The Student Room Group

Edexcel Astronomy GCSE 28/05/2012 PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OllieWolly
From what I've heard, seems like most people will be cramming the weekend before! Lets hope they're nice to us with the questions and give us really easy ones? :tongue:

Original post by sahajkaur
yeah hopefully :frown:

Have you guys done any past papers yet? And do you know where to get them because I can only find 1 :frown: Pretty hard GCSE IMO
Original post by Dandaman9999
Have you guys done any past papers yet? And do you know where to get them because I can only find 1 :frown: Pretty hard GCSE IMO

go on the edexcel website :smile:
Reply 22
It went pretty well I think :smile: I did it on lunar features (aided) and the shadow stick readings (unaided). What about you?

Me too bro, high-five! The stick thing was so annoying though haha xD
Reply 23

There are some on the Edexcel website.. I've only done one but my teacher said she'd post some papers for us online :smile: I agree that it's hard though.. I got like 60% in the mock (I didn't revise too much though to be fair..)
There are some on the Edexcel website.. I've only done one but my teacher said she'd post some papers for us online :smile: I agree that it's hard though.. I got like 60% in the mock (I didn't revise too much though to be fair..)

Dude we didnt even get a mock XD haha could you send me some papers if she posts them online?
Reply 25
Dude we didnt even get a mock XD haha could you send me some papers if she posts them online?

I'd hardly call ours a mock really.. She just made us do a past paper for an hour really! :tongue: And yeah.. She's posted them already.. Now I just need to figure out how to send them.. :tongue:
I'd hardly call ours a mock really.. She just made us do a past paper for an hour really! :tongue: And yeah.. She's posted them already.. Now I just need to figure out how to send them.. :tongue:

could you upload them here pretty pleeease (a)
Reply 27
could you upload them here pretty pleeease (a)

If you told me how to do it yeah.. I've only just joined here and I'm pretty clueless about everything :colondollar:
If you told me how to do it yeah.. I've only just joined here and I'm pretty clueless about everything :colondollar:

Press post a reply at the bottom (not quick reply) and it has an option to attach files on there :smile:
Reply 29
I'll give it a go :smile:
Here's the only one I can find atm.. I'll try to post the rest later.. It's an 08 paper and don't know if the syllabus has changed slightly since then.. But it should still do the job :smile:
I'll give it a go :smile:
Here's the only one I can find atm.. I'll try to post the rest later.. It's an 08 paper and don't know if the syllabus has changed slightly since then.. But it should still do the job :smile:

yeah we only have two papers from the current spec unfortunately :frown:

BUT THANKS :biggrin:
Reply 31
yeah we only have two papers from the current spec unfortunately :frown:

BUT THANKS :biggrin:

I know.. AND THAT'S FINE! :biggrin: I'll try to post the others when I get round to it along with the mark schemes :smile: Good luck with cramming in a week or so!
I know.. AND THAT'S FINE! :biggrin: I'll try to post the others when I get round to it along with the mark schemes :smile: Good luck with cramming in a week or so!

Do you ahve any other exams next week? I have one every day. Astronomy will be left to like the day before :colondollar: haha :biggrin: Good luck! AND THANKS IN ADVANCE :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 33
Do you ahve any other exams next week? I have one every day. Astronomy will be left to like the day before :colondollar: haha :biggrin: Good luck! AND THANKS IN ADVANCE :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm doing like 24 exams in total but thankfully not that many next week.. Got Biology units 2+3, English lit units 1 and 4 and Chemistry units 2+3.. Astronomy isn't till the 28th for me so I'll DEFINITELY be leaving it till the day before :biggrin: How many exams you gotta do this year?

Thanks for uploading the paper! I looked on the Edexcel website and only found 1 paper... I think I got an A in my mock :eek::eek::eek: I have no idea how I did it though with no revision :colondollar: Aiming for an A* overall all though once I revise thoroughly this weekend :biggrin:
I'm doing like 24 exams in total but thankfully not that many next week.. Got Biology units 2+3, English lit units 1 and 4 and Chemistry units 2+3.. Astronomy isn't till the 28th for me so I'll DEFINITELY be leaving it till the day before :biggrin: How many exams you gotta do this year?

haha like 22 :'( waaaa

Thanks for uploading the paper! I looked on the Edexcel website and only found 1 paper... I think I got an A in my mock :eek::eek::eek: I have no idea how I did it though with no revision :colondollar: Aiming for an A* overall all though once I revise thoroughly this weekend :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin:
Reply 36
i got really bad on my coursework, would anyone know what the highest i can get for my astronomy gcse is now???? pleaseeee
Reply 37
and has anyone got their results for the coursework yet?

Well done :biggrin:

haha, thanks!

Original post by zed_1998
i got really bad on my coursework, would anyone know what the highest i can get for my astronomy gcse is now???? pleaseeee

I think you got to be more specific than that :tongue: what specific mark did you get? And what grade are you aiming for overall?
I haven't got my results back yet but the others on this thread have :smile:
Reply 39
27/40 :frown: and maybe a ( if its still possible)

Quick Reply