The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3260
Original post by Aiko
Currently procrastinating at work by posting on here. :tongue:

Welcome to the Society. :smile: Have you been watching anime for long and do you have a favourite genre?

Ty, yh, I been watching Anime and reading manga since like forever. Favourite genre nothing particular, just catch what's on now, but mostly Comedy,Action,Horror.

Watching FateZero S2/ Naruto/ Fairy Tail atm /Hunter X Hunter
Interest in Japanesse Voice acting for a while, wanted to know who voice my favourite characters,adds to my interest when watching new Animes.

What Anime you watching atm?
Original post by vin

I happened to have liked most of jormungand so far.:smile: I certainly wouldnt call that "operasaurus"arc terrible.:nah: I thought that had one of the more amusing action scenes yet. An experienced asassin running into an open area and standing in the middle with a shield and so forth.:mmm: There hasnt been alot of character development beyond Jonah and Koko but they've been slowly revealing some back story for the others. Its still pretty early anyway. :smile:

The reason I thought it was terrible is that it broke the immersion almost completely.

Spoiler

Basically, if the duo's background was explained, then it would have been better but the lack of development for team operasaurus made it like a generic shootout show. Where were they shooting even, they were in open half the time :tongue:

However at times jormungand takes a black lagoon type of action.:mmm:

I keep hearing the comparison but I think Jormungand will take a completely different route. Despite lack of excitement from operasaur the rest has been great, if anything, its black lagoons with a lot of the holes filled in. I think it will probably be better than black lagoon. :yes:

Original post by AngryJellyfish

Is Upotte! good then? Is it meant to be a moe comedy? Admittedly, I let my first hand poster bias get the better of me. After already picking up like 18 shows this season, I didn't think it would be worth the addition, but I'm hearing things. Not bad things either :beard:
(edited 11 years ago)
I found Jormungand quite enjoyable, maybe because I haven't watched dark shows like this for quite a while. I think we can forgive the unrealistic shootout scenes since it's the norm in other media anyway. As for the character development, it's starting to show with the other characters now so it'll probably be less about Koko from here on (although I wasn't complaining before, she was quite the character :giggle:)
Reply 3263
Original post by Facticity
Japan is going great thank you, I had a very eventful Golden Week. Travelling through Miyajima, Hiroshima, Osaka and Kyoto - tiring and expensive :tongue: We should definitely look into the possibility of a meet up. :yes:

I think you've seen more of the country than me. :tongue: So, I'm assuming you've been spending more time travelling than anything else? Did you like the places you visited, specifically Kyoto? How about your work with the Red Cross? Made any friends? How do you find getting around? Aha, apologies for the many questions, I'm just curious. :redface:

As for my plans, I'll be staying mostly in Tokyo, but will be heading to Kyoto for a wedding. I'll post closer to the time. :smile:

It has turned out to be pretty good. The operasaurus arc (which is a made up name by me due to the events & characters) was a token I think, apart from that, its been fascinating and pretty action filled. The weakest aspect is definitely the lack of any detailed character development for the majority of the cast, which is a shame because there are a lot of potentially very interesting people in the team, but the lead's (Koko) enthusiasm and effervescent antics, have kept the show engaging and amusing. So, watch it for Koko basically. If not for her, I don't know that it would be that interesting. Hmm, might be best left until the end, but that's because it would be good to marathon, as opposed to it being a bad show.

I see, interesting. I can't say I was overly enthralled by the first episode, not enough to carry on watching, but after your appraisal, I think I'll give it another go this weekend. :smile:

Zetman has definitely become engaging, a pity about the awful, awful choice of music for the OP. That might be my bias but it's by far the worst OP of the year so far :tongue:

I'm not fond of it either. Thankfully, I tend to skip the opening and ending sequences after I've seen them once. :tongue:
Reply 3264

Is Upotte! good then? Is it meant to be a moe comedy? Admittedly, I let my first hand poster bias get the better of me. After already picking up like 18 shows this season, I didn't think it would be worth the addition, but I'm hearing things. Not bad things either :beard:

Its one of those so bad its good type things. The amount of effort they put into it makes it worth the watch imo. Plus gun facts.
Reply 3265
Original post by Japs
Ty, yh, I been watching Anime and reading manga since like forever. Favourite genre nothing particular, just catch what's on now, but mostly Comedy,Action,Horror.

Ah, similar to me then. :smile:

Watching FateZero S2/ Naruto/ Fairy Tail atm /Hunter X Hunter

I'm watching the second season of Fate/Zero too. It's definitely one of the better things that's airing at the moment. I also anticipate the next episode of Naruto, even though I'm always left slightly disappointed by how much they cover each week. :tongue:

Interest in Japanesse Voice acting for a while, wanted to know who voice my favourite characters,adds to my interest when watching new Animes.

I'm something of a seiyuu nerd. :P For as long as I can remember, I've always taken an active interest in this area. I can generally identify most seiyuu, certainly those who are currently working, simply by listening to their voice, and have a reasonably grounded knowledge of their past roles.

What Anime you watching atm?

Easier to link to my watching list on Anime-Planet:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Matisse/anime/watching
just started watching haiyore nyaruko-san, what a character she is :laugh: that pokemon reference :awesome:

Upotte is... inconsistent. More of a guilty pleasure than anything. Some episodes are firmly in ecchi comedy territory, in particular the first and third eps, but when the series does choose to focus on guns over girls it's pretty good in my opinion. It's clear the creators are huge gun freaks, or have at least done their research, which is why I'll stand by my earlier statement that Jormungand (while still being the better show) could learn a thing or two from Upotte. :p:
Reply 3268
Original post by eugenius 8
just started watching haiyore nyaruko-san, what a character she is :laugh: that pokemon reference :awesome:

I decided to put this one on hold after a few episodes due to the lack of time. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, though. :giggle:
Reply 3269
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Oh that's what its from.:erm:

I keep hearing the comparison but I think Jormungand will take a completely different route. Despite lack of excitement from operasaur the rest has been great, if anything, its black lagoons with a lot of the holes filled in. I think it will probably be better than black lagoon. :yes:

Its already taking a different route, but I made the comparison purely because of the action scenes.
Reply 3270
Original post by eugenius 8

Its so reference heavy that someone started a blog recording all of them

http://nyaruref.blogspot.co.uk/

Also if the series was written by lovecraft:

(edited 11 years ago)
I might start to watch it then, I love shows that have this 'I see what you did there' feeling :giggle:
Original post by Aiko
I think you've seen more of the country than me. :tongue: So, I'm assuming you've been spending more time travelling than anything else? Did you like the places you visited, specifically Kyoto? How about your work with the Red Cross? Made any friends? How do you find getting around? Aha, apologies for the many questions, I'm just curious. :redface:

As for my plans, I'll be staying mostly in Tokyo, but will be heading to Kyoto for a wedding. I'll post closer to the time. :smile:

No problem, take it to PM as it's quite out of place here :tongue:

I see, interesting. I can't say I was overly enthralled by the first episode, not enough to carry on watching, but after your appraisal, I think I'll give it another go this weekend. :smile:

I'd at least say give it a couple eps, though, the after the operasaurus arc (eps 3-4) it has picked up even more.

I'm not fond of it either. Thankfully, I tend to skip the opening and ending sequences after I've seen them once. :tongue:

I used to but for some reason I find myself listening to the OPs, mainly because they are great, like Sakamichi's or Amnesia's.
Reply 3273
No problem, take it to PM as it's quite out of place here :tongue:

Sure, I await your PM. :smile: Alternatively, you could post in the chat thread (it needs some activity). :tongue:

I'd at least say give it a couple eps, though, the after the operasaurus arc (eps 3-4) it has picked up even more.

Will do. :smile:

I used to but for some reason I find myself listening to the OPs, mainly because they are great, like Sakamichi's or Amnesia's.

Very few have gave me the inclination to re-watch them, and those that have weren't necessarily great; more catchy, if anything.
Zetman looks really good as an anime. Hope it continues as it is and gets better!
Finished Baccano! today. That was pretty awesome :yep: Need sequel!
Reply 3277
Original post by R£SP£CT
Zetman looks really good as an anime. Hope it continues as it is and gets better!

I heard it's a complete and utter travesty as far as adaptations go.

Edit:

Yesterday's Fate and today's Aquarion. Oh my. Missed Hyouka, so gonna have to catch it later.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tabris
I heard it's a complete and utter travesty as far as adaptations go.

:ditto: Every other existing fan of the manga that I've come across seems to hate it. :sadnod:

As someone who hasn't read the original, I'd say the anime is passable viewing - serious pacing issues early on, and the animation/direction can be all over the place at times, but it seems to be improving. :dontknow:
Original post by Aiko
I decided to put this one on hold after a few episodes due to the lack of time. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, though. :giggle:

cool :five: its quite a fun show :teeth:

Original post by Carecup
Its so reference heavy that someone started a blog recording all of them

http://nyaruref.blogspot.co.uk/

Also if the series was written by lovecraft:

oh wow i didnt even notice most of those references :laugh: im up to ep 5 now, think i'll do some rewatching :teeth:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest