The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business Studies Unit 1 May 14th 2012

Hi! Did anyone do the edexcel business unit 1 paper for edexcel, yesterday?
If so how do you think you did? and do you think it was hard or easy?
Hope you did well :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the multiple choice questions were alright except the one about apple and one other one i cant remember, the exchenge rate one was too easly that was edecxel saying lets give them free marks.
the essay questions were easier than january's.
overall i found it to be easier than i thought it was going to be but i wasnt easy.
i hope i did well!!
Reply 2
For the apple one i think I put the price sales and volume increase? but i don't know if it was right?
and yeah the exchange rates answer was £7 something which was easy to work out for the last multiple choice question
Reply 3
Hey guys, this paper was ok, i dont know why i have a feeling i did bad :frown:

as far as i can remember the answers:
1) secondary research
2) This was about car production this was very confusing i did market orientation
3) Electricity- question about uni students moving home
4) Niche Market - question about lipsticks
5) Nightclub- reduced Unemployment
6)-
7) apple one i wrote sales and volume increase
8) £7.35 or something like that

please fill in the gaps and correct me if im wrong :smile:
Reply 4
Can you remember the full question for 8? have a bad feeling I got it wrong :/
Reply 5
Original post by Student-101
Can you remember the full question for 8? have a bad feeling I got it wrong :/

yh kinda it said something about the exchange rate for a bus fare and something else. It was £1:1.20euro
and it gave us two figures so we had to add them= 8.9 (aroundish)
so then you had to do 8.9/1.2 = 7.41 something
and the answer was £7.42 ( it was the one with the £7 something for sure cant remember exact figure)
Reply 6
you could have also checked as £7.42=£8.9
so £1= 1.19 which rounds to 1.20 Euro
Original post by CMPUNK
Hey guys, this paper was ok, i dont know why i have a feeling i did bad :frown:

1) secondary research
2) This was about car production this was very confusing i did market orientation
3) Electricity- question about uni students moving home
4) Niche Market - question about lipsticks
5) Nightclub- reduced Unemployment
6)-
7) apple one i wrote sales and volume increase
8) £7.35 or something like that

please fill in the gaps and correct me if im wrong :smile:

did exactly the same as this!
Reply 8
Original post by ScottENGLAND
did exactly the same as this!

Can you remember the question i missed out?
Original post by CMPUNK
Can you remember the question i missed out?

i really dont mate sorry, ive tried!
let me know if u remember!
Reply 10
Original post by CMPUNK

1) secondary research = correct
2) This was about car production this was very confusing i did market orientation = correct
3) Electricity- question about uni students moving home = correct
4) Niche Market - question about lipsticks = correct
5) Nightclub- reduced Unemployment = correct
6)-????????
7) apple one i wrote sales and volume increase ??????????
8) £7.35 or something like that = correct

you have nothing to worry about you did good in mc if you explained everything right and done definitions and explained why one other one is wong

how did you do on the essay questions though???
Reply 11
Original post by eddoonn
you have nothing to worry about you did good in mc if you explained everything right and done definitions and explained why one other one is wong

how did you do on the essay questions though???

ah the essay ones were ok, i found the overdraft one kind of hard, didn't know too much to write a 8mark answer . Also the market mapping kind of caught me by surprise i think i got like 3/6 on that one. How bout you were your answers similar to mine for Multi choice and how did you find the essay questions? also what did you write on the overdraft quesiton?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by CMPUNK
ah the essay ones were ok, i found the overdraft one kind of hard, didn't know too much to write a 8mark answer . Also the market mapping kind of caught me by surprise i think i got like 3/6 on that one. How bout you were your answers similar to mine for Multi choice and how did you find the essay questions? also what did you write on the overdraft quesiton?

yeah the overdraaft one was meh. i got like 5 but not enough for higher than that. yeah my multiple choice was exactly like yours but i cant remeber what number 6 was :angry:. market mapping was a piece of cake my class spent like 2 weeks about it because half of the class are retards so it really embeded in my brain. i hope unit 2 has the same style of 12 mark or higher questions split up. imagine what it would of been if it was about market mapping and it was a 12 mark question :eek:
Isn't the answer for question 3 Holidays. Surely electricity would increase if there is a larger amount of people in the household.
Original post by calumbagnall123
Isn't the answer for question 3 Holidays. Surely electricity would increase if there is a larger amount of people in the household.

no because two households, on a larger scale, would use more than one.. so if they were sharing a house rather than buying their own, lots of electricity would be saved
can anyone remember if question 7 was a,b,c or d?
Original post by ScottENGLAND
no because two households, on a larger scale, would use more than one.. so if they were sharing a house rather than buying their own, lots of electricity would be saved

I can see your point, however I said that holidays will decrease because the family will have less disposable income due to the need to feed/cloth more people.
However I do believe this is a silly question, not really business related.
Reply 17
Original post by emily.bennett
can anyone remember if question 7 was a,b,c or d?

i think it was D
Reply 18
Original post by eddoonn
yeah the overdraaft one was meh. i got like 5 but not enough for higher than that. yeah my multiple choice was exactly like yours but i cant remeber what number 6 was :angry:. market mapping was a piece of cake my class spent like 2 weeks about it because half of the class are retards so it really embeded in my brain. i hope unit 2 has the same style of 12 mark or higher questions split up. imagine what it would of been if it was about market mapping and it was a 12 mark question :eek:

:eek: i hope i get a A/B in this unit done this unit 2 times now and got C C (64ums twice), this was my last chance as im in A2 :frown:. I got an A in Unit 2 though first time round, but cant seem to get this out the way lol.
Reply 19
Original post by calumbagnall123
I can see your point, however I said that holidays will decrease because the family will have less disposable income due to the need to feed/cloth more people.
However I do believe this is a silly question, not really business related.

it was definitely electricity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending