The Student Room Group

Edexcel Astronomy GCSE 28/05/2012 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone else on TSR is taking Astronomy GCSE from Edexcel? :smile: what resources are you using to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Me me meee!!
Reply 3
Original post by sahajkaur
Me me meee!!

Haha, great :tongue: Have you started revising for the exam (28th May)? And how are you revising because I'm just reading the textbook :cool:
Original post by Dandaman9999
Haha, great :tongue: Have you started revising for the exam (28th May)? And how are you revising because I'm just reading the textbook :cool:

Same :smile:! and nope not yet but i should :colondollar:
Reply 5
Same :smile:! and nope not yet but i should :colondollar:

Exactly the same situation as me then :/ just gonnna wait till some more subjects have been revised before I start astronomy :tongue:
yeah :P how was your cw?
Reply 7
yeah :P how was your cw?

It went pretty well I think :smile: I did it on lunar features (aided) and the shadow stick readings (unaided). What about you?
yeah same 36/40 woo. i did lunar features unaided and constellation photography :smile:
Reply 9
Nice! We haven't been given our results back but he said I did extremely well :cool:
well done! yeah our teacher is a piece of **** though because he made us work like slaves and add so much so what im wondering is that why we still scored so low :frown:
I'd hardly say 36/40 is low! That is an A* as far as I know :smile: our teacher is alright but I did the majority of my work and revision at home via the textbooks once on our school we only got 1 lesson per week (and that was at lunchtime)! :redface:
Reply 12
Nice to see I'm not the only one doing this :smile:
36/40 is most definitely NOT low! I did the unaided lunar features and then the sunspots to measure the suns rotational period and only got 29/40 overall! I haven't really started revising yet (our teacher isn't great really...).. I'm prioritizing other subjects as Astronomy is an extra curricular one.. I'll probably just end up cramming using the textbook on the weekend before :P
Yeah same No i mean its low considering the amount of blood sweat and tears he MADE us put in it. I'm doing it extracurricular aswell and we were lucky if our teacher every turned up once per week so basically we've learnt the whole syllabus by ourselves :/
Reply 14
Oh.. I see what you mean now. To be fair I probably don't even deserve 29/40! I just ended up procrastinating so much that I left the write up until the day before and spent like four hours typing it up and waffling about it each time. Our teacher doesn't really seem to take it seriously and it's cancelled a lot yeah :/ I plan on just spending all weekend going over the basic stuff.. Hopefully that'll work :smile:
Ironically he never turned up for our lessons but he kept telling us to add irrelevant stuff to our coursework I don't see why it's not full marks (sorry to be cocky) haha. I hate him so much, when we asked him for our marks he blackmailed us, saying he would only give them to us if we wrote an article about how fun Astronomy was with him. What a piece of ****
Reply 16
Wow.. He does sound worse than our teacher. She just assumes it's all easy (as she understands it) and doesn't explain it all particularly well, leaving us to teach ourselves really. I'd be surprised if I got anything above a B really (not that I'm complaining!) but it's still lower than what I'm predicted in everything else..
Original post by OllieWolly
Wow.. He does sound worse than our teacher. She just assumes it's all easy (as she understands it) and doesn't explain it all particularly well, leaving us to teach ourselves really. I'd be surprised if I got anything above a B really (not that I'm complaining!) but it's still lower than what I'm predicted in everything else..

Hey atleast she turned up! He expected to teach the theory to ourselves! :frown: weekend to cram or what (a)
Reply 18
Hey atleast she turned up! He expected to teach the theory to ourselves! :frown: weekend to cram or what (a)

From what I've heard, seems like most people will be cramming the weekend before! Lets hope they're nice to us with the questions and give us really easy ones? :tongue:
Original post by OllieWolly
From what I've heard, seems like most people will be cramming the weekend before! Lets hope they're nice to us with the questions and give us really easy ones? :tongue:

yeah hopefully :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending