The Student Room Group

Postgraduate application

Hey guys,

Basically I'm currently a final year BSc student and just started applying to Masters recently. The problem is two of my final exams are deferred to late August due to some mitigating circumstances which I do not want to disclose. I will sit those two exams during the last week of August, and probably get my results and degree in mid-September. What worries me is that can I still enrol into master programmes at such a late stage (mid-September) even if I hold some conditional offers?

I tried to ask my friends around me, but no one seems to know someone in a similar situation like this. I have already applied to several unis without informing them about the exam deferrals.

Big thanks to whoever answers my question or give me advices!
Your best bet would be waiting for answers from the universities you've applied to. I would think that you would have to accept a conditional offer and can provisionally enrol until you get your final degree results. This may limit your access to certain resources and may require you to put down a deposit.
Reply 2
Original post by Frankfoot
Hey guys,

Basically I'm currently a final year BSc student and just started applying to Masters recently. The problem is two of my final exams are deferred to late August due to some mitigating circumstances which I do not want to disclose. I will sit those two exams during the last week of August, and probably get my results and degree in mid-September. What worries me is that can I still enrol into master programmes at such a late stage (mid-September) even if I hold some conditional offers?

I tried to ask my friends around me, but no one seems to know someone in a similar situation like this. I have already applied to several unis without informing them about the exam deferrals.

Big thanks to whoever answers my question or give me advices!

Why didn't you inform them of the deferrals? I think your best bet is to ask them direct about this. Some unis may have a date before September by which you have to meet conditions, so only they will be able to tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest