The Student Room Group

Foundation Courses for Fine Art

Hi.
I am thinking of applying to Goldsmiths and UCL in fine art whom suggest that you complete a foundation year. I haven't done a foundation year in art and I don't think those univesities offer it? I couldn't find it on their websites.

I still want to try and apply for these courses and have done a lot of extra art work and attended workshops in different skills such as printing and life drawing.
I'd be happy to hear some past experiences and advice!
Reply 1
do you want to do your foundation year in 2012/2013, or next year? I am afraid that for the first it's a bit late, no? don't think that there is a foundation course on goldsmiths...but you can easily find foundation courses in and around london...

I am myself doing research at the moment (not sure whether to apply for foundation or directly BA...but it seems like a classic dilemma :wink:)and found a lot of foundation courses in the whole UK that seem attractive to me (not in london though...too expensive for me...)..
Reply 2
Original post by babsiloi
do you want to do your foundation year in 2012/2013, or next year? I am afraid that for the first it's a bit late, no? don't think that there is a foundation course on goldsmiths...but you can easily find foundation courses in and around london...

I am myself doing research at the moment (not sure whether to apply for foundation or directly BA...but it seems like a classic dilemma :wink:)and found a lot of foundation courses in the whole UK that seem attractive to me (not in london though...too expensive for me...)..

I would be starting in 2013. Yeah - I've heard a lot of people haven't needed to do the foundation course too.
Either way, I don't mind too much because so many people have said how beneficial they are!

Quick Reply

Latest