Went pretty well, he said I looked a bit more lively today but that might have just been because I was shaking my leg out of anxiousness. :colondollar:
Wasted a lot of time after the appoinment though, but with my flask of tea by my side, hoping I will get some work done now.
Started raining as soon as I put my washing out. :colonhash:

It wasn't too bad, bit awkward at times but ok thanks. Was hard talking about self-harm in front of my mum but I think it's getting easier. Hospital wasn't mentioned either! :biggrin: Also start on capsules tomorrow so no more yucky liquid stuff. I'm going back in 2 weeks for another med review.
It's the leavers mass at school tonight and I've managed to convince my mum not to go so I won't be sitting in the middle of people who intimidate me for 2 hours or so. The sound of going up and receiving a certificate in front of everybody doesn't sound too appealing either :eek:. Taking nurture's advice of doing what pleases me instead of what pleases my mum.

Glad it went well :hugs:
Hope you manage to get some work done, good luck with it.
What a pain! :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth
Good luck! I hope it goes well for you.

Just be honest, don't worry about seeming nervous, psychiatrists are used to that.

It wasn't too painful, thanks. I think he quickly learnt that I was only going to respond with head nods and shakes. :tongue:
Original post by superwolf
Thought I had a bit more food in my room, apparently not. :sad: Don't want to go into kitchen or leave the house.

You could ask a friend to bring some up and you'll pay them (unless they're willing to do it as a favour anyway):smile:
Original post by DamnDirtyGrapes
You could ask a friend to bring some up and you'll pay them (unless they're willing to do it as a favour anyway):smile:

:no: Don't have anyone who could do that - just have to wait out til I stop feeling so pathetic.
Out of all the side effects I could experience on my meds, I am most disappointed I haven't started producing breast milk.
Reply 715
It wasn't too bad, bit awkward at times but ok thanks. Was hard talking about self-harm in front of my mum but I think it's getting easier. Hospital wasn't mentioned either! :biggrin: Also start on capsules tomorrow so no more yucky liquid stuff. I'm going back in 2 weeks for another med review.
It's the leavers mass at school tonight and I've managed to convince my mum not to go so I won't be sitting in the middle of people who intimidate me for 2 hours or so. The sound of going up and receiving a certificate in front of everybody doesn't sound too appealing either :eek:. Taking nurture's advice of doing what pleases me instead of what pleases my mum.

Glad it went well :hugs:
Hope you manage to get some work done, good luck with it.
What a pain! :frown:

Good, well done :hugs:
Yay hopefully you won't taste the capsules. Was sleep any better last night?
Good plan, hopefully that will make things a littler better. :hugs:

Thanks, have done a question and a bit, it's something. My flask is almost empty though, if my housemates see me making flasks of tea for my room they may think I have a bit of a problem but oh well. :tongue:
Oh well, just going to leave it out there until it stops raining long enough to dry. I'm so lazy :lol:
Why does no one sit by me on the bus? :cry2:

Do I smell or look weird or crazy or something else?

What is it?

The bus was full today, there wasn't a single spare seat, then it stopped and maybe 5 people got off, so I sat down and no one sat next to me for the rest of the journey, despite a load of people standing in the aisle - a few people looked but they did not sit. WHY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 717
Original post by Sabertooth
Why does no one sit by me on the bus? :cry2:

Do I smell or look weird or crazy or something else?

What is it?

The bus was full today, there wasn't a single spare seat, then it stopped and maybe 5 people got off, so I sat down and no one sat next to me for the rest of the journey, despite a load of people standing in the aisle - a few people looked but they did not sit. WHY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe they like standing like me? :tongue:

I know some people don't like going to sit next to anyone when 1 seat is already taken.
Original post by Webberino
Good, well done :hugs:
Yay hopefully you won't taste the capsules. Was sleep any better last night?
Good plan, hopefully that will make things a littler better. :hugs:

Thanks, have done a question and a bit, it's something. My flask is almost empty though, if my housemates see me making flasks of tea for my room they may think I have a bit of a problem but oh well. :tongue:
Oh well, just going to leave it out there until it stops raining long enough to dry. I'm so lazy :lol:

The watch I ordered arrived today, yay! It's a binary watch, I look like a massive nerd wearing it :mmm:

Well done for doing that :smile:
Absolutely nothing problematic with a tea obsession :tongue:
Also nothing wrong with laziness :laugh:
Original post by superwolf
:no: Don't have anyone who could do that - just have to wait out til I stop feeling so pathetic.

You're not pathetic at all.
I came back from a seminar earlier and broke down in tears, so I think we're all in the same ship here. =P

If you fancy going out, here's what helps me, I choose an album on my ipod or music player, and I focus solely on that, promising myself to do it for the next song that'll come on, until the album finishes. If I'm still out, I don't think about it and I immediately put another one on.

It might not work for everybody, but you never know.

Latest