The Student Room Group

Student finance forms - I don't have a colour printer!

This might sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know if the form has to be printed in colour?
I really need to get it sorted tonight/tomorrow and none of my friends seem to have one with ink either, all I have is a b&w printer.
It'd just be annoying if they rejected it because of not having colour? haha, my b&w is pretty good quality anyway?

Thanks
Reply 1
I really doubt it, black and white should be fine. Why don't you just do it online? At least then you won't have to wait for it to reach them for your application to be completed.
Reply 2
Original post by JongKey
I really doubt it, black and white should be fine. Why don't you just do it online? At least then you won't have to wait for it to reach them for your application to be completed.

I have no idea why, but it won't let me do it online, even student finance couldn't tell me what to do, so I have to do it on paper.
I've been waiting 6 weeks now for them to send me the form, only just found out I could print one myself! Cheers anyway, i'll risk the b&w. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah190
I have no idea why, but it won't let me do it online, even student finance couldn't tell me what to do, so I have to do it on paper.
I've been waiting 6 weeks now for them to send me the form, only just found out I could print one myself! Cheers anyway, i'll risk the b&w. :smile:

Is the fact it's not printed in colour going to have any bearing on the black ink letters you're going to be putting in the boxes?

Black and white will be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Mad Vlad
Is the fact it's not printed in colour going to have any bearing on the black ink letters you're going to be putting in the boxes?

Black and white will be fine.

Haha very true, it's just some documents e.g passport forms you have to be so precise, I used blue biro on my passport form once and they wouldn't accept it, as I'm approaching the deadline I wanted to be sure.

Thanks, I'm a lot less stressed about it all now!
Reply 5
Original post by Sarah190
This might sound like a stupid question, but does anyone know if the form has to be printed in colour?
I really need to get it sorted tonight/tomorrow and none of my friends seem to have one with ink either, all I have is a b&w printer.
It'd just be annoying if they rejected it because of not having colour? haha, my b&w is pretty good quality anyway?

Thanks

I dont think colour will matter. Sorry, but i have just spoke to student finance- i tried to apply online and got up to filling out my fathers details and it wont let me- despite being able to fill out my mothers. The women on the phone suggested I start again by printing it and filling it out, where did you find the pdf file?
Reply 6
Original post by Laurenl
I dont think colour will matter. Sorry, but i have just spoke to student finance- i tried to apply online and got up to filling out my fathers details and it wont let me- despite being able to fill out my mothers. The women on the phone suggested I start again by printing it and filling it out, where did you find the pdf file?

Hey Lauren, yeah it definietly doesn't matter about b&w I ended up phoning them. I can't find the exact link, but I just googled the file name of the form and it's here... works for me, hopefully you'll be able to open it.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=dg_200353.pdf&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.direct.gov.uk%2Fprod_consum_dg%2Fgroups%2Fdg_digitalassets%2F%40dg%2F%40en%2F%40educ%2Fdocuments%2Fdigitalasset%2Fdg_200353.pdf&ei=Ite2T7TkHMPF8gP7se29Cg&usg=AFQjCNGDX_B4w0uIzNojKAdn7LwzylTqVQ&cad=rja

Quick Reply

Latest