The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA B PSYB1 23rd May 2012

is anyone doing this exam? cause most of the threads here are based on psychology AQA A :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lumayaa
is anyone doing this exam? cause most of the threads here are based on psychology AQA A :frown:

I did it in January - i'm doing PSYB2 this time round :smile: I know it's really hard to find AQA B threads! Did you want some help on anything? :smile:
Reply 2
im resitting too! how on earth do you remember everything.. thats my trouble :frown:
Resitting this paper! Going to flop ... again :frown:

Research methods is so dead!
Reply 4
Original post by Harriet : )
I did it in January - i'm doing PSYB2 this time round :smile: I know it's really hard to find AQA B threads! Did you want some help on anything? :smile:

i'm resiting both unit 1 and 2. haha i got B's but i want A's so overall i get an A :colondollar:

and basically what is the best way to cram in the whole unit in 5 days ? haha
Reply 5
Original post by amy269
im resitting too! how on earth do you remember everything.. thats my trouble :frown:

haha, you don't, you just blab on and make it look very intelligent. i'd focus on the 10 mark essays if i was you, that's what i'm doing. so keep making plans for the approaches, and for biopsychology it's usually the methods of cortical something, and the scans, so plan A01 and A02 for all. at this stage, past papers and essay questions are the best option :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by GeeGaryJunior
Resitting this paper! Going to flop ... again :frown:

Research methods is so dead!

:cool:you still have some time to revise, so think positive!
and research method is quite easy i'd say. unit 4 is going to be hell :colone:
Original post by lumayaa
i'm resiting both unit 1 and 2. haha i got B's but i want A's so overall i get an A :colondollar:

and basically what is the best way to cram in the whole unit in 5 days ? haha

Ah fair enough, just past papers and essay plans really :smile:

You got any predictions for unit 2? :smile:
Does anybody know if they have taken investigating genetic basis of behaviour out of the spec as I don't know whether to learn it or not?
Reply 9
Hey, on the exam for unit 2, is it going to be social influence, remembering and forgetting, perceptual processes and anxiety disorders? Can't remember which I've done from the book, silly me.
The best way to get 8+ marks on the 10 mark questions is to plan ALL the possible questions that could come up and study what the mark scheme want you to say.

I done this last night with the approaches and gender development.

Just read over research methods a few times and it should stick in your mind.

I hope this technique gets me an A! :smile: & I wish all of you good luck as well!

The grade boundaries aren't very high either, usually around 40-45 for an A when its out of 60!
I've done every past paper possible to help revising. This is my 3rd time doing the exam, got a U (Jan2011) the first time round and a B (Jun2011) last time round. Hoping for an A this time. A tip I would give you for some last minute cramming would be:

For each approach to behaviour and gender development, learn the key concepts and assumptions, the strengths and weaknesses and a study from each! You don't want to be caught out by a 4 marker which says name and describe a key study (so aim, method, result, conclusion. No marks for naming one sadly) from the ... approach.
Reply 12
Original post by Harriet : )
A

You got any predictions for unit 2? :smile:

good question actually, i have no idea. does anyone know ?
Reply 13
Original post by jarekd1234
Hey, on the exam for unit 2, is it going to be social influence, remembering and forgetting, perceptual processes and anxiety disorders? Can't remember which I've done from the book, silly me.

it's social influence, remembering and forgetting and anxiety disorders

well for us atleast. make sure you check with your teacher!!
Reply 14
Original post by Sixthformer94
Does anybody know if they have taken investigating genetic basis of behaviour out of the spec as I don't know whether to learn it or not?

what do you mean by investigating genetic basis of behaviour?
Reply 15
Original post by harrrrryyy06
I've done every past paper possible to help revising. This is my 3rd time doing the exam, got a U (Jan2011) the first time round and a B (Jun2011) last time round. Hoping for an A this time. A tip I would give you for some last minute cramming would be:

For each approach to behaviour and gender development, learn the key concepts and assumptions, the strengths and weaknesses and a study from each! You don't want to be caught out by a 4 marker which says name and describe a key study (so aim, method, result, conclusion. No marks for naming one sadly) from the ... approach.

that's actually a really good idea.
if you get 20 for research methods, and like 12-15 on approaches and gender development, then it will put you in a good position for to get an A :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
The best way to get 8+ marks on the 10 mark questions is to plan ALL the possible questions that could come up and study what the mark scheme want you to say.

I done this last night with the approaches and gender development.

Just read over research methods a few times and it should stick in your mind.

I hope this technique gets me an A! :smile: & I wish all of you good luck as well!

The grade boundaries aren't very high either, usually around 40-45 for an A when its out of 60!

yeah, no i agree. i really need a bloody A this time. it will make life easier when doing unit 3 and 4 :frown:
Reply 17
any predictions what could come up for the 10 mark essays on unit 1?
Original post by lumayaa
good question actually, i have no idea. does anyone know ?

I'm not too sure, we had an examiner come and said they couldn't tell us what will come up obviously but how the specification is due to "die" in 2014 so by the end of it they need to ask something that covers everything on the specification. So I'm thinking be vary of what hasn't come up yet
I made a spreadsheet of the big 10 markers as the generally recycle those- but I have no idea what was on the 2012 paper in January so that's missing!
Reply 19
Original post by lumayaa
any predictions what could come up for the 10 mark essays on unit 1?

My teacher reckons it will be psychodynamic and SLT, i know these came up last year aswell, btu thats what she says for the 10 markers she thinks. Unless you have been told it might be another approach?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending