The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

is it normal to be able to recall about 70 kanji characters that I have learned in a week?
Reply 1881
Original post by Remarqable M
is it normal to be able to recall about 70 kanji characters that I have learned in a week?

It depends on the number of strokes! If you could remember, read and write 70 complex kanji in week that would be amazing!
Reply 1882
It also depends on how long you'll remember them - it's probably still in your short-term memory.
I don't think this is hard to do, what is difficult in my opinion is to retain the kanji in the long-term memory, and even more so, not forgetting them (it's amazing the pace at which you forget them without practice).
I really love japan and i hope to go there soon!!! If i learn it i would do it after my studies as i already plan to take french as an A-level but japanese will always be in my mind. The truth is i actually got into it because of animes such as naruto, one piece and DBZ:smile::smile:LOVE ANIME! But the real embarassement is that i REALLY had a passion to learn it because of yaois :colondollar: so embarrased! It was because no one would really scanlate the mangas so i really wanted to help out my yaoi community, everyone should be free to read yaoi!

Ok moving swiftly on....yeah it has the best culture hands down, then french, then spain :tongue:
Really i hope to be active in this thread in the near future!!!!
Reply 1884
Original post by fait
おめでとう 俺も 九州大学で 留学する 福岡に 出発する

ドラマ よく 見てない ど、 日本人 知らない 日本語 面白い と思った

おそく 返信 して ごめん。
ありがとう! 今 、まだ 決めて ない。 授業が 九月 終わり 始まる から、 10日 から 20までに 出発 しよう 思って いる。 授業 はじめ 前に 一週間 ぐらい 引っ越した り、 福岡 探検 したり できれば いいと 思う。
Faitさん いつ から いつまで 留学 するか たしか ある ポスト 夏のとき 言った …。

そう ね。 「日本人 知らない 日本語」 という ドラマ まだ 見た。 実際は 、ドラマ だけ ではなくて、 映画 探して いる。 日本語 練習 できれば どう でも いい。
(edited 11 years ago)
How do i write in Japanese on my computer?
Original post by Emissionspectra
How do i write in Japanese on my computer?

You can use this which translates the romaji: http://gate2home.com/Japanese-Keyboard

Or just buy a japanese keyboard :tongue:
Reply 1887
... or you can do what the ton of websites that turn up when googling "how to type in japanese" explain, ie simply add a Japanese keyboard to your language bar.
Language bar -> Parameters -> Add a keyboard -> Japanese, Microsoft IME
Is it ok to go to Japan if you cant speak an Asian language or would you get totally lost?!
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Is it ok to go to Japan if you cant speak an Asian language or would you get totally lost?!

Of course, its a challenge sometimes but that's part of the fun!

i went a few weeks ago with a friend with neither of us knowing any japanese/another asian language and it was sooo easy! we had a bit of difficulty in the less touristy, more remote parts but tokyo and most of osaka,kyoto and hiroshima we're extremely useful and english friendly :smile: Most of the subway maps are in english, buts its good to have a pocket one incase you come across one that isn't! not sure about the northern or southern parts of the country though....

Just go for it! :biggrin:
Original post by pongalo
i went a few weeks ago with a friend with neither of us knowing any japanese/another asian language and it was sooo easy! we had a bit of difficulty in the less touristy, more remote parts but tokyo and most of osaka,kyoto and hiroshima we're extremely useful and english friendly :smile: Most of the subway maps are in english, buts its good to have a pocket one incase you come across one that isn't! not sure about the northern or southern parts of the country though....

Just go for it! :biggrin:

Thanks for that. How much did this holiday cost and how long did you stay for?
こにちは
Reply 1893
Original post by Emissionspectra
こにちは

にちは
Reply 1894
My AS Japanese exam is tomorrow, 2 hours and 45 minutes! :eek:
What cool places would you recommend I go, I like Samurai culture!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Thanks for that. How much did this holiday cost and how long did you stay for?

We went for 3 weeks and i think it cost around £1500-1800 which is actually pretty cheap, but i did have to skrimp and not buy everything i wanted to. It helped that our flights we about £540 which was a lot cheaper than most. I can suggest hostels in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima, if you've not already got accomadation :smile:
I really love japan and i hope to go there soon!!! If i learn it i would do it after my studies as i already plan to take french as an A-level but japanese will always be in my mind. The truth is i actually got into it because of animes such as naruto, one piece and DBZLOVE ANIME! But the real embarassement is that i REALLY had a passion to learn it because of yaois so embarrased! It was because no one would really scanlate the mangas so i really wanted to help out my yaoi community, everyone should be free to read yaoi!

Ok moving swiftly on....yeah it has the best culture hands down, then french, then spain
Really i hope to be active in this thread in the near future!!!!

Hi, I just wanted to say that was really similar to me. I got into to the Japanese culture through watching anime when I was younger (as I well as a trip there), and I'm just finishing off a French A level this year. I'm hoping to learn some Japanese next year. Spooky. :smile:
Really would love to learn Japanese <3
Original post by Natalie21
Really would love to learn Japanese <3

Do it.

Quick Reply

Latest