The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Robin :yucky:

Tbf the waitress at the bar is better than robin (can't remember name)
Original post by S-man10
Robin :yucky:

Tbf the waitress at the bar is better than robin (can't remember name)

Wendy the waitress! She is hot indeed. She and NPH had small roles in American Reunion by the way. :biggrin:
Reply 762
Original post by RabbitCFH
Wendy the waitress! She is hot indeed. She and NPH had small roles in American Reunion by the way. :biggrin:

Yep, saw that...

Nora and Wendy the waitress together ffs :jiggy:
Right me and my gf have been really into HIMYM over the last few weeks and I need you guys to help me settle a debate.

So there are a few online myths about who the mother is all of which I think are crazy but my gf thinks they could be right.

#1 The mother is Zoe's stepdaughter. Yeah that's right people actually think that. I don't think it can be that for a number of reasons. Ted talks about his love story being the best of all time and I don't think hooking up with the step daughter of one of your exes count.

#2 Robins little sister. This one is crazy because he already met her when she was like 15. That's more creepy than anything else.

#3 Barney's half sister. Now this one could actually happen because we get told recently that she's in college so she could be that girls room mate. Also I doubt Barney would mind (Saying that guessing how Barney would react/behave to anything is impossible). Also after all the grief Ted gave Barney when his sister came into town about not touching her, it's a bit hypocritical that ted then goes on to marry Barney's sister.

Now the main thing I'm hoping people agree on me with is surely the mother can't be related or close to any of the group ?. My main reasoning for this is simple. There would be no story. For example you can't tell your kids about Aunt Robin, Uncle Barney or Zoe when the simple solution is obviously "I met your mother because she was close to so and so". The kids would know that it was Robbin or Barney's sister making the story pointless.

Some more likely solutions.

#1 The love solutions match. I really think they messed up the story line by not making Ted meet her. Ted would not of left a date with his perfect girl when he is so desperate to pick up Lilly. I think when they meet it could be her.

#2 Anyone who has watched "No tomorrow" will of seen the brief moment when Ted bumps into someone at a party. The same party he says the mother was there.

#3 The mothers name is Tracy. In the stripper episode the stripper says "my real name is Tracy" and then Ted says that's how I met your mother. The kids wouldn't believe him unless their mothers name really was Tracy.

http://www.jackcola.org/blog/126-who-is-the-mother-in-how-i-met-your-mother-exposed

The myths come from that blog and apparently the Barney's half sister myth is the "most likely" but I really don't like it. Also not a fan of the whole "she was in that class" thing as the whole student professor thing kind of weirds me out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arenas123
Right me and my gf have been really into HIMYM over the last few weeks and I need you guys to help me settle a debate.

So there are a few online myths about who the mother is all of which I think are crazy but my gf thinks they could be right.

#1 The mother is Zoe's stepdaughter. Yeah that's right people actually think that. I don't think it can be that for a number of reasons. Ted talks about his love story being the best of all time and I don't think hooking up with the step daughter of one of your exes count.

#2 Robins little sister. This one is crazy because he already met her when she was like 15. That's more creepy than anything else.

#3 Barney's half sister. Now this one could actually happen because we get told recently that she's in college so she could be that girls room mate. Also I doubt Barney would mind (Saying that guessing how Barney would react/behave to anything is impossible). Also after all the grief Ted gave Barney when his sister came into town about not touching her, it's a bit hypocritical that ted then goes on to marry Barney's sister.

Now the main thing I'm hoping people agree on me with is surely the mother can't be related or close to any of the group ?. My main reasoning for this is simple. There would be no story. For example you can't tell your kids about Aunt Robin, Uncle Barney or Zoe when the simple solution is obviously "I met your mother because she was close to so and so". The kids would know that it was Robbin or Barney's sister making the story pointless.

Some more likely solutions.

#1 The love solutions match. I really think they messed up the story line by not making Ted meet her. Ted would not of left a date with his perfect girl when he is so desperate to pick up Lilly. I think when they meet it could be her.

#2 Anyone who has watched "No tomorrow" will of seen the brief moment when Ted bumps into someone at a party. The same party he says the mother was there.

#3 The mothers name is Tracy. In the stripper episode the stripper says "my real name is Tracy" and then Ted says that's how I met your mother. The kids wouldn't believe him unless their mothers name really was Tracy.

http://www.jackcola.org/blog/126-who-is-the-mother-in-how-i-met-your-mother-exposed

The myths come from that blog and apparently the Barney's half sister myth is the "most likely" but I really don't like it. Also not a fan of the whole "she was in that class" thing as the whole student professor thing kind of weirds me out.

I don't think it's any of the first three. And the professor thing shouldn't be weird as she might be a mature student or a post grad (it is econ 305 after all). I do think that it is the girl he was matched up to for the love solutions thing, as he misses the date and then decides to try with Robin, so that explains why the date wasn't re arranged.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by PrinceyJ
I don't think it's any of the first three. And the professor thing shouldn't be weird as she might be a mature student or a post grad (it is econ 305 after all). I do think that it is the girl he was matched up to for the love solutions thing, as he misses the date and then decides to try with Robin, so that explains why the date wasn't re arranged.

305 is third year isn't it ? Making the average student 21. Ted's 31 at that point ... I get she could be a mature student but still. It's not that the student professor thing "weirds me out" per say. It's more the fact I don't think it fits into this whole perfect love story thing.

In the window he talks about the long lost childhood sweathearts and calls it the "second best love story" and I don't see how anything we're building up to can top that. I just don't want to be disappointed like I was with Lost.
305 is third year isn't it ? Making the average student 21. Ted's 31 at that point ... I get she could be a mature student but still. It's not that the student professor thing "weirds me out" per say. It's more the fact I don't think it fits into this whole perfect love story thing.

In the window he talks about the long lost childhood sweathearts and calls it the "second best love story" and I don't see how anything we're building up to can top that. I just don't want to be disappointed like I was with Lost.

It could be that, or it could be a post-grad class (she is room mates with a post-grad after all), they might have a weird numbering scheme.

Maybe the good part is that we've already seen the mother quite a few episodes...
Just watched the final few episodes after putting it off for some time.

ROBIN?! **** OFF!!

I was expecting it at the beginning of the series, but I hate the whole Barney-Robin thing :frown::frown:
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Just watched the final few episodes after putting it off for some time.

ROBIN?! **** OFF!!

I was expecting it at the beginning of the series, but I hate the whole Barney-Robin thing :frown::frown:

how can you hate them together ? have you seen the episode zip zip zip ? They are so right for each other. Neither want kids, both like cigars and scotch. They both have the same detached personality as well.

Personally I wouldn't be ok with the whole "she's slept with my best friend multiple times thing" but Barney is over it.

Get used to being disappointed. A lot of rumours saying that Barneys half sister is the mother which I think is a really sucky way to end it.
Reply 769
I wouldn't say Barney has a similar personality to Robin. She is far colder than him and if anything it could be argued that Barney is the most emotional. He is the only one who has matured throughout the series and he invests so much into trying to keep the group together, have fun and try to find a pseudo-dad in a best friend/tv personality.

Schmoseby is by far the worst character though, just kill him off already :colonhash:

I'm just annoyed at the whole Ted and Victoria thing. He should have dropped her at the church, we know they are (most likely) not going to end up together)
Reply 771
I never really liked Victoria, he eyes seem to point inwards, like the whole eye socket towards the nose...
Original post by Mess.
I never really liked Victoria, he eyes seem to point inwards, like the whole eye socket towards the nose...

it's called 'blow-job eye'. it's a condition caused by ....
Reply 773
I think Victoria's great.

Did they ever say he met the mother at Barney's wedding specifically or just 'a' wedding.
Original post by Rakas21
I think Victoria's great.

Did they ever say he met the mother at Barney's wedding specifically or just 'a' wedding.

Just a wedding. But we know that they meet at the wedding that was confirmed at the end of season 7 to be Barney and Robin's. I'm thinking that it isn't barney's sister because in the episode where ted bumps into Stella again after he got left at the altar he says that he wouldn't have met the mother had it not been for her.

If the mother was barney's sister, then this chance meeting wouldn't matter because Barney is the most direct connection between them.

Therefore I think that it is the girl that ted bumps in to at the St Patrick's day party as Stella also mentions that she was out on St Patrick's day, and that Stella is the mother's friend.

PLEASE tell me that Season 8 will be the last season...
Original post by Doughnuts!!
PLEASE tell me that Season 8 will be the last season...

Apparently we meet the mother at the start of next season and then the rest of the season builds up to them getting married.

They can't drag it out for too long. It's already starting to get unrealistic. If I was a kid I'd of just walked up to my mum by now and been like "tell me how you met dad in less than 10 minutes".

It's already pretty unrealistic. I don't know many dads that talk to their kids (especially their daughters) about the women they slept with before their wife and all their past ex's.
Apparently we meet the mother at the start of next season and then the rest of the season builds up to them getting married.

They can't drag it out for too long. It's already starting to get unrealistic. If I was a kid I'd of just walked up to my mum by now and been like "tell me how you met dad in less than 10 minutes".

It's already pretty unrealistic. I don't know many dads that talk to their kids (especially their daughters) about the women they slept with before their wife and all their past ex's.

OR... Maybe Ted is crazy and forever alone, he never got married and tells his imaginary children some imaginary stories.
OR... Maybe Ted is crazy and forever alone, he never got married and tells his imaginary children some imaginary stories.

OR "kids, you're adopted. I just wanted to tell you the awesome stories of barney stinson"

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
OR "kids, you're adopted. I just wanted to tell you the awesome stories of barney stinson"

These endings would be worse than the ending of Lost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending