Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

lost netwrok connection Watch

ReputationRep:
    my university provides a wired internet connection in our room, and today by accident I clicked the disable connection button and now no matter how many times I reconnect the cable, restart the computer and search for available networks it does not show up again

fortunately as my room is right below the computer lab I can use the wireless service but its not as reliable/fast as the wired service (hence why I can post this)

how would I get the network back or is this a question for the techies at the univeristy it office?

I'm on windows vista btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stubear)
    my university provides a wired internet connection in our room, and today by accident I clicked the disable connection button and now no matter how many times I reconnect the cable, restart the computer and search for available networks it does not show up again

fortunately as my room is right below the computer lab I can use the wireless service but its not as reliable/fast as the wired service (hence why I can post this)

how would I get the network back or is this a question for the techies at the univeristy it office?

I'm on windows vista btw
    You need to re-enable the wired network connection.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings

ReputationRep:
    cheers vlad it worked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stubear)
    cheers vlad it worked
    No probs

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 14, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you shell out for travel insurance?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.