The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I'm not studying Dentistry. I'm studying General Medicine, but yeah, I want to work in the UK. I know some people that are training to be consultants, so I don't think it is a disadvantage.
How do I actually apply for Charles uni medicine program?? (not using the cmusc or malvern way) Ive completed an online application form but not heard anything for couple of weeks.

There is no email or contact details on their website It all seems really disorganised tbh
Reply 162
http://www.cmucas.com/contact-us/

This is the contact page for CMUCAS. Apart from that, I am not really familiar with any other way of applying.
Original post by VoodooTik
http://www.cmucas.com/contact-us/

This is the contact page for CMUCAS. Apart from that, I am not really familiar with any other way of applying.

I wondered if you know anyone doing dentistry there? if yh could I possibly contact them by email or skype :rolleyes:
Reply 164
Original post by levantine
How do I actually apply for Charles uni medicine program?? (not using the cmusc or malvern way) Ive completed an online application form but not heard anything for couple of weeks.

There is no email or contact details on their website It all seems really disorganised tbh

Hi,
did you email them?
Because I'm starting to panic. Theyve not got back to me and I don't know when or where to sit the exam...
any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:
Original post by sarwara05
Hi,
did you email them?
Because I'm starting to panic. Theyve not got back to me and I don't know when or where to sit the exam...
any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:

yeh they got back to me eventually and im doint exam in august as i have a maths exam on 21/06. but they havent sent me anything info about the exam or where to take it, i'll ask nearer the time
Reply 166
Original post by levantine
yeh they got back to me eventually and im doint exam in august as i have a maths exam on 21/06. but they havent sent me anything info about the exam or where to take it, i'll ask nearer the time

that's great
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :biggrin:
Hi,
I have some quick queries,
Firstly, who did you email? I emailed the dean - I didn't know who else to.
Secondly, is it too late to take the entrance exam and where do you take it, do you take it in Prague?
Also, I HOPE I AM NOT TOO LATE FOR THE APPLICATION! I have just emailed the dean and am waiting for a reply, to see if I have to take the exam and where and how etc.
Thank you for helping me,
I appreciate it !:smile:
And further to my previous quote, do you have to have some sought of medical agency or pass through a system like UCAS to get to the uni, or can you just email, hopefully take the entrance exam and go from there onwards.
Thanks again,
:biggrin:
Reply 169
Did you mean you e-mailed the dean of Charles Uni? I think it is possible to e-mail the dean and take the exam, but you would have to take it in Prague. I went through an examination centre at Malvern, Worcestershire called CMUCAS (not related to UCAS), which provides one or two week (expensive) revision courses and then the entrance exam or you could ask to take the entrance exam in Malvern without any revision courses.

As for your application, I think you may have missed the deadline for the one in early June, but you can still apply to take it in the beginning of September.
Do you have to register to take the exam and how do you do it?
Reply 171
I registered with CMUCAS. Just phone them and take it from there +44 (0) 1684 892300.
So anyone did the exam today!!??
VoodoTik thanks a bunch for helping me out - really appreciate it and I just phoned CMUCAS and I am hopefully going to proceed with the form. :smile:
Reply 174
No worries :smile:
Hi,
I plan to attend the CMUCAS scheme, does anyone know if they give the results immediately after you have taken the exam.
And I know people are saying the exam is mostly A level and is ok but can anyone tell me more specifically the content and do they give you some questions outside the breadth of A Level?
And does everyone have to attend the interview - is that in Prague or at your examination centre and is that like a medical interview?
Thanks for helping :smile:
Reply 176
Depending on which examination centre you go to, they give the exam results after one or two hours as marking is all done by hand.

I think if you study anything medically related then that's fine, although I do recall one question that was about plants, but that's all I remember about it.

I am not sure about Prague or any other examination centres, but if you get a really high score, then they will accept you without an interview, otherwise you will have to do an interview (if you are doing it with CMUCAS), which is like a standard medical interview.
If you get three A*s can you accepted straight away??

Do you learn Latin as well as Czech??
Reply 178
No matter how many A*s in A-Level you have got, you still have to take the entrance exam.

The course itself is in English, but on top of that you will learn Latin for one year in first year (and take an exam on it at the end of the year) and you will learn Czech for three years (you will get tested on Czech throughout the years and you will get the main exam at the end of the third year). Upon passing Czech in the third year, you will not have to study Czech anymore.
Original post by Sharpshooter
If you get three A*s can you accepted straight away??

Do you learn Latin as well as Czech??

I got all A's in my A levels and when I applied I got accepted without an interview to the faculty in Hradec Kralove. But I'm in one of the faculties in Prague now and none of them will accept you on A level grades alone.

You'll have to learn Latin in your first year and when I was in first year you actually had to have passed the Latin final examination to sit the Anatomy final examination, so it's quite an important subject. Also, since alot of the Czech doctors use Latin terminology to describe alot of the medical pathologies it comes in quite handy.

You'll have to do Czech for three year, but it's no big deal because you'll get good at the language just living here...

On a seperate note, I just thought I'd say that I just finished all my final year exams earlier this week! So now I am finally Dr Chromozone! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending