The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE French Foreign Language Listening Tracks

Hey guys,

I have my CIE IGCSE French Listening on Tuesday and would like to do some practice. I was wanting to know whether anybody has any past listening tapes as I can't seem to find any? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
www.xtremepapers.net

This site contains almost all the past papers of IGCSE and also some listening tracks. Go to Papers > CIE > Cambridge IGCSE > French Foreign Language (0520)
Reply 2
Original post by Prii21
www.xtremepapers.net

This site contains almost all the past papers of IGCSE and also some listening tracks. Go to Papers > CIE > Cambridge IGCSE > French Foreign Language (0520)

I've been, it doesn't have tracks unfortunately. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by ak2109
I've been, it doesn't have tracks unfortunately. :frown:

Oh I'm sorry i meant the transcripts. Anyways http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/audio/french/
This has practice of listening and tips and exercises to improve your listening skills. Hope it helps! Best of luck! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Thank you very much! :smile: Noticed today that you had CIE continuous writing too? How did you find it?
Reply 5
Reply 6

Ah, you are correct. Thank you. May be able to do 1 or 2 before this afternoon. :P
Reply 7
Original post by ak2109
Thank you very much! :smile: Noticed today that you had CIE continuous writing too? How did you find it?

It was good, I think! :P I just don't know what to expect! cause i hardly practiced much for it because I had Biology Extended the same day! But I didn't find it difficult! It was easy, I just hope I get good marks :biggrin:
What about youu??
Reply 8
Original post by Prii21
It was good, I think! :P I just don't know what to expect! cause i hardly practiced much for it because I had Biology Extended the same day! But I didn't find it difficult! It was easy, I just hope I get good marks :biggrin:
What about youu??

The same as me really. :P Had to make up a lot of 'rubbish' for the second one. :P
Reply 9
Original post by ak2109
The same as me really. :P Had to make up a lot of 'rubbish' for the second one. :P

hahaha! *high five* :P :wink:
Is it possible to retake it?
Basically the problem is that the school decided to use different speakers. -_-
And they were so static-y!
Especially for the last exercise, quite a few of the answers were completely obscured by static bursts.
And the exam invigilator didn't care, or say anything.
It was so frustrating.
And we weren't allowed to ask for anything, and disturb the rest of the candidates, so nobody said anything.
But when we discussed it after it was over, everyone seemed to have the same problem.
And then the Spanish listening paper was the day after, and they got totally screwed over too.
I usually get from the 46-48 range, but this time, I think I'm going to end up with 44-46.
We're going to talk to the school board, but what can they possibly do?
It's not like they can give us a retest, obviously these things are pre-recorded and pre-scheduled by Cambridge.
But I think it's grossly unfair that we didn't do as well as we could simply because of some speakers.
Is there a solution to this?
Reply 11
Original post by chameleonbananas
Is it possible to retake it?
Basically the problem is that the school decided to use different speakers. -_-
And they were so static-y!
Especially for the last exercise, quite a few of the answers were completely obscured by static bursts.
And the exam invigilator didn't care, or say anything.
It was so frustrating.
And we weren't allowed to ask for anything, and disturb the rest of the candidates, so nobody said anything.
But when we discussed it after it was over, everyone seemed to have the same problem.
And then the Spanish listening paper was the day after, and they got totally screwed over too.
I usually get from the 46-48 range, but this time, I think I'm going to end up with 44-46.
We're going to talk to the school board, but what can they possibly do?
It's not like they can give us a retest, obviously these things are pre-recorded and pre-scheduled by Cambridge.
But I think it's grossly unfair that we didn't do as well as we could simply because of some speakers.
Is there a solution to this?

I would write a letter of formal complaint to CIE, stating the whole situation and the condition of the speakers. You could also possibly go to your headteacher who can write directly to the exam board I think on behalf of your school. Regarding retakes, I don't think that's possible.
does anyone have the audio for may june 2010 onwards??
Original post by Richa Gupta
does anyone have the audio for may june 2010 onwards??

http://www.jwitney.net/french/igcse-french/past-papers/
here ya go
does anyone have nov 2011 varient 2 listening track
does anyone have the october november 2016 french(0520) igcse audio? for paper 11, 12,and 13 ??????
does anyone have the october november 2016 french tracks
Original post by sohailanaser
does anyone have the october november 2016 french tracks

Even I can't find the october november 2016 tracks
might be kind of later,haha,but if anyone is looking you can head to dynamicpapers.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending