The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wawasan
But what did they (as in the speaker) say about the homeless?

you should have picked up that they lived in the streets of the city "rue de la grande ville" aka...homelessness
Reply 181
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Ah same with me :'(

I put 'too greasy' for the steak
I put he worked in a furniture shop. And he makes sure everyone gets a good night sleep. I know that doesn't seem like it makes sense..but he said he checks the beds...

I think at the start I was going to put down furniture shop but...ah well, what can you do know! :L

AQA did a lot of questions that would catch people out
I hope the reading easy and they lower the grade boundaries :L
Original post by miffleberry24
Right guys i know that for question 1 it was homelessness and racism.
I also know that for the food ones it was something similar to..
Curry: Cold
Tart: Too sugary
Steak: rare
Dessert: too much cream.
I also know that for man and woman's jobs, he enjoyed his job- i happen to know he said the pay was NOT GOOD but he liked the children part.
The woman.. i can't rememebr the first part but i know for a fact that she was influenced.
For the mali one i think i put the one about wood needing for food and something else i cant remember..
THE BIG DEBATE THOUGH IS.. WAS IT A FACTORY OR A FURNITURE SHOP?! please tell me which one is right guys!

factory
Reply 183
I remember them saying about helping people who lived in the roads... and they had to supply them with warm clothing I think. (For the homeless one)
Was the curry to spicy or cold? Still confused.
Guys what were the answers to mali one?? I put something about wood and something else..

For the second one i put solar energy and she was optermistic????
Whats the answers before i commit?????????
Reply 186
Original post by saycrackagain

spicy was what I got, especially after the word "epicer", which means spice itself
Original post by Wawasan
spicy was what I got, especially after the word "epicer", which means spice itself

I think it was that it was too cold because he said he liked the fact that it was spicy
Reply 188
Original post by miffleberry24
Guys what were the answers to mali one?? I put something about wood and something else..

For the second one i put solar energy and she was optermistic????
Whats the answers before i commit?????????

I put that the Government were to doing enough to promote renewable energy because of some of the comments she made about them not bothering, and pessimistic as an educated guess
Reply 189
Original post by milworthy
I think it was that it was too cold because he said he liked the fact that it was spicy

oh was it? :frown: Thanks for pointing out though
Original post by saycrackagain

I really thought it was spicy.She said she needed more to drink because of it and because it was so spicy she could only eat very little of it.

I might be wrong but that is what I heard
Reply 191
Didn't think it went to badly. Looking back as with all exams I wish I had done things differently. Really hoping for low grade boundries as I feel the exam consisted of many tricks that reading the threads many of us fell for. I am sure the man worked in a factory providing products to hotels and furniture shops! All will be revealed on August 23rd!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :smile:
Original post by Lmaria64
Tell me you didn't answer the written questions in french, cause your meant to reply in english :/

Lol no i didnt write them in french! just was telling ppl where i got the answer from lol :wink:
Original post by Duke
Did anyone do foundation? Because that's the one I did :colondollar:

I'm doing higher reading though :tongue:

I'm doing the same as you (foundations and higher)
for the second one did you put water?
for her sister did you put she was nice?
Reply 194
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I'm doing the same as you (foundations and higher)
for the second one did you put water?
for her sister did you put she was nice?

Yes and yes :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by books28
he worked in a factory (source- French teacher who is also my mother :wink: )

what did your mom say about the steak question?
Reply 196
AQA had another question on Mali? I'm sure the final question on one of their papers from the last couple of years was about cotton and deforestation in Mali. Sounds like you guys had a hard paper, though. The stuff you're talking about doesn't seem entirely related to what I've studied with Edexcel though. I guess both boards have slightly different specifications.

I did the Edexcel paper this afternoon but I'm making no remark on it yet because nobody is allowed to until tomorrow.
I remember when I did my AS listening paper last year, the grade boundaries were really high. I wish you all the best!
I swear that the curry was too spicy and 'it made her cry'?
Original post by Duke
Yes and yes :smile:
What did you put about his brother and sister's negative point? I just guessed at they were both annoying... What did you put?EDIT: What did you put about the old man and the shop, his name was Audave or something. I put he was a shop assistant
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest