The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've also just remembered that I had a cocktail recently with a tomato in it (skewered on the side of the glass as a garnish, not tomato juice in the cocktail itself). Is this normal?
Original post by crazylemon
I don't see are librarians. Mainly because I hardly ever go to the library but when I do I use the self service to not have to bother talking to them.

Also trying to do ethics with a hangover is god awful.

Eugh I hate ethics, I was knocking back the glasses of wine to my ethics essay the other night.... I got barely any work done though :tongue:

In relationship news... I have met someone I really like, lets hope it goes somewhere :colondollar:
Reply 2342
Original post by Liam_G
:console:

At least it's not all bad.

I just checked envirofone and they will pay over £100 for one in full working order :eek: Quite surprised by that.

While we're on the subject of phones, I was talking to someone at work about their iPhone and they told me they pay over £60 a month for it... on a 24 month contract :indiff:

£50 contract and £12 a month insurance. They be crazy :erm:

I checked mine with 02 Recyclie as companies like Envirofone and Mazuma were found to pay really crap rates. Plus, 02 can credit your account with the money if you're with them, which for me would mean almost three free months!

And iPhone tariffs are inflated, as is iPhone insurance. The good thing about insurance through your provider though, is that they will replace your phone next day, whereas third parties take ages. Even if it's a repair, most providers will just send you a brand new one, then they'll take in your damaged one, repair it, and sell it as a refurbished model.

Im still gonna see how much m contract costs to pay off before I decide what to do.
Reply 2343
Original post by Crisps
I checked mine with 02 Recyclie as companies like Envirofone and Mazuma were found to pay really crap rates.

O2 Recycle - £100
Envirofone - £103.05

Jus sayin.
Original post by goodcookies
It's happened, I'm officially a grown up! :cry2:

Anyway, it's taken me 21 years but I've finally found my drink: gin. :love:

Happy Birthday! :biggrin:

:woo: CITY WON (okay I'm a little late) spent the day watching my brother get iron man tattoo'd on his arm :tongue: I was supposed to get mine but a full roast dinner was too tempting
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2345
Original post by The Puppet Master
spent the day watching my brother get iron man tattoo'd on his arm :tongue: I was supposed to get mine but a full roast dinner was too tempting

Wait until he falls asleep, take pictures and post them? :bigsmile:
Reply 2346
That sounded creepier than I intended.
Reply 2347
Original post by Liam_G
That sounded creepier than I intended.

'lil bit, yeah :devil3:
LOL, oh Liam. There is no way I'm entering that boys bedroom 'after hours', :rofl:

577091_189794827809427_100003367347031_279954_349047848_n.jpg
Reply 2349
Original post by Liam_G
O2 Recycle - £100
Envirofone - £103.05

Jus sayin.

Depends how much Envirofone take off for damage :beard: only screen damage though
Reply 2350
Man I wanna see the Avengers film, if only I had any friends. Bitches be getting tattoos. Feel like I'm missing out.

Original post by The Puppet Master
LOL, oh Liam. There is no way I'm entering that boys bedroom 'after hours', :rofl:

I have to enter my sister's room after hours sometimes, we both have the same TV in our rooms but there is only one remote (which I swear is mine). If I can't find it in my room then I know it will be in my sister's room, laying next to her in bed. It's like they're having an affair. If I want it I have to slowly reach around her unconscious body to get it, which always makes me feel like a bad brother.

I had to do it last night, actually. You'd think that half a bottle of vodka would put her sound asleep, but no, she always ends up waking up halfway through my sneaky midnight reach arounds.

I forget why I made this post.
Reply 2351
Original post by Liam_G
Man I wanna see the Avengers film, if only I had any friends. Bitches be getting tattoos. Feel like I'm missing out.

I have to enter my sister's room after hours sometimes, we both have the same TV in our rooms but there is only one remote (which I swear is mine). If I can't find it in my room then I know it will be in my sister's room, laying next to her in bed. It's like they're having an affair. If I want it I have to slowly reach around her unconscious body to get it, which always makes me feel like a bad brother.

I had to do it last night, actually. You'd think that half a bottle of vodka would put her sound asleep, but no, she always ends up waking up halfway through my sneaky midnight reach arounds.

I forget why I made this post.

*Snigger*
Reply 2352
Original post by Terpsikhore
I've also just remembered that I had a cocktail recently with a tomato in it (skewered on the side of the glass as a garnish, not tomato juice in the cocktail itself). Is this normal?

That doesnt sound like a bloody mary, thats the only tomato one im aware of.

Sounds refreshing i guess like gazpacho with booze :biggrin:
Reply 2353
Original post by Liam_G

I did offer to go with you to see the Avengers.

Spoiler

Reply 2354
Original post by mmmpie
I did offer to go with you to see the Avengers.

Yes, but you were just being nice. You'd already seen it a few days before.
Reply 2355
Original post by Liam_G
Yes, but you were just being nice. You'd already seen it a few days before.

I wasn't just being nice. I wouldn't have minded seeing it again, especially not with you.
Original post by Ysolt
That doesnt sound like a bloody mary, thats the only tomato one im aware of.

Sounds refreshing i guess like gazpacho with booze :biggrin:

It definitely wasn't a bloody mary, it was some sort of elderflower and prosecco concoction. With a tomato in it. :confused:
Original post by restoration
Eugh I hate ethics, I was knocking back the glasses of wine to my ethics essay the other night.... I got barely any work done though :tongue:

In relationship news... I have met someone I really like, lets hope it goes somewhere :colondollar:

Made even worse by ending up doing it with someone who seems to see most frivolous persutes as pointless. Oh plus disliking ing gays and generally being unpleasant. But hey he is near the top of the year. I will probably end up being one of Those doctors.
Look what I got today! dailymail.jpg
Original post by JessyPhil
Look what I got today! dailymail.jpg

:laugh:

Latest