The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Original post by JessicaW
I would like to see a Justice League film.

As long as Green Lantern isn't in it.

I don't mind whichever version of the GL that the black guy is in the JL cartoons of the late 90's but the likes of Hal Jordan are bloody boring! And the Ryan Reynolds film :sigh:

I also despise the Flash and every time I see him on screen I wish his death.
Imagine how much a Justice League film would make with their much more recognisable characters. Jeezus.

BUT: They probably won't have anyone like Joss Whedon directing and drawing people in.

ALSO: I would have the line-up be the same as from the cartoon, including it being John Stewart as Green Lantern, not Hal Jordan.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6282
Original post by Colonel.
Imagine how much a Justice League film would make with their much more recognisable characters. Jeezus.

BUT: They probably won't have anyone like Joss Whedon directing and drawing people in.

ALSO: I would have the line-up be the same as from the cartoon, including it being John Stewart as Green Lantern, not Hal Jordan.

It would be absolutely insane! Although it will be interesting to see if DC want to carry on with the super serious superheroes of the current Batman, as there is almost no way of keeping it grounded if you have superman and the Martian manhunter involved.

--------

John Stewart!!! That's the name, he was a brilliant GL.
Original post by Mess.
It would be absolutely insane! Although it will be interesting to see if DC want to carry on with the super serious superheroes of the current Batman, as there is almost no way of keeping it grounded if you have superman and the Martian manhunter involved.

--------

John Stewart!!! That's the name, he was a brilliant GL.

I reckon Batman will be like The Animated Series. Dark and serious, but willing to work with others. As long as it doesn't have that Marvel film light heartedness, I'll be fine with it.
Original post by aja89
Went to Watford to the Harry Potter studios today, it was awesome. BUTTERBEER.

Spoiler

That. Looks. So. Delicious :drool:
Reply 6285
Original post by aja89
Went to Watford to the Harry Potter studios today, it was awesome. BUTTERBEER.

Spoiler

It's such a great experience, isn't it!
The last parts of the tour :sogood:

Whether you like film, you like Harry Potter, or you like both - it's worth going to!

I do not want to see a Justice League film. Not just the Avengers, but all Marvel characters are flawed where as the 'main' DC ones are a little too perfect, plus a lot of them are just, well, not that interesting to me.
There'd be huge expectations on it as well after all this build up to The Avengers and the film itself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Justice League film :yucky:
Reply 6287
Right, okay, I'm going to do it properly.

Give me the list of films I need to watch to be able to fully appreciate Avengers. Bear in mind I have never seen ANY of them.
A third video from the genius that is Evan Seitz, this time entitled 'Color Reel'. As you can probably guess, all of the films that are listed have colours in their titles. See if you can guess them all, guys! (just a heads up, this one's probably the hardest one yet, I could only get about five of them :sadnod:)

[video="vimeo;40423792"]40423792[/video]
Original post by aja89
Right, okay, I'm going to do it properly.

Give me the list of films I need to watch to be able to fully appreciate Avengers. Bear in mind I have never seen ANY of them.

:woo:

I watched them in this order:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Original post by PoGo HoPz
A third video from the genius that is Evan Seitz, this time entitled 'Color Reel'. As you can probably guess, all of the films that are listed have colours in their titles. See if you can guess them all, guys! (just a heads up, this one's probably the hardest one yet, I could only get about five of them :sadnod:)

Think I got two of them. A couple more I vaguely might know.
Original post by nerd434
Just put on Rob Zombie's 'House of 1000 Corpses', anybody know if this is any good?

Rob Zombie? nah.

I spotted:

Spoiler

Reply 6293

Ones I think I got:
Snow White
The Pink Panther
A Clockwork Orange
Yellow Submarine
The Green Mile
The Blues Brothers
White Fang
Black Swan

Original post by sheep_go_baa
:woo:

I watched them in this order:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America

Thanks! I would rep you but it won't let me because I've already repped you recently. :h:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Think I got two of them. A couple more I vaguely might know.
Tricky, isn't it? :rolleyes:
I spotted:

Spoiler

Isn't the second to last one The Grey? :holmes:

Original post by aja89
Ones I think I got:
Snow White
The Pink Panther
A Clockwork Orange
Yellow Submarine
The Green Mile
The Blues Brothers
White Fang
Black Swan
Not bad :h:

Did anyone manage to guess the third or fourth one? :unsure:
Isn't the second to last one The Grey? :holmes:

Not bad :h:

Did anyone manage to guess the third or fourth one? :unsure:

Not in order.
Original post by nerd434
Just put on Rob Zombie's 'House of 1000 Corpses', anybody know if this is any good?

Another vote for no, it 'aint much good. There's literally thousands of better low budget horrors from the 70s and 80s.
Not in order.
Apparently the fourth one is Porco Rosso and the sixth one is Jackie Brown. I think there's two of them left that nobody can seem to guess. :yep:
Apparently the fourth one is Porco Rosso and the sixth one is Jackie Brown. I think there's two of them left that nobody can seem to guess. :yep:

the hunt for red october.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending