The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smd4std
would you like to run a genetic diagnosis of me to see if i am turkish?

Hmm yeah. But i'll warn you before, that it requires alot of touch and feel. :wink:
Original post by smd4std
would you like to run a genetic diagnosis of me to see if i am turkish?

hello new person :smile:
soon, we're gonna have ID checks for intruders :tongue:
Reply 1943
Original post by minniiee
hello new person :smile:

ello
Original post by y.yousef
Do you eat kebab?

Shut up. There are lots of Turkish people who haven't eaten Kebap. It's mainly a part of our fast food cuisine abroad served by our diaspora.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Shut up. There are lots of Turkish people who haven't eaten Kebap. It's mainly a part of our fast food cuisine abroad served by our diaspora.

thats the only question you chose to pick up on?

LOOOOOOOOOOOl

Tru dat, i dunnoe any1 who eats 'kebap'..is dat like a mixture of kebab with a bap or sumfin?@

wat dus 'diaspora' mean..luk dont use your middle class words on me, to show ur more superior. :dry:
thats the only question you chose to pick up on?

I imagine the 'do u vote conservatives' question would have ticked you off.

Tru dat, i dunnoe any1 who eats 'kebap'..is dat like a mixture of kebab with a bap or sumfin?@

Ironic. You're questioning another's 'Turkishness' when you refer to kebap as a foreign person would. For your information 'kebap' is merely the Turkish word for 'kebab'.

y.yousef
wat dus 'diaspora' mean..luk dont use your middle class words on me, to show ur more superior. :dry:

I hope you're not inferring that class is determined by one's level of vocabulary. A 'diaspora' is simply 'the movement, migration, or scattering of people away from an established or ancestral homeland'.
(edited 11 years ago)
LOOOOOOOOOOOl

in turkey it's always spelt with a p....

I imagine the 'do u vote conservatives' question would have ticked you off.

i didnt really understand what being conservative had to do with being turkish but i was talking about "what makes you turkish other than your biological preferences"
i was talking about "what makes you turkish other than your biological preferences"

I'm not sure what that means exactly. Perhaps which race we prefer to date or something? :hmmmm2:

Ironic. You're questioning another's 'Turkishness' when you refer to kebap as a foreign person would. For your information 'kebap' is merely the Turkish word for 'kebab'.

I hope you're not inferring that class is determined by one's level of vocabulary. A 'diaspora' is simply 'the movement, migration, or scattering of people away from an established or ancestral homeland'.

luk i didn't know that yeh, so just allow?

oyoyoy, your vocab is next level bro, 'inferring'; and that.
I'm only inferring that a lower class may not prioritise speaking in Recieved Pronunciation all the time, therefore adapting to a local subcultural language. But it doesn't mean they can't speak it.
in turkey it's always spelt with a p....

i didnt really understand what being conservative had to do with being turkish but i was talking about "what makes you turkish other than your biological preferences"

Ooh:redface: i didn't know that... :oops:

most turkish ppl are 'traditional'. neo-conservatives get rid of any other traditons that exist.

wats rong wit me other question...its just asking...what else makes u turkish...like...u eat kababs for brekfast.
I'm not sure what that means exactly. Perhaps which race we prefer to date or something? :hmmmm2:

it is a mystery :holmes:
omg no one understands me here! Allow you all fam! I'm off.!
I'm only inferring that a lower class may not prioritise speaking in Recieved Pronunciation all the time, therefore adapting to a local subcultural language. But it doesn't mean they can't speak it.

What makes you think I speak in this so-called 'Received Pronunciation'? :curious:

y.yousef
wats rong wit me other question...its just asking...what else makes u turkish...like...u eat kababs for brekfast.

A Turkish breakfast, contrary to your belief, is 'put everything on the table: salad, cheese, olives, eggs, sucuk, etc. and some bread'.

Oh, and don't forget the tea.
(edited 11 years ago)
What makes you think I speak in this so-called 'Received Pronunciation'? :curious:

A Turkish breakfast, contrary to your belief, is 'put everything on the table: salad, cheese, olives, eggs, sucuk, etc. and some bread'.

that photo made me miss my grandma's house :frown:
and gozleme :frown:

I LOVE turkish breakfast! my teacher's always like "u guys have cheese, olives, sucuk, salam, jam, bread, eggs, etc nearly every day on the breakfast table whereas we look at them as like weekly specials".. it's the only reason im motivated to wake up.. gonna miss it next year in uni :frown: any places where u guys have turkish breakfasts? :tongue:
that photo made me miss my grandma's house :frown:
and gozleme :frown:

i miss gaining like 5kg in a month at my grandmother's every summer, and then losing it over the year, and then gaining it in the following summer. like a cycle :smile:
it's like gozleme, dolma, pide, etc. every single day!
Original post by aeyurttaser13
i miss gaining like 5kg in a month at my grandmother's every summer, and then losing it over the year, and then gaining it in the following summer. like a cycle :smile:
it's like gozleme, dolma, pide, etc. every single day!

exaaaaccttllyy!
and my grandad used to grow most of the fruit/veg in his garden...
and now they moved house :frown:
Reply 1958
36 hours studying in 48 hours,,but i made it out alive!

Where the kebab at!
exaaaaccttllyy!
and my grandad used to grow most of the fruit/veg in his garden...
and now they moved house :frown:

omg me too! talked to him on the phone a couple weeks back, said the fruits are getting ready for us :smile: grandparents live in a village in manisa so they have a huge garden which they grow different fruits and vegetables, especially grapes every year.. miss it so much :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest