The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
that was utter, utter rubbish and I reckon it's a good time for me to just drop the show, walk away, then read wikipedia in a few years.

totally laugh free, terrible script, awful succession of sub family guy callbacks and new clip cut aways, hopelessly unrealistic situations MARSHALL DRUNK IS SO and TED HAS TO SHOUT ALL HIS LINES because he's actually really, really, dull and unfunny and not really even likable and frankly, by now, who cares who he marries, the poor cow. Oh and Lilly had a baby. She's still an idiot and a tedious bore she's stilll nowhere near good enough for marshall. SHE is the reacher and MARSHALL is the settler here. Anyway, baby trope, yawn.

haha misdirection... we fooled you. Right, good one, half-time change...but it really only works when you actually really care and for me it's just too late for that. They've let the central concept drag on so long that it's polluted the show and overshadowed the development of what might have been a half-decent set of characters. Is it really too much to hope for that for a short run of episodes we might not have to put up with this now absurd Barney/Robin/Ted love triangle. I mean, who would even be friends in that situation, really, eww, constantly trying to fall in love with or screw or have kids with each other.

I really can't find much if anything positive to say about it. Time to go. Plenty of other great telly to watch.

I approve of this rant :^_^:
that was utter, utter rubbish and I reckon it's a good time for me to just drop the show, walk away, then read wikipedia in a few years.

totally laugh free, terrible script, awful succession of sub family guy callbacks and new clip cut aways, hopelessly unrealistic situations MARSHALL DRUNK IS SO and TED HAS TO SHOUT ALL HIS LINES because he's actually really, really, dull and unfunny and not really even likable and frankly, by now, who cares who he marries, the poor cow. Oh and Lilly had a baby. She's still an idiot and a tedious bore she's stilll nowhere near good enough for marshall. SHE is the reacher and MARSHALL is the settler here. Anyway, baby trope, yawn.

haha misdirection... we fooled you. Right, good one, half-time change...but it really only works when you actually really care and for me it's just too late for that. They've let the central concept drag on so long that it's polluted the show and overshadowed the development of what might have been a half-decent set of characters. Is it really too much to hope for that for a short run of episodes we might not have to put up with this now absurd Barney/Robin/Ted love triangle. I mean, who would even be friends in that situation, really, eww, constantly trying to fall in love with or screw or have kids with each other.

I really can't find much if anything positive to say about it. Time to go. Plenty of other great telly to watch.

Agreed, the show started off well, its first few seasons were good but now it's pure ****. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I've already watched 7 seasons so I may as well finish off the whole thing, next season is supposed to be the last I heard so one more season should be bearable.
Thought the finale was really cheesy.
tesco value cheese. no substance
Original post by ThaChronic
Agreed, the show started off well, its first few seasons were good but now it's pure ****. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I've already watched 7 seasons so I may as well finish off the whole thing, next season is supposed to be the last I heard so one more season should be bearable.

Seriously? Jesus Christ. They've spent so long with this plot you'd think they'd at least carry it on long enough to get to know the mother, see them marry and have one or two of the kids. Otherwise it'll just be a huge anticlimax.
Original post by alexs2602
Seriously? Jesus Christ. They've spent so long with this plot you'd think they'd at least carry it on long enough to get to know the mother, see them marry and have one or two of the kids. Otherwise it'll just be a huge anticlimax.

It could just be a rumour about it being the last season and I doubt it will be though.

Spoiler

Original post by ThaChronic
It could just be a rumour about it being the last season and I doubt it will be though.

Spoiler

True but the kids are born in 2015, I think we figured. So they only have 3 years for Ted to meet the mother, for them to have kids and likely marry. So they have to meet and soon! I just hope they don't choose to leave it until the last minute so that the only possible solution would be to have Ted knock the mother up accidentally not long after meeting her. That would be bad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 747
Glad they brought Victoria back though its sad that she won't be the one (should be though), Robin was obvious.

Ranked seasons...

7 (worst one yet)
Reply 748
Spoilers please :fyi:

I think I'll have to take a few more seasons of this **** :colonhash:

We all know what next season will be about :sigh:

Just get it done and over with ffs :angry: or maybe i'll quit watching and end for the show to be over so one day I could sit in my and watching all that is left in one sitting :holmes:
Reply 749
I miss Nora, she was the hottest out of of the show as well :sad:

One female on the show I definitely would have as well :sogood:

And maybe Lilly's doctor :mmm:
Reply 750
I really want to stop watching this utter tripe because quite frankly, it doesnt deserve any second of my life.....
but i've invested 7 seasons of my life into it and like a gambler down to his last few pounds i'm going to keep feeding it in, in the hope it pays out. It won't though, will it.

Sad. I am a sad case.
It was a pretty good double episode. So happy that Robin is (probably) marrying Barney. :biggrin:
Original post by RabbitCFH
It was a pretty good double episode. So happy that Robin is (probably) marrying Barney. :biggrin:

I knew it would be her :biggrin:
Original post by pinkmonkey3
I knew it would be her :biggrin:

It's awesome :biggrin: Barney is boring and lame with Quinn.
Original post by RabbitCFH
It's awesome :biggrin: Barney is boring and lame with Quinn.

But the proposal was amazing!
That was awful.
Original post by pinkmonkey3
But the proposal was amazing!

Meh, it was okay, too weird. :tongue:
Reply 757
Pfft, Quinn is hotter than Robin. Barney dun goofed.
Reply 758
Nora > Quinn > Robin

tbf
Robin <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending