AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wtf was q2-9n vfupoisagbjh3lrgvpifes gbiu3hre[ogbfip[brehgi4pt5nwhb'k ! :angry:
Original post by Cath-ay
Would like the 'A' grade boundary to be 30/75 :smile:

I certainly hope so :smile:
Reply 22
First 6 were okay, 7 I forgot to root the 3 leaving me with +/- 3 :frown: then I saw the last 2 questions and wanted to stick my pen in my eyes.
Reply 23
(tanx+1)(sin2x-3cos2x) find the values of tan.. and hence solve.
Reply 24
was okay apart from the last question and i had no ideas how to do qeestion 8 ( make a quadratic equation to show only one root) ....did any 1 else get 222 cm sq fro are of the sector thingy and like 0.177 i think for trapezium rul? around dem values?
Reply 25
I just think the paper was ridiculous, even the find the area of the sector plus triangle bit was hard!!
Original post by kitkat19
was okay apart from the last question and i had no ideas how to do qeestion 8 ( make a quadratic equation to show only one root) ....did any 1 else get 222 cm sq fro are of the sector thingy and like 0.177 i think for trapezium rul? around dem values?

yup:smile:
Reply 27
You will probably only drop 1 mark for missing -root3, guessing you'll get error carried forward in the second part
Reply 28
Original post by BRackett
(tanx+1)(sin2x-3cos2x) find the values of tan.. and hence solve.

(tanθ+1)(sin2θ3cos2θ)=0 (tan \theta + 1)(sin^2 \theta - 3 cos^2\theta) = 0

You will get two equations,
tanθ=1  and  sin2θ3cos2θ=0 tan \theta = -1 \ \ and \ \ sin^2 \theta -3 cos^2 \theta =0

The second equation can be simplified, sin2θ3cos2θ=0    sin2θ=3cos2θ    tan2θ=3    tanθ=±3 sin^2 \theta -3 cos^2 \theta =0 \implies sin^2 \theta = 3 cos^2 \theta \implies tan^2 \theta = 3 \implies tan \theta = \pm \sqrt3
Reply 29
Original post by Gillal
You will probably only drop 1 mark for missing -root3, guessing you'll get error carried forward in the second part

hope so.. i can't see me dropping any more than 3 marks.

what did people get for the 4 mark (yes 4 mark!!!) transformation question.. i got stretch in x direction SF 1/10
Reply 30
Original post by Kev.1995
First 6 were okay, 7 I forgot to root the 3 leaving me with +/- 3 :frown: then I saw the last 2 questions and wanted to stick my pen in my eyes.

I did this too lol
Reply 31
the exam was proper hard. the first few questions were ok but the last questions were really hard. seriously wats with the trig equation!! it was soo hard!!
Reply 32
Original post by mulac1

what did people get for the 4 mark (yes 4 mark!!!) transformation question.. i got stretch in x direction SF 1/10

I got stretch by scale factor 10 in the y-direction, but I think they might be equivalent?
Original post by mulac1

i got stretch in x direction SF 1/(root 10) :confused:
Reply 34
Original post by mulac1

me tooo yayyyyyyyy!!! .... :smile: basically...it was fine apart from the log crap...before the exam i was hoping there would be one est log question, but no they put 2 questions involving logs, totally ruining it for me :frown:

EDIT: actually i think there was 3
(edited 11 years ago)
Did anyone get log(1000/729) for the last question ???
Reply 36
Original post by mulac1

iWhat was the question, i definitely didnt get this right, but i know exactly how to answer it:frown: only 4 marks i have dropped hopefully.
Reply 37
Original post by louisjevans

yup
Reply 38
Did anyone find the shaded area in the arc sector question? What I done was split the whole thing in half so that you get two right angled triangles, and then I worked out the area of that. Then I worked out the arc area, and took that away from the overall area.
Reply 39
Original post by louisjevans

yup

Quick Reply