The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazylemon
The ethic book I thought was stolen turned up today with the free replacement amazon sent.
I phoned them to say I had both and what to do and the commended me on there honesty.

I ****ing love amazon. Whenever I have had a problem they have instantly solved it and even when there was snow they got things here on time. They have their business model sorted.

N.B. I am not paid to advertise for amazon but if they feel like sending me a gift voucher...

I really like Amazon. The only bad experience I've had with them is not their fault - it was down to the "delivery" company, Yodel. :colonhash:
Original post by Mad Vlad
I really like Amazon. The only bad experience I've had with them is not their fault - it was down to the "delivery" company, Yodel. :colonhash:

What did they do?
Yodel are the ones who delivered today
Original post by crazylemon
What did they do?
Yodel are the ones who delivered today

Repeatedly fail to deliver. It took me 2 weeks and an awful lot of wrangling to get them to actually deliver my monitor. I tried to get it delivered to my work address, but they tried to deliver there at 21:48 one night...

Seriously?! Utter incompetence.
Repeatedly fail to deliver. It took me 2 weeks and an awful lot of wrangling to get them to actually deliver my monitor. I tried to get it delivered to my work address, but they tried to deliver there at 21:48 one night...

Seriously?! Utter incompetence.

Impressive.
Weather is bad tonight :/
I find shouting the C-bomb at the top of my voice until I run out of air, works quite well.

:hugs:

That does sound therapeutic, but unfortunately I worry what the neighbours will think. Thank you for the hugs, though. :hugs:

I just rid my bedroom of a large and creepy-looking spider, despite hating the wretched things, so I feel all strong and capable now. At least, I hope I've disposed of him, and the blighter's not sitting watching me now plotting his revenge...:afraid:
Reply 2406
Breakfast martini for breakfast, while writing an essay. Be proud, Mike. :awesome:
Reply 2407
Tried my new magic sleepy pills last night - still asleep.
Reply 2408
Original post by mmmpie
Tried my new magic sleepy pills last night - still asleep.

Magic sleepy pills! Which ones?
Reply 2409
Original post by Laertes
Magic sleepy pills! Which ones?

Zopiclone
Reply 2410
Hurrah, I have a new debit card! Boo, can't use it yet as the bank have reset my pin number and I need to wait for a new one!
Reply 2411
Original post by Crisps
Hurrah, I have a new debit card! Boo, can't use it yet as the bank have reset my pin number and I need to wait for a new one!

Half a hurrah then. More like a Hur-
Reply 2412
Original post by mmmpie
Half a hurrah then. More like a Hur-

Ha, this is very true.

And ooh, TSR iPad app!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2413
Original post by mmmpie
Zopiclone

Zopiclone is awesome. It sucks as sleeping-pill, though.
Reply 2414
Original post by Crisps
Ha, this is very true.

And ooh, TSR iPad app!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You do like your apps...

Original post by Laertes
Zopiclone is awesome. It sucks as sleeping-pill, though.

Works for me, I've had it before. Temazepam is awful though - I get paradoxical side effects from Temazepam - panic attacks which keep me awake.
I had a chemistry exam today, and yet the most difficult question I've had to answer all day was asked by my little brother: He told me to name characters from Winnie the Pooh:

I got: Winnie, Tigger, Piglet, Kanga, Roo, Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, Christopher Robin... did I miss anyone?
Original post by ATMarsden
I had a chemistry exam today, and yet the most difficult question I've had to answer all day was asked by my little brother: He told me to name characters from Winnie the Pooh:

I got: Winnie, Tigger, Piglet, Kanga, Roo, Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, Christopher Robin... did I miss anyone?

Heffalumps and Woozles!
Original post by lcsurfer
I agree with twin, I battled with mine for a long time as it's never been for me that I've been singly attracted to 1 gender, which made it ever so much more confusing... then everyone at school thought bisexual was a 'cool/fashion' statement at one time which made it worse.

I completely understand where you are coming from with regards to fighting against yourself, i must of done it for a few years at least. Now I just accept if i like someone its because of them and not their gender... My Dad said an awesome thing "Do you like them because of their anatomy or because of their personality?" and that pretty much sums it up.

:smile:

Thanks for your answer. :smile:

I'm sorry for my stupid questions, but how did you stop this 'fighting'? How did you overcome your fear?

Yes, and your Dad is absolutely right. He seems to be a very smart and wise guy. But it's a pity that not everyone things the way about that like him.
I have a horrible horrible presentation on Thursday. Does anyone know if Kalms works? Or would I be better off downing a couple of tequila shots (or five) beforehand? :tongue:
I'd invest in a proper case for the replacement. Have you ever heard of something called D3O? It's magical stuff. Take a look :smile:

Welcome Alina!

Your English is pretty good actually! :smile:

I went into the whole discovery process with a very open mind. I realised that I was noticing guys a lot more than I did to start with, but I chose not to get myself worried about it. I take the view that I am what I am. There's nothing I can do to change that, so I accept it.

Know that you're awesome, whether you're gay, straight, bi, trans; whatever. :smile:

:hugs:

Thanks for your kind words. :h: And it's reassuring to hear that you're able to understand me. Because my thoughts circled the whole time around things like '' Do they know what I mean? Is that the right expression?'' :biggrin:

Actually, I know what I am. And I accept it. But I'm pretty sure that my family won't do. And that's why I always try to tell myself that it is just a phase or something. I'm so afraid of telling them the truth. Sometimes, or even the whole time I'm thinking that I'd rather emigrate and start a new beginning than telling my family the truth about myself. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending