The Student Room Group

Filling in p46 for job this Summer

Hiya, this probably will sound like a silly question but last 6 April does mean last year 2011 April right? My older sister has gotten me all worried now as she thinks it means last month. :redface:

Your present circumstances
Read all the following statements carefully and enter 'X'
in the one box that applies to you.
A This is my first job since last 6 April and
I have not been receiving taxable Jobseeker's
Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance
or taxable Incapacity Benefit or a state or
occupational pension.
OR
B This is now my only job, but since last 6 April
I have had another job, or have received
taxable Jobseeker's Allowance,
Employment and Support Allowance or
taxable Incapacity Benefit. I do not
Original post by Khodu
Hiya, this probably will sound like a silly question but last 6 April does mean last year 2011 April right? My older sister has gotten me all worried now as she thinks it means last month. :redface:

Your sister's correct - it means 6 April 2012, i.e., the start of the current tax year. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary
Your sister's correct - it means 6 April 2012, i.e., the start of the current tax year. :smile:

Oh man, now I have to tell her she's right and I'm wrong. :colondollar:

Thanks!
Original post by Khodu
Oh man, now I have to tell her she's right and I'm wrong. :colondollar:

Thanks!
Sorry for the bad news :tongue:

Are you happy with how to fill in the form otherwise? :smile:
Reply 4
Sorry for the bad news :tongue:

Are you happy with how to fill in the form otherwise? :smile:

Filled it now, thank you. Do you know what's best to do with money saved up from previous jobs? I have an ISA but I'm not sure what's the point of having it.
Original post by Khodu
Filled it now, thank you. Do you know what's best to do with money saved up from previous jobs? I have an ISA but I'm not sure what's the point of having it.

Save it if you don't need to spend it now. :yep: ISAs are a good bet if you're earning enough to be paying tax, as any interest on them is tax-free.
Reply 6
Save it if you don't need to spend it now. :yep: ISAs are a good bet if you're earning enough to be paying tax, as any interest on them is tax-free.

I just read the brief for the job this summer and it meant 6th April 2011 :redface:

How do I get paid? You will be paid weekly. Please give personal details form and relevant tax forms to [Name]. If you have been in employment since 6th April 2011, please bring in your P45 from your previous employer. If not, fill out the attached P46.

But you're right, saving it is a must, maybe some new clothes will do be good though lol. I'm not sure an ISA is necessary now then.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Khodu
I just read the brief for the job this summer and it meant 6th April 2011 :o:

For the P46? It's concerned with the position for this tax year only. The guidance may be out of date?
Reply 8
For the P46? It's concerned with the position for this tax year only. The guidance may be out of date?

:withstupid:

Wouldn't :ditto: have worked just as well? :tongue: But yeah, thanks for the support. :yy:
Reply 10
Wouldn't :ditto: have worked just as well? :tongue: But yeah, thanks for the support. :yy:

Nope. :withstupid: conveys a different meaning :sadnod:

I don't like :ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending