The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by restoration
Hey :smile: Course your allowed to join in here! You don't need to fight against anything, what you feel is what you feel :smile: When I first started realising that I was attracted to guys I felt bad about it, pretty similar to you I guess but then I realised there is no point you can't choose who your attracted too. What you can do is be comfortable in yourself! Whatever you feel is normal and it's okay :smile:

Hello, and thank you. :smile:

But what I feel is not what a girl is supposed to feel. Or let's say that's what like 80% of the people I know are thinking about it.
Of course it is okay, and I realied for myself that it's the better way to accept me, as I really am. But I'm too afraid. Of looks, and of talks. I just want to be normal. And I'm pretty sure, that my family won't accept it. And that's a real shame.. :redface:
Original post by goodcookies
I have a horrible horrible presentation on Thursday. Does anyone know if Kalms works? Or would I be better off downing a couple of tequila shots (or five) beforehand? :tongue:

I'm sorry, I didn't have any personal experiences with Kalms. :biggrin: If I had the choice, I'd take the second option. :tongue:
What is your presentation about?
Original post by warriorheart
Thanks for your kind words. :h: And it's reassuring to hear that you're able to understand me. Because my thoughts circled the whole time around things like '' Do they know what I mean? Is that the right expression?'' :biggrin:

Actually, I know what I am. And I accept it. But I'm pretty sure that my family won't do. And that's why I always try to tell myself that it is just a phase or something. I'm so afraid of telling them the truth. Sometimes, or even the whole time I'm thinking that I'd rather emigrate and start a new beginning than telling my family the truth about myself. :redface:

:smile: No problem!

That's great that you're comfortable with yourself. What makes you think that your family won't accept you, though? I thought that my family - particularly my grandparents - wouldn't accept me, but they've all been really supportive. :smile:

Do you still live with your parents?
In other news... Where do they get these "willing volunteers" for Embarrassing Bodies... :lolwut:

There's a guy that's been on there tonight and I just can't understand it.

"I've got a totally ruined penis. Won't it be fun to whip it out on telly..."

W.
T.
F.
Reply 2424
Just saw this...

Original post by mmmpie
Just saw this...

Powerful.
Reply 2426
Original post by mmmpie
Just saw this...

Rather stirring. Although probably the least powerful of the lot, I am the guy on the left.
I have a horrible horrible presentation on Thursday. Does anyone know if Kalms works? Or would I be better off downing a couple of tequila shots (or five) beforehand? :tongue:

Don't do the shots...

I tried, I failed. Although I did it with sambuca, hadn't eaten for a few days and shot 7 of them. Still, had enough courage to stumble to the lecture :cool:

Unfortunately none of my classmates could understand the slurring and apparently giggling half way through isn't acceptable.

:colondollar: I'm surprised I didn't get kicked from the course, but thankfully my lecturer was very understanding :redface:
I just did the stupidest thing I've ever done in university yet - sober too - I locked myself out of my flat and block, by leaving my keys in my bedroom door. I am officially a GENIUS! (sarcasm)
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I just did the stupidest thing I've ever done in university yet - sober too - I locked myself out of my flat and block, by leaving my keys in my bedroom door. I am officially a GENIUS! (sarcasm)

That's gonna cost you...
Original post by Mad Vlad
That's gonna cost you...

I've found it again now, the porters were kind enough to lend me a spare. I shouldn't think I will be fined, but worse case scenario is £30 which is a fair bit.
Back from Glasgow this evening, had such a nice time it sucks to be back. Le sigh. I miss my boys. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow ><

Original post by Crisps
True, but they don't protect the screen, which is my downfall! :tongue:

Also, the other day I mentioned Tommy Bastow, the hot guy in the BT adverts (not the long haired ginger thing) being rather yummy. In fact, absolutely delicious!

Ugh. The ginger is way hotter.

Original post by dbmag9
Breakfast martini for breakfast, while writing an essay. Be proud, Mike. :awesome:

I am very proud.

Original post by mmmpie
Works for me, I've had it before. Temazepam is awful though - I get paradoxical side effects from Temazepam - panic attacks which keep me awake.

Temazepam is terrible as a sleeping pill, especially if used for more than a couple of days. The addiction/dependence/ceiling effects alone are bad, not to mention the high side effect profile.
I've found it again now, the porters were kind enough to lend me a spare. I shouldn't think I will be fined, but worse case scenario is £30 which is a fair bit.

Lucky. Some unis can be real fascists about it.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Lucky. Some unis can be real fascists about it.

What is/was your uni like in regards to that then?
I never thought searching for holidays would be too difficult. Anyone got any useful comparison sites? Preferably unbiased ones... :biggrin:

I've already used Travel Supermarket, Teletext and Thomas Cook.
What is/was your uni like in regards to that then?

Criminally opportunistic. I never stayed in halls, but I've heard plenty of horror stories.
Reply 2436

I have locked myself out twice when I'd gone for a shower. Cue knocking on someone's door and asking them to go get a spare key from the other side of college - I'd rather not traipse around soaking wet in only my towel :s-smilie:
My window is always open though so if I lock myself out, I just climb through my second door. When I have clothes on, of course...
Original post by warriorheart
Thanks for your answer. :smile:

I'm sorry for my stupid questions, but how did you stop this 'fighting'? How did you overcome your fear?

Yes, and your Dad is absolutely right. He seems to be a very smart and wise guy. But it's a pity that not everyone things the way about that like him.

Just take your time, accept... I think most people on here had a period of denying and then accepting the feelings. It takes time and support, just like yourself for who you are as you only live once!

Tequilla... it fixes everything :biggrin: the one exam i did with a hangover I got my highest mark in!
Original post by CraigKirk
I never thought searching for holidays would be too difficult. Anyone got any useful comparison sites? Preferably unbiased ones... :biggrin:

I've already used Travel Supermarket, Teletext and Thomas Cook.

If you have the time and effort to spare, try and avoid package deals and do the leg work yourself. You frequently end up saving loads.
Original post by Revd. Mike
If you have the time and effort to spare, try and avoid package deals and do the leg work yourself. You frequently end up saving loads.

Okay, good idea, thanks! I think STA Travel are good for flights, right? This is what Ross says.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest