Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last question wasn't the best 18 marks I've ever written... but the rest of the paper was very nice indeed.

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?

ReputationRep:
    Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
    i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priti94)
    How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?
    opposite to the mcdonalds one, thats all i can remember from it!
    i think ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Saaaam_)
    Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
    i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys
    The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing paper.. Easy 6 marks for the opening question, some very basic diagram questions and a brilliant 18 marker. The only one I was a little sceptical about was the YED question.. I got 0 for the USA and 2 for Japan.. Apart from that thought it was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
    I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
    And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare1994)
    The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.
    ah i see, think i did them then..
    if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?

ReputationRep:
    ah i see, think i did them then..
    if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?
    Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
    I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own

ReputationRep:
    Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
    I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own
    god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped

we'll see!
    yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end
    haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!

ReputationRep:
    god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped

we'll see!
    yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end
    haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!
    I just put in a little about tax haha

ReputationRep:
    I just put in a little about tax haha
    was that your alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
    I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
    And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.
    Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Really disliked how the last question was worded. Because of the wording I purposely didn't mention any alternatives

ReputationRep:
    For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.
    dam this is why i should read the article haha oh well idk

ReputationRep:
    i didn't talk about information failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stardust Mirage)
    For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-
    Possibly i personally didn't do much theory on tax i basically said it could be used and to get rid of the externality it would have to be set where social costs meet private benefit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    i didn't talk about information failure
    Me neither nor information provision.

ReputationRep:
    i liked the january paper,
    it's a shame i didn't do well in it,
    looking back at it now, it was bloody easy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.