The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ETHICS EXAMS 1 AND 2 B603/04 Post- Exam Discussion (15th May 2012)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R.P.Everything.
There was an instruction on the answer booklet about ruling off after each answer. Does this mean after each individual answer, or each collective 'abcde' question?

Either way, I totally forgot about that...so does anyone know how the scripts are marked (and whether mine will be disqualified for this?). I did number my questions in the margins, with 4a, 4b, etc.

I thought it meant after each section so abcde. I did it but I am sure they won;t care at all if you had put a line in or not. I didn't notice any of my peers do it though!
Reply 61
Original post by GreenLantern1
Let's just leave this now because we are obviously not going to end in agreement but if you will note I didn't give a difference between respond to and work against because the exam paper question included 'challenge' not 'respond to' as you believe for some reason.

fair enough +rep for discussion :wink: (actually can't for some reason, though I can't remember rating you, will eventually)
Reply 62
Original post by mrk.lgn
Anyone else do the first 2 sections on both papers?

I did the first 2 sections on both papers, and found paper 2 harder.
Reply 63
Original post by tonequads
I did the first 2 sections on both papers, and found paper 2 harder.

I feel exactly the same way! I was feeling pretty confident 'til I got to the second paper and had to try and make up some Biblical evidence for why some Christians feel it's their duty to convert others for that 12 mark answer..
Reply 64
Original post by OllieWolly
I feel exactly the same way! I was feeling pretty confident 'til I got to the second paper and had to try and make up some Biblical evidence for why some Christians feel it's their duty to convert others for that 12 mark answer..

For that question I wrote it was wrong because Jesus said you shouldn't display your religion, but during the exam I was unsure if I had just made up that teaching and i also wrote Jesus said "In my father's house there are many rooms" so there are different paths to heaven.
Reply 65
For that question I wrote it was wrong because Jesus said you shouldn't display your religion, but during the exam I was unsure if I had just made up that teaching and i also wrote Jesus said "In my father's house there are many rooms" so there are different paths to heaven.

I quoted that too for the Christian viewpoint that would agree with it.. I also put something about Corymeela, a place in Ireland where all the Christians work together (Ecumenism).. But then for the Christian view that would agree with it my mind just went completely blank :/ I made up a bible quote 'Spread the word of Christ' and then said something about saving others from hell :/
Original post by metaltron
fair enough +rep for discussion :wink: (actually can't for some reason, though I can't remember rating you, will eventually)

Nice to see someone who can act rationally on TSR for a change:wink:

The one I used was:

" I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)
Reply 68

so did i! very proud of that quote!!! made me smile in the exam!:biggrin:
Reply 69
The one I used was:

" I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)

You mean there's actually a quote for it?! Whoops.. Well hopefully the examiner will take pity on my and accept my attempt at a quote :tongue:
Reply 70
I quoted that too for the Christian viewpoint that would agree with it.. I also put something about Corymeela, a place in Ireland where all the Christians work together (Ecumenism).. But then for the Christian view that would agree with it my mind just went completely blank :/ I made up a bible quote 'Spread the word of Christ' and then said something about saving others from hell :/

I did something similar but wrote "spread the good news" and that evangelical Christians feel its their duty to convert others, as they are saving them from hell.
Reply 71
The one I used was:

I used that one :biggrin:
Reply 72
I did something similar but wrote "spread the good news" and that evangelical Christians feel its their duty to convert others, as they are saving them from hell.

That makes me feel slightly better actually.. Maybe I will actually get some marks on that question! :smile:
Reply 73
Did anyone do the capital punishment question, we have to included the four aims right?
Reply 74
Did anyone do the capital punishment question, we have to included the four aims right?

The 12 mark one about it's never justifiable or something? Erm.. I don't think I wrote all four.. I might've mentioned reform, repentance and forgiveness in there somewhere though
Reply 75
Original post by R.P.Everything.
I hope this ruler line drawing thing doesn't come back to hit me. If the scripts are scanned and marked online, that could be a problem.

There was a ruler line thing?! I'm pretty sure no one at my school did that.. Someone read through the instructions at the start and I don't remember them saying we had to do that
Reply 76
I didn't see a ruler line thing:s-smilie:. :confused:
I just checked last years paper, it doesn't say anything about ruling under questions.
What did people put for the explain why Christians have different attitudes towards euthanasia?
Reply 78
Original post by Spiky_Roses
What did people put for the explain why Christians have different attitudes towards euthanasia?

I said the bible isn't clear and then pretty much just listed Christian views (e.g Doctrine of Double effect - it's okay to kill them if your main aim was to stop pain and it resulted in their death)
Original post by _MissB
Can someone post the human relations questions please!

Correct me if I'm wrong guys - Questions for Human Relationships.

a) What is marriage
b) Give two reasons why Christians may refuse to have sex before marriage
c) Describe a Christian response to a person who is getting divorced and remarried
d) Explain Christian views on the use of contraception
e) Divorce is sometimes necessary
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending