The Student Room Group

Higher Music 2012

Scroll to see replies

yeah i meant concertino for the first one, got most of what you were saying so a bit calmer! still worried though aha! the sheet music i remember i put 3/4 for the time signature! got an A in the prelim so hoping i will be able to do get it again :biggrin: ahh the stress of exams :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by why-hello-there
I put imperfect for that, but my music teacher said it was perfect...

hope your teacher is right! :tongue:

I also put imperfect so I hope so too! My teacher said atonal instead polytonality also... starting to worry now! :frown: Also, I put jazz instead of jazz-funk so I'm hoping they'll give me the mark!

How did you think it went?
i think for the sheet music i put 3/4 for the time signature, the fill in the gaps i said simple time and that the rhymic groupings were triples, had piccolos and snare drums and timpani and wooden blocks, was there another multiple choice question i am forgetting?
Original post by Lewis_Mac
I also put imperfect so I hope so too! My teacher said atonal instead polytonality also... starting to worry now! :frown: Also, I put jazz instead of jazz-funk so I'm hoping they'll give me the mark!

My thinking was that if polytonality means more than one tone, surely that can't be the answers as atonal is a lack of a tone...ah well :tongue:

I thought it went pretty well actually :smile: Glad they gave pretty clear examples of the ornaments in the bubble question because I'm normally really bad at listening out for them. :tongue: Pretty fair paper overall I'd say.

How did you find it? :smile:

for the atonal i put modal! total guess, sure you have done fine! they are bound to give you the mark for Jazz :biggrin:
Original post by Emma_Lawrie
i think for the sheet music i put 3/4 for the time signature, the fill in the gaps i said simple time and that the rhymic groupings were triples, had piccolos and snare drums and timpani and wooden blocks, was there another multiple choice question i am forgetting?

Yeah I got the triplets as well :smile: I put 3/4 for the sheet music but apparently it was compound time so it should have been 6/8 :frown:. I wasn't really listening out for the timing, I just had a quick count of the simplest bar I could find before the music came on...whoops :tongue: Hopefully they just give it for 3/4 anyway!
ahhh i am so stressed :frown: i have ****ed it up big time aha!
Reply 27
My thinking was that if polytonality means more than one tone, surely that can't be the answers as atonal is a lack of a tone...ah well :tongue:

I thought it went pretty well actually :smile: Glad they gave pretty clear examples of the ornaments in the bubble question because I'm normally really bad at listening out for them. :tongue: Pretty fair paper overall I'd say.

How did you find it? :smile:

That's true... holding out for atonal to be the answer! :tongue:

Same actually, I thought it was definitely a fair paper :smile: based on my teacher's answers (which of course may not all be correct) I have either 29/30 out of 40 and I'm feeling good about my instruments so I'm hoping for an A! :smile:
Reply 28
for the atonal i put modal! total guess, sure you have done fine! they are bound to give you the mark for Jazz :biggrin:

I don't think it was modal as they piece was (I think) modern, and modes only existed in the Renaissance period. But I may have remembered it incorrectly! Ohh I hope so! :smile:
That's true... holding out for atonal to be the answer! :tongue:

Same actually, I thought it was definitely a fair paper :smile: based on my teacher's answers (which of course may not all be correct) I have either 29/30 out of 40 and I'm feeling good about my instruments so I'm hoping for an A! :smile:

can you remember your teachers answers? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Yeah I got the triplets as well :smile: I put 3/4 for the sheet music but apparently it was compound time so it should have been 6/8 :frown:. I wasn't really listening out for the timing, I just had a quick count of the simplest bar I could find before the music came on...whoops :tongue: Hopefully they just give it for 3/4 anyway!

Was it 6/8!? DAMN IT! I put 3/4 also :frown:
Reply 31
can you remember your teachers answers? :biggrin:

If I had a copy of all the questions I would probably be able to remember them. Anyone got a copy? :smile:
Was it 6/8!? DAMN IT! I put 3/4 also :frown:

Remember this is from the guy who put polytonality instead of atonal...maybe he's just over-thinking things. :tongue:
Original post by cameronyoung95
I did the paper again last night and gave it to my music teacher this morning to check.

Once I have the answers back I'll post them.

do you happen to have a copy of the questions?
Reply 34
Remember this is from the guy who put polytonality instead of atonal...maybe he's just over-thinking things. :tongue:

I hope so! It's just hearing different answers is getting me a bit stressed! :tongue: haha
I hope so! It's just hearing different answers is getting me a bit stressed! :tongue: haha

same :frown:
i remembered another multiple choice question, it had appoggiatura, neo classical, obbligatto, bassoon and other possibilities! anyone else remember it? :smile: of so what did you get?
Reply 37
i remembered another multiple choice question, it had appoggiatura, neo classical, obbligatto, bassoon and other possibilities! anyone else remember it? :smile: of so what did you get?

I think I remember this one! I put Neo-Classical, Bassoon and Appoggiatura and my music teacher said they were right :smile: What did you get?
WHOOOOO I GOT THIS :biggrin: and see in the fill in the gaps was it in simple time? there is hope of an A yet :biggrin:
what about the one with hemiola, galliard, pavan, renaissance, sitar, homophony and harmonics for one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending